I have a Curve 8310 and my company is changing to a 8350i curve. Is it possible to transfer everything I have on the 8310 to the 8350? How do I do this?
    07-21-10 07:36 AM
    You have two options, both require hooking your BB into Desktop Manager. You can use the device switch wizard and that will transfer all of your information onto the new device from the old one, along with 3rd party apps.

If you're not wanting to do all that, you can simply make a backup of your 8310, and restore it onto the 8350i.
    07-21-10 07:38 AM
    As long as you have both devices still in your possession, use the switch device in DM. It will backup the old device, then you connect the new device and info is transferred. Be careful though, some things aren't compatible with the new device.
    07-21-10 07:39 AM
    Hi
    The switch device in DM will actually automatically create a backup from the old phone first (and save it on your pc) and then look for any updates on the new phone then install them, then restore the backup on the new phone. BUT i advise you not to rely on that for when you want your BBM list. I switched from Curve 8900 to Bold 9700 two days ago, using the device switch in DM. When i did that, i got everything back, including the BBM list. But when i tried talkin to ppl on BBM, i had to re-invite them. Gladly i had taken a remote backup of my BBM list (in BBM go to options and then backup). When i restored my BBM list from remote backup, it worked like a charm and i didnt have to re-invite my 70+ contacts

So my advice:

Create a backup of your BBM list remotely
    Create a backup of your phone via DM (altho it will create one during the switch, but u never know. Backup only takes 1 min)
    Use the Device Switch Wizard (If there are a lot of updates, this might take 30 min or an hour depending on your internet connection on the computer)

Good luck !
    07-21-10 08:06 AM
    Awesome guys! Thanks.
    07-21-10 12:13 PM
    By the way, don't expect your 3rd party apps to be transferred. DM doesn't do
    that. You can use BBSAK for that though.

BBSAK: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife – Free GUI Alternative to JL_Cmder | BerryReview.com
    07-21-10 12:18 PM
    By the way, don't expect your 3rd party apps to be transferred. DM doesn't do
    that. You can use BBSAK for that though.

BBSAK: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife – Free GUI Alternative to JL_Cmder | BerryReview.com
    See, I thought the same thing, however I'm told in this thread that 3rd party apps are transferred thru DM.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/devi...wizard-495451/
    Can someone confirm or deny this for me? We need to make sure we're all on the same page...
    07-21-10 12:40 PM
    I hope that's true. I think DM only backs up 3rd party apps during an OS update.
    But not a device switch. This may have changed though so I could be competely
    wrong now.
    07-21-10 12:44 PM
    I hope that's true. I think DM only backs up 3rd party apps during an OS update.
    But not a device switch. This may have changed though so I could be competely
    wrong now.
    I believe you are correct, my apps will transfer over when I upgrade my OS, but if I switch devices I will get the 'A fatal error has occured' message. If I click on the box in Device Switch Wizard that says to NOT transfer over 3rd party applications, it will work flawlessly...
    07-21-10 12:48 PM
    I believe you are correct, my apps will transfer over when I upgrade my OS, but if I switch devices I will get the 'A fatal error has occured' message. If I click on the box in Device Switch Wizard that says to NOT transfer over 3rd party applications, it will work flawlessly...
    Yeah, whenever I do an OS upgrade, all my 3rd party apps transfer over as well... never done a Device Switch using the Wizard... I just want to make sure I've got the right info!
    07-21-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD