does anyone do this?

if so, any good?
    07-21-10 07:10 AM
    Works just fine.... there are some better Music playing apps out there, but the one built into the Blackberry does work just fine.

It will shorten your battery life without charging.
    07-21-10 07:40 AM
    I have 1800+ songs on mine, use it all the time.. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 07:45 AM
    why not use it as your media player, saves having to carry around an extra item.
    07-21-10 07:57 AM
    I use my 9700 as an MP3 player in the metro and long trips. I only dislike the fact that you cannot queue in a song while listening to another one, unless you're playing a "Playlist". But this is minor. I carry a PowerMonkey for my Air trips.

And blueyestm makes a great point here. I don like stuffing my pockets with so many gadgets.

Cheers
    07-21-10 08:21 AM
    I use the media player all the time music & movies. Everything plays, works fine for me.

Just out of curiosity- I've heard alot of people complain about the media player, saying that its inferior/outdated etc. What exactly makes it crappy?

jayjahed made a good point- queueing up songs. Are there any other improvements you would suggest?
    07-21-10 08:38 AM
    I use mine all the time for music. I have tons of songs on my sd card. It works great.

07-21-10 08:41 AM
    This has GOT to be the like 15th thread with the very same or at least very similar title... SMH...

07-21-10 08:54 AM
    Keep 3220 songs on my Bold and its an awesome mp3 player for when I don't want to cary my iPod around. I love how you can type in the artist or song you want and it finds it immediately in your music library. If they made 160 gig micro SD card, I would toss my iPod in the river and only use the 9700.
    07-21-10 10:18 AM
    This has GOT to be the like 15th thread with the very same or at least very similar title... SMH...

I'm sure each of those 15 threads have a very same or at least very similar stupid and useless post like yours.

The entire contents of my iTunes folder are on my 9700. I never really gave much thought into the idea of "queuing" up music. To be honest I didn't even know that one could do that with certain devices. Not gonna spoil my day though. I did notice the media player has gotten improved with each build of the OS that gets put out there. For example, the stock .330 OS. There would be second-long pauses between tracks. Kinda annoying when I'm listening to an album that was recorded in a way that one track seems to be seamlessly integrated with the following or preceding track. The latest OS though, this pause between tracks is gone. So at this point, the music player on my BB is just as good as the iPod Nano that I USED to have.
    07-21-10 11:24 AM
    I use my 9700 for music full time. I loaded a 16gb sd card on it, used doubletwist to load my itunes playlist and its great. I want a scrobbler in their basic media player, but other then that, the sound quality is much better then any iPod or iPhone I've used before. Battery drain? I play it nonstop and I don't lose much battery at all.
    07-21-10 12:11 PM
    I use mine as a mp3 player while I'm at work so I can leave my ipod my car. I would use it more often but its a battery killer.

07-21-10 12:45 PM
    I'm sure each of those 15 threads have a very same or at least very similar stupid and useless post like yours.
    My post is neither pointless nor useless. Having a million threads on the same exact subject IS. There are enough threads on the forum without people creating multiples of a thread because they are too lazy to use the search funtion to see if their question, concern or rant is already covered. Sifting through page after page of the same subjects is tedious and very time consuming.

Its just plain good forum etiquette... So keep your insults to yourself, please.

Happy Foruming!

07-21-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD