I just got my first Blackberry. I pretty much had to go with the 8350i because Nextel is the only provider with decent coverage in my area, and they just don't offer many smartphones.

Anyhow, I want to get the contacts from a Motorola i335, which is also a Nextel phone, and transfer them to my new Blackberry 8350i. I don't know if this matters, but the two phones are on separate accounts.

I tried transferring them through bluetooth, but every time I try, I get a message that the transfer failed. Could this be because the contacts are stored in different formats on the two phones?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    07-21-10 06:18 AM
    you need to take the sim out of the 335 and put it in the 8350i. then transfer all the contacts to the phone from the sim.
    07-21-10 07:25 AM
    You may be able to use Google Sync. I know the app works on the 8250i, but I don't know about the i335. If it does, sync the i335 contacts to Google and then sync the 8350i, all of your contacts will be transferred. You will also have a backup in case something happens to your phone.
    07-21-10 07:30 AM
    Thank you for the help. Google Sync doesn't appear to work with the i335, but the sim transfer worked well. Some of the names in the contacts list came out with some letters chopped off, but it will be easier to go back and fix those than it would have been to redo the whole list.

Here is a step-by-step for the sim card method for future users:

Turn off your blackberry and remove the battery.
    The sim card is a little white card under the battery. Slide it out.
    Take the sim card from your old phone, and slide it in the blackberry.
    Restart the blackberry.
    Go to your contacts on the blackberry.
    Press the blackberry menu button
    Scroll down to Sim phone book and select it.
    Wait while the phone book is loaded.
    Scroll over a contact in the phonebook list, and press the blackberry menu button.
    Scroll to "add all to contacts" and select it.
    Shut down the blackberry, put the sim cards back in the right phones, and you should be set.
    07-21-10 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD