I'm stuck with my crappy Storm 1 cuz I'm not due for an upgrade til December. I see all these nice Android phones coming out for Verizon ever so often. I'm already on my 5th Storm 1 replacement in the last 2 months it's really frustrating lol....

Are there any Android phones set to be released by the end of the year??
    07-20-10 11:55 PM
    Yes. Droid 2, the Samsung Galaxy S whatever Verizon is calling it, and the Droid Pro WE.
    07-21-10 01:28 AM
    Yes. Droid 2, the Samsung Galaxy S whatever Verizon is calling it, and the Droid Pro WE.
    Verizon is calling it Facinate.
    07-21-10 06:38 AM
    Android's Gingerbread (android 3.0) will be coming out in that time frame. so you will due for an update when the newest wave of super phones come out.
    07-21-10 07:13 AM
    I'm stuck with my crappy Storm 1 cuz I'm not due for an upgrade til December.
    I'm in the exact same boat, itching to dump my Storm 1. I have a NE2 upgrade that I can use now or my contract is up in Dec. I'm thinking of waiting 'til then so I can renew with a 1-yr contract (with phones changing so constantly I don't think I want to wait another two years). By then, I hope the Droid Pro rocking Gingerbread will be ripe for the picking....
    07-21-10 07:40 AM
    Biding my time also. Also considering going back to dumb phone service. Or getting a Droid-X and selling it while the fever is upon us(some of us ).
    There is nothing wrong with a Storm. It does everything you NEED to do. All else is 'fluff'.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-21-10 at 08:26 AM.
    07-21-10 08:23 AM
    I'm in the exact same boat, itching to dump my Storm 1. I have a NE2 upgrade that I can use now or my contract is up in Dec. I'm thinking of waiting 'til then so I can renew with a 1-yr contract (with phones changing so constantly I don't think I want to wait another two years). By then, I hope the Droid Pro rocking Gingerbread will be ripe for the picking....
    I too will be doing a 1 year contract as well.
    07-21-10 08:24 AM
    Dont know for sure but Id be willing to say its a very good bet. Verizon is rolling LTE in November and I gotta think there will be phones coming out along with it. Id also be willing to bet at least one of the phones that come out will be Driod phone.
    07-21-10 11:36 AM
    Actually if your contract ends in 2010 you are eligible to upgrade to the Droid X. I went to Verizon to buy some accessories and asked about it while I was there because my wife's phone contract ends in November 2010.
    07-21-10 11:41 AM
    My contract is up in 4/11 my NE2 is in December....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 04:30 PM
    I don't know how the early upgrades work for Verizon, but I do know that I called to ask a question today and they offered me an early upgrade. I just started service with Verizon in October of last year. It says online that my upgrade date is not until June 2011. They gave me the new customer price on the Droid X for both of my lines. Verizon continues to outperform the competition in my opinion.
    07-22-10 12:52 AM
    I don't know how the early upgrades work for Verizon, but I do know that I called to ask a question today and they offered me an early upgrade. I just started service with Verizon in October of last year. It says online that my upgrade date is not until June 2011. They gave me the new customer price on the Droid X for both of my lines. Verizon continues to outperform the competition in my opinion.
    Usually the NE2 upgrades work like this: on a two-year contract you get to upgrade early in 20 months (instead of 24) with a new 2-year contract. VZW announced that they would upgrade anyone to the x who had a contract expiring in 2010 but this is the first I've heard of someone with a 2011 contract getting upgraded early. If that's what you want to do then go for it! Nice!
    07-22-10 07:16 AM
    dont forget the master line on each account gets an annual upgrade at the "new contract" price. Thats how i switched from my storm1 to the Droid X despite my contract and new every 2 not being up until 3/11.

If you are on a multi-line account there are ways you can "finagle" the system which will allow you to upgrade early. If you're not the master line but the master line is eligible you can call CS and temporarily swap numbers, then take your phone to upgrade and swap em back.
    07-22-10 08:23 AM
    dont forget the master line on each account gets an annual upgrade at the "new contract" price. Thats how i switched from my storm1 to the Droid X despite my contract and new every 2 not being up until 3/11.
    Yes, I've heard about this but don't you have to have a certain type of plan to get the 1-year price? I actually don't talk much on my phone so I have the 450-minute plan which, I think, excludes me from the annual upgrade on the line. Anyone know the details here? And, if you update annually this way, do you need to sign another contract into the future?
    07-22-10 08:34 AM
    If VZ waits til Dec to releasce the Galaxy S aka ( Fascinate ) it will be outdated, rumor has it they are already working on the Sam Gal S2 2ghz
    processor 4.3" screen.
    Droid Pro 2, 2ghz device gyro sensor, possibly 4.3" screen, with no doubt
    a hotter gpu.

Plenty of stuff will be out plenty I am sure.
    07-22-10 10:42 AM
    If VZ waits til Dec to releasce the Galaxy S aka ( Fascinate ) it will be outdated, rumor has it they are already working on the Sam Gal S2 2ghz
    processor 4.3" screen.
    Droid Pro 2, 2ghz device gyro sensor, possibly 4.3" screen, with no doubt
    a hotter gpu.

Plenty of stuff will be out plenty I am sure.

Those specs are insane!!!
    07-22-10 08:15 PM
    The higher ups at Motorola did elude that before year's end there will be a super Android device from Motorola running possibly a 2 Ghz processor and all that good stuff.

With that being said there have been rumors running around for a while now of a device called the Droid Pro. So putting some clues together I believe that around the holiday season Verizon will release this Droid Pro device which will be a world phone, most likely support LTE data, and be mega powerful.

While on this topic, before the Droid Pro comes down the pipeline the Samsung Fascinate has the most powerful hardware in terms of CPU and GPU performance, even besting the Droid X and Droid 2 (since it shares the same internals with the X) in benchmark testing.
    07-22-10 09:31 PM
    The higher ups at Motorola did elude that before year's end there will be a super Android device from Motorola running possibly a 2 Ghz processor and all that good stuff.

With that being said there have been rumors running around for a while now of a device called the Droid Pro. So putting some clues together I believe that around the holiday season Verizon will release this Droid Pro device which will be a world phone, most likely support LTE data, and be mega powerful.

While on this topic, before the Droid Pro comes down the pipeline the Samsung Fascinate has the most powerful hardware in terms of CPU and GPU performance, even besting the Droid X and Droid 2 (since it shares the same internals with the X) in benchmark testing.
    The Fascinate will best the X and the Droid 2 in graphics....
    By the time Verizon releases it. It will be obsolete. Samsung Galaxy S2 is already in the rumor mill
    07-25-10 12:57 AM
    The Fascinate will best the X and the Droid 2 in graphics....
    By the time Verizon releases it. It will be obsolete. Samsung Galaxy S2 is already in the rumor mill
    Perhaps VZW will just pass on the Fascinate and skip right to the next generation. Who knows?

Also, it seems that there are skeptics about the Galaxy S2:

Is the Samsung Galaxy S 2 (Android) phone fake?
    07-25-10 05:56 AM
    If you plan on waiting until December then pay attention to LTE rumors. VZW will have several 4G devices by May 2011. Rumors on Storm 3/4 said it would be LTE and drop q4 2010 and that an Android was in the same time Window.

07-25-10 07:53 AM
    did you sign a 1 year or 2 year contract?? i signed up in november of 09 my main line(mine) has upgrade november 22. Ive been trying to move up my upgrade forever no one will. what did you say??
    07-25-10 05:17 PM
    did you sign a 1 year or 2 year contract?? i signed up in november of 09 my main line(mine) has upgrade november 22. Ive been trying to move up my upgrade forever no one will. what did you say??
    My upgrade date is 12/13/2010 but I called customer service yesterday morning and complained how bad my storm 1 has been lately (5 returns within the last 2 months). The cs manager apologized to me about my situation and approved and early upgrade for me.

However, I spoke to a different cs rep that morning and I was told I could not get an early upgrade no matter what my situation was. So I called back 5 minutes later talked to a manager and I was given an early upgrade.
    07-25-10 06:17 PM
    Didn't VZW allow anyone with a renewal in 2010 to upgrade early? Don't understand why you guys are having issues. Was that deal only on 7/15

07-25-10 06:24 PM
    Ok this sounds crazy but what if I lie and say I've had 5 different storm 2's ... Can they tell? Its evil u know but I want the phone bow and I'm signing for another 2 years anyway so wtf

07-25-10 07:24 PM
    The Evo 4G and Droid X are the only phones I'm interested in and neither are coming to Telus, the Desire however is and still is an OK phone. I'm on the fence about deciding which phone to upgrade to, been thinking hard on getting the Bold 9700 but at the same time I kinda want to jump on the Android bandwagon since I like Linux and like the software I've been seeing. The only thing keeping me back ins the touch screen interface but I could probably get used to it, and I'd also be losing BBM.
    07-25-10 08:02 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD