Not a big deal here but....
    Under my accounts online with Verizon it comes up saying "NE2?...you're eligible". But if you hold the cursor on the question mark it gives the date for NE2 as tomorrow.
    They're giving me a big run around over this.
    I know "it's only one day" but when you've been without your phone for about a month and you've been counting the days down by the 'countdown day' listed it's quite a biotch!

Anyone have this happen?
    07-20-10 10:29 AM
    Not a big deal here but....
    Under my accounts online with Verizon it comes up saying "NE2?...you're eligible". But if you hold the cursor on the question mark it gives the date for NE2 as tomorrow.
    They're giving me a big run around over this.
    I know "it's only one day" but when you've been without your phone for about a month and you've been counting the days down by the 'countdown day' listed it's quite a biotch!

Anyone have this happen?
    hi there, I was in a similar situation, only I had 16 days left...but I couldn't wait to upgrade that MANY days lol so I called Verizon & they let me upgrade early

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 10:39 AM
    Early upgrade or NE2? That's at least a $100 difference.
    07-20-10 10:53 AM
    My NE2 was $50 and they let me use it about two or three months before I was eligible. Didn't even have to ask, they just did it.

07-20-10 11:12 AM
    WTF!!?? Why do they give me such a hard time? I've returned like one phone to them in 6 years(A Storm1 for a Storm 1). I don't ask for anything special and they treat me like a friggen leper.
    When I got my Storm 1, I waited in cold-*** weather for like 1.5 hours, was the 4 th person in line and when they called all of us in, I was the only one they took back to the tech area of the store and GRILLED me as why I was trying to get a phone on this account when my name was Bill and the name on the acctn was William? Uh.....Bill is short for William...idiots!
    I'm a well-dressed business person, not some low life trouble-maker! And I'm not one to act 'self-important' either. I just act like a normal guy.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-20-10 at 12:57 PM.
    07-20-10 12:52 PM
    WTF!!?? Why do they give me such a hard time? I've returned like one phone to them in 6 years(A Storm1 for a Storm 1). I don't ask for anything special and they treat me like a friggen leper.
    When I got my Storm 1, I waited in cold-*** weather for like 1.5 hours, was the 4 th person in line and when they called all of us in, I was the only one they took back to the tech area of the store and GRILLED me as why I was trying to get a phone on this account when my name was Bill and the name on the acctn was William? Uh.....Bill is short for William...idiots!
    I'm a well-dressed business person, not some low life trouble-maker! And I'm not one to act 'self-important' either. I just act like a normal guy.
    I'm purely speculating here...but it's probably because it's "just one day". The CS rep probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of authorizing an early NE2 if you're that close; I have a feeling the average CS rep can't just make decisions like that on their own, and have to seek approval...it may be a different story if you were a month out. (again, I don't really know). Probably not much to make a big deal over if you can take care of it tomorrow with no hassle at all. Just my 2�.
    07-20-10 01:08 PM
    If it says you're eligible on My Verizon, are you able to upgrade online? If not call them again and ask, I can't see this being an issue. If not, do as suggested and wait the one more day.
    07-20-10 02:14 PM
    I'm purely speculating here...but it's probably because it's "just one day". The CS rep probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of authorizing an early NE2 if you're that close; I have a feeling the average CS rep can't just make decisions like that on their own, and have to seek approval...it may be a different story if you were a month out. (again, I don't really know). Probably not much to make a big deal over if you can take care of it tomorrow with no hassle at all. Just my 2�.
    I also inquired about it a month ago when my Storm broke. ........NOTHING!
    I'm not all that worried about 'playing by the rules' but if they are allowing others to do it........
    i can guarantee you this time around ANY TIME my next new phone acts up in the slightest, they will be sending me a new one. If they want to play by the rules, by gosh I will do the same.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-20-10 at 02:30 PM.
    07-20-10 02:16 PM
    I had an issue with my Droid, called CS (this was about 6 weeks ago) and they said they would grant me an early upgrade to get the Incredible. When I say early I mean early. I wasn't eligible for my NE2 for like 14 months. I didn't think they were giving me the NE2, until I got sick of waiting for the Incredible and cancelled the order, then ordered a Droid X. Sure enough, when I called and cancelled the Incredible order he told me he would adjust my upgrade date so I could order online.

I wasn't even expecting the NE2 discount, just the new activation price as promised, but my NE2 was available. Like I said, he pulled it ahead 14 months without me even asking.
    07-20-10 03:42 PM
    That pisses me right off
    07-20-10 03:50 PM
    For what it's worth, that is the first time I have EVER gotten anything that resembled a concession from VZW. They haven't made any other exceptions or done anythign else for me, even when I have felt like it was due.

Oh well, you'll appreciate it that much more when you finally get it =)
    07-20-10 04:15 PM
    I also don't think that a regular CS rep can authorize an early NE2 upgrade. when I called, the rep that I was talking to said she had to ask her supervisor if I would be able to upgrade early and it took no more than two minutes when she got back to me and told me I could and placed my order.

07-20-10 04:33 PM
    This problem has me seriously considering dropping back to dumb phones to cut my cell phone bill($240/mo!!!) down.

I bet THIS is the reason they are granting so many early upgrades...............to keep that hook in your mouth............................. for another 2 years.
    07-20-10 05:42 PM
    I also inquired about it a month ago when my Storm broke. ........NOTHING!
    I'm not all that worried about 'playing by the rules' but if they are allowing others to do it........
    i can guarantee you this time around ANY TIME my next new phone acts up in the slightest, they will be sending me a new one. If they want to play by the rules, by gosh I will do the same.
    I had an issue with my Droid, called CS (this was about 6 weeks ago) and they said they would grant me an early upgrade to get the Incredible. When I say early I mean early. I wasn't eligible for my NE2 for like 14 months. I didn't think they were giving me the NE2, until I got sick of waiting for the Incredible and cancelled the order, then ordered a Droid X. Sure enough, when I called and cancelled the Incredible order he told me he would adjust my upgrade date so I could order online.

I wasn't even expecting the NE2 discount, just the new activation price as promised, but my NE2 was available. Like I said, he pulled it ahead 14 months without me even asking.
    I think a lot of people confuse "early upgrade" with NE2 discount. Not saying everyone does, but that a lot of people do. I've never had any luck getting them to give me NE2 early, but many times have requested an early upgrade (with new 2 year contract renewal, natch) and had no problems. If you really did get your $50 (or $100 depending on plan) NE2 discount ON TOP OF the standard 2-year contract price discount, then congrats...because it's not easy to get them to do it, at least from my experience.
    07-20-10 06:53 PM
    I got the phone for $149. $199 (new activation price) - $50 NE2 credit.

No confusion here...
    07-20-10 07:30 PM
    I think you are right about the confusion.
    My NE2 is $100.
    Droid-X would cost me $99.
    07-21-10 09:14 AM
    Yeah, they have two levels of NE2 discount. Some are $50, some are $100.

Mine was $50. I know for a fact they pulled my NE2 ahead, because I ordered it online and the system said "NE2 upgrade - ELIGIBLE", and when it applied the $50 discount it said it was the NE2. I got a new phone one this line last September...obviously less than two years ago.
    07-21-10 09:56 AM
    Look Mr. Bigbadwulff... there's no reason to think that people are picking on you, but if you stand outside the Verizon store or on the phone and tell them to do this or that or "You'll huff and you'll puff and blow their houses down"... well, that might be why they don't like you.

BTW, this does not constitute as business attire.

(Yes, you should use that as your Avatar picture. )
    07-21-10 04:20 PM
    I think you are right about the confusion.
    My NE2 is $100.
    Droid-X would cost me $99.
    I tried calling Verizon to give me an early upgrade but was shot down. Have to wait til December for my NE2 but the rep did tell me my discount would $100 off so that's a plus
    07-21-10 05:49 PM
    If you have a corporate store nearby, I would just go there...:-D
    07-21-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD