I've called and they've agreed my two trouble spots are major areas and the towers show "too many" dropped calls... but nothing HAPPENS to fix them.

Who can I email and get results? I'm an inch from paying more to be on verizon this is very annoying to have nearly zero signal at work or home, having to go outside to use my phone (along with the other 10 sprint users here at work, yet my gf has verizon and it has full signal in my office and at my house)
    07-20-10 08:57 AM
    have you tried the Airrave? that will improve signal inside your home.. if u complain enough they might give you one for free.
    07-20-10 11:54 AM
    Free? why for free?
    07-20-10 12:25 PM
    Free? why for free?
    Better to keep a customer happy & eat the small cost of an airrave than to loose another customer and the thousands of dollars they will make over the term of a contract.
    07-20-10 01:15 PM
    Better to keep a customer happy & eat the small cost of an airrave than to loose another customer and the thousands of dollars they will make over the term of a contract.
    exactly, i read here on crackberry its been done before. people have complained and sometimes they give you one for free.
    07-20-10 01:46 PM
    Problem is it doesn't do anything for data problems, which given anyone who has signal problems probably also has problems with...
    07-20-10 02:57 PM
    If its giving you a lot of problems also where you really have trouble making calls and such and it will not be fixed in your area then they have to let you out of your contract to switch as its illegal to make a customer pay for a service where they really don't have any.

I was tired of verizon screwing me over (verizon in my opinion is overpriced and I kept getting random charges for no reason) I changed my address to a friend's through Verizon who lived in the middle of no where and verizon didn't have coverage. I had over a year left in my contract and got out of my contract with absolutely no ETF. They will give you fight trying to keep your service but in the end they will let you go. I then preceded to switch to Sprint and then never had a problem.

Sprint has to do the same thing if you have that much trouble with service. All carriers will put up a bit of a fight because they would be losing money but in the end if they have no plans to fix it quickly they will have to let you go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 03:43 PM
    I have a signal problem with my bb also. I go into roam more frequently when I never used to with my "dumbphone", but I plan to stick with Sprint as I been with them for about 6 years and the signal was always great!! Also, carriers recently have been known to drop you as a customer due to frequent complaints. I heard this not long ago on the news. I don't know how common of a practice this is.
    07-20-10 04:59 PM
    Problem is it doesn't do anything for data problems, which given anyone who has signal problems probably also has problems with...
    i heard the new airrave is data capable and its not just for voice.
    07-20-10 06:13 PM
    a carrier can't just drop you. Not paying your bill yes and they will make sure they get their money but they can't just decide with complaints to drop you. It is known though if you have a valid reason to want to leave like the OP has stated....can't get a signal where it is important a carrier will most likely let you out of your contract. I have also seen this happen. But it is also smart to talk to them politely and not be yelling and ranting. I would talk to Sprint and try to get out of your contract. They can also send a Sprint tech to your home to see what the problem is. You shouldn't have to pay for coverage that isn't giving you the service you need and so rightly deserve.

I have a friend in CA who gets dropped at the same place all the time. I keep telling her to email Verizon about this dead zone. It happens with everyone. It has happened to me even when I have been visiting her. But they want emails over issues, phone calls are enough. I even emailed about it but I don't live there.
    It is a stretch of freeway and it should be taken care of. I am tired of hearing her complain to me about it and it only takes a minute or two to send an email !

We had an area in my town that was a dead zone and it got taken care of. It just takes being persistent and the more who email about an issue, then it gets resolved.
    07-20-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD