I was a previous owner of a BB. I now have a non-smart phone with VZ (grandfathered old plan w/data included). My next phone was going to be the Incredible...then the Droid X...now probably a BB again.
    You can't keep the phone on the shelves long enough to go into a store and even demo one....I guess that's good for you, but by the time VZ actually has any to sell, the other companies are gonna have something else too. You think they would have learned with the Incredible and would have been prepared.
    Heck they should have known that when then Incredible came out they should have had more ready. It was destroying everything else out there.
    So, I guess it stinks. I was looking forward to becoming a Droid owner, but not anymore.
    And to VZ...when my contract expires I might even jump ship due to recent changes in plans and making people pay data plans for non-smart phones, etc. I know others do so, but at a lesser rate. Also, if you can't get it together with Motorola etc to get enough units to please your customers...what? I'd think if I were running the business, selling more phones would be a good thing.
    07-19-10 08:07 PM
    I was a previous owner of a BB. I now have a non-smart phone with VZ (grandfathered old plan w/data included). My next phone was going to be the Incredible...then the Droid X...now probably a BB again.
    You can't keep the phone on the shelves long enough to go into a store and even demo one....I guess that's good for you, but by the time VZ actually has any to sell, the other companies are gonna have something else too. You think they would have learned with the Incredible and would have been prepared.
    Heck they should have known that when then Incredible came out they should have had more ready. It was destroying everything else out there.
    So, I guess it stinks. I was looking forward to becoming a Droid owner, but not anymore.
    And to VZ...when my contract expires I might even jump ship due to recent changes in plans and making people pay data plans for non-smart phones, etc. I know others do so, but at a lesser rate. Also, if you can't get it together with Motorola etc to get enough units to please your customers...what? I'd think if I were running the business, selling more phones would be a good thing.
    If you switch carriers every time a highly-anticipated phone is out of stock at the beginning of its release, you are going to run out of carriers right quick my friend.
    07-19-10 08:13 PM
    Up for upgrade tomorrow. Will see what is around. May wait for the Samsung Fascinate......and be on a list and be there at day break when they release the SOB.
    07-19-10 08:20 PM
    Up for upgrade tomorrow. Will see what is around. May wait for the Samsung Fascinate......and be on a list and be there at day break when they release the SOB.
    If your upgrade is tomorrow then why didn't you have them move it up? Did you not hear that VZW was allowing anyone who had an update in '10 to upgrade anytime this year! To the OP, you should have learned from the Inc. about the demand for these high powered Android phones. Android is awesome and if you want the latest one, you have to get in line or order. Not to be an *** but I'm posting from my DX right now!
    07-20-10 10:25 AM
    You can EARLY upgrade yes but not NE2. That's a $100 difference. I'm not paying that....especially for one day(now)
    07-20-10 10:32 AM
    You can EARLY upgrade yes but not NE2. That's a $100 difference. I'm not paying that....especially for one day(now)
    You have nothing to lose when you haggle with VZW reps on the phone! Tomorrow is here, so I hope you enjoy your new phone.
    07-21-10 12:44 AM
    Joining Verizon on August 12 with the Droid 2
    07-27-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD