Question CB, What application would be best to increase memory and also to clean up memory?
    07-19-10 02:05 PM
    Increase memory on S2? How many apps and themes do you have installed?

I had 130MB free, but I only ran about 10 apps, and no themes. If you have themes, they are notroious for leaking memory. I'd remove those first, make sure you are closing apps when you're not using them, clearing browser cache and running memory cleaner once in a while.
    07-19-10 02:08 PM
    The best solution is to manually remove the files you don't need. Any memory management app has to reside in memory itself, so you automatically have less available memory just from installing the app and it has to recover at least its own size in memory before you begin to see a benefit. Even worse, it will be in conflict with the OS's own memory management tools, which you can't disable. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that is linked in my sig is one good tool. There are others as well.

The Memory Cleaner that plkcable refers to in his post is a security utility. Running it won't hurt you, but it doesn't free up any significant memory. The rest of his advice is good sound practice.
    07-19-10 02:09 PM
    There is an app in app world called memory booster - Ram Optimizer...its made by
    s4bb...its one of my favorite apps its worth the 5$ after tax but i use it all the time...my phone will start laging click boos memory and it stopes then a not pops up tellling you how many MB wre cleared adn my phone moves smoothly again it even adds a boost button right into your menu without actualy running in the backgroud it opens to boost memory then closes itself and if you actualy open the app it has a nice GUI with either text or bar graph representation of your free and used memory on your device it really is a great app i recomend it its worth the price
    07-23-10 04:22 PM
    I installed Memory Booster on my S2 and found shortly thereafter found a bug: when typing my password it would show what I was typing and would try to autocorrect, then the phone would freeze. Only a battery pull would solve the problem. I have since rectified the problem by turning off the automatic background boost.
    12-09-10 11:39 PM
    The best solution is to manually remove the files you don't need. Any memory management app has to reside in memory itself, so you automatically have less available memory just from installing the app and it has to recover at least its own size in memory before you begin to see a benefit. Even worse, it will be in conflict with the OS's own memory management tools, which you can't disable. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that is linked in my sig is one good tool. There are others as well.

The Memory Cleaner that plkcable refers to in his post is a security utility. Running it won't hurt you, but it doesn't free up any significant memory. The rest of his advice is good sound practice.
    +1

i havent found any memory app to worth anything, especially for memory management. almost all memory "booster" apps will actually decrease your available memory, rather than make it any better.
    12-10-10 07:44 AM
    Here are a few good memory booster apps you can try : MemoryUp Personal (by emobistudio), MemoryBooster (by s4bb) and Memboo (by quitesimple). Lastly, there is also an app called MeterBerry (by giant cashew software) which has many useful functions including boosting phone memory. Hope this helps!
    12-10-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD