The volume on my Bold 9000 is very low for the ringer, videos and media player.

Any idea how I can boost this, to hear something i need to hold it on my ear.

Should I be contacting Rogers for warranty, does anyone know if they have OTC warranty phones available?
    07-18-10 10:07 PM
    Well Rogers offered an OTC replacement, but the location couldn't find the product they were supposed to have, tried offering my a Curve 8300....I laughed, then I asked about a 9700, they didn't have any.

Called Rogers back, they are sending me a replacement and working on it being a 9700 as if i had a white 9000 they would do it. They are out of stock on the 9000's but have 9700's, so lets see what happens.
    07-19-10 03:26 PM
    Best of luck on a replacement, that would be your best route. If you're desperate in the meantime, you could try this: Remove the rear cover and gently pull back on the gray plate (which houses the flash-LED) above the camera while playing a song or video to test the volume. I used a tiny screwdriver, but a safety pin or something would work as well.

If that solves the problem, then a more permanent solution will be to prevent the cover from pressing on the plate. I used a few stacked cutouts of a vinyl sticker around the plate and it seemed to do the trick. (see pic)
    07-19-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD