You should incorporate a chat feature like what is available on many other websites. For ideas go here.

http://www.48days.net/
    Ambassadors Alliance Fellowship
    07-18-10 04:00 PM
    Thought about it but kind of defeats the purpose of the forums. People would go straight there for answers and it would eventually kill off all other discussions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 11:19 PM
    Thought about it but kind of defeats the purpose of the forums. People would go straight there for answers and it would eventually kill off all other discussions.

Not true. On the other websites that I use the chat DOES NOT eliminate the need for the forums. Chat is just a basic way to address basic issues. Why not try another website and see if I am right?

CARM, Christian Discussion Forums

Thats one to try. Last night they had like 18 in the chat room, and forums are still being used frequently. But then againTheology is a far deeper and complex subject than computers.

John
    07-19-10 05:02 AM
    cyanogen(mod) uses a shotbox, similar to a chat room but it's at the top of EVERY forum section.

that would most likely be the best option IF CB were to do it.
    07-19-10 04:56 PM
    I think it's a good idea.
    07-19-10 10:03 PM
    If you use an irc server it wouldn't stop the use for forums, you would get a bit more activity plus the users on cb will get the chance to interact with other users. You can define in the rules or topic that you use the forum for questions etc. If the don't abide by them then you do something about it. On another topic people said it wud be hard to maintian that's not true. I've run irc servers/networks for about 5 years and its just a matter of getting the right opers in place. Plus not everybody would use the irc server, so therefore they would have to use the forums. There is other advantages aswell like if a new thread comes onto the forum you could announce it on the server and then people who see that would be able to answer the questions on there aswell. If you decide to run one drop me a pm and ill be more than welcome to give you some ideas/setup one for yourselfs.

07-20-10 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD