I deleted the camera icon because on my Blackberry tour, you could access the camera option by going to media, and then going to pictures. For whatever reason, in this newest version, you cannot.

So my accident, I did delete the icon. And now, i have no idea how to get it back. I tried a couple backup features on the desktop manager, and have tried to do a couple other things and to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    07-18-10 11:07 AM
    It may just be hidden. In the menu hit the bkackberry button show all. See if that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 11:24 AM
    Most likely it is hidden or misplaced in some random folder.
    07-18-10 11:26 AM
    You can not "delete" the camera icon.
    You have either moved it to a different folder, or you clicked the "hide" button.
    07-18-10 11:43 AM
    If all else fails reset your theme defaults. Maybe the icon will come back? But you'll have to reorganize your berry.
    07-18-10 11:52 AM
    Waahahahah.

Yes it can never be delete. So it must be hidden!

07-18-10 11:58 AM
    I do not have any hidden icons on my home screen or in any folders. I did try to reset my theme, but it didn't bring back the camera icon.

Any other ideas of where it may have been moved or how to get it back?
    07-18-10 12:33 PM
    I mean is there any way to search for it? I tried searching using the search icon and cannot find any camera option.
    07-18-10 12:48 PM
    I mean is there any way to search for it? I tried searching using the search icon and cannot find any camera option.
    my guess is that it is hidden i the media folder, if not then idk what you did...it's not easy to delete the camera.

BTW: Wrong Forum.
    07-18-10 01:49 PM
    I literally believe it allowed me to delete the Camera icon. I did not think much of it, as an icon is just a routing point to an application. I believed, as in my Tour that i just had a few days ago (the reason im posting in the bold forum) that I could access the camera from the pictures application within Media.

My Stock bold cannot do that. I have found the "drivers" for it under the core applications in the options folders, but I cannot do anything to access it.

I have checked every single folder on my BB, searched for the Camera using the search application under a few different names, and have found nothing.

I am wondering if verizon/rim can push one Ota. Just seems like a silly problem.
    07-18-10 01:57 PM
    Silly question, do you have a bold WITHOUT a camera?

If you do then try to route a convenience key to the camera, or use quicklaunch. Or in worst possibilities reload your OS. Another stupid idea, go to the compose mms screen then hit attach photo and see if camera is an option for the photo source.
    Last edited by BrianM23; 07-18-10 at 02:14 PM.
    07-18-10 02:11 PM
    Yea I have the camera.

1. How do you route a convenience key? That was going to be my next step.

2. I did...and it only allows me to attach a pre existing photo that I have on my memory card from my tour.

I appreciate you guys trying to help me. I'm hoping to get this figured out.
    07-18-10 02:23 PM
    Yea I have the camera.

1. How do you route a convenience key? That was going to be my next step.
    Options>Screen/Keyboard
    Right Side Convenience Key opens: (select app)
    Left Side Convenience Key opens: (select app)
    07-18-10 02:35 PM
    I don't know how I did it but I guess it's official I somehow removed the camera option. Camera is not an option in the drop down list for the convenience keys.

Who would have thought removing the icon for the direct hot key would remove the entire application? Guess it's time for a replacement phone or something...
    07-18-10 02:44 PM
    I don't know how I did it but I guess it's official I somehow removed the camera option. Camera is not an option in the drop down list for the convenience keys.

Who would have thought removing the icon for the direct hot key would remove the entire application? Guess it's time for a replacement phone or something...
    You can NOT delete an icon that is part of a Core App.
    Either way... reload the OS from your computer.
    07-18-10 02:53 PM
    One more thing to try:
    Reset the theme. Options>Theme>Menu button. Choose Reset Theme Defaults
    then look to see whether the camera icon is restored. Use Show All again as well.
    07-18-10 02:58 PM
    You can NOT delete an icon that is part of a Core App.
    Either way... reload the OS from your computer.
    Then what do you think it is? A broken OS or something? Camera is not listed under the convenience keys for my BB Bold.

If I can't delete it...how is it gone?
    07-18-10 03:02 PM
    As the previous post stated you should reload the OS you can't delete the camera from your device.
    07-18-10 03:02 PM
    Verizon just confirmed the OS had somehow deleted the application, as it has no way of being accessed. I am wiping the OS as we speak.
    07-18-10 03:25 PM
    Verizon had me restore the OS, we went through every single folder unhiding ever single thing (I didn't hide anything in the first place) and did not come up with an outcome.

Tried using the backup that I first used when i got the phone, but to no avail.

Verizon is sending me a replacement I guess, seems silly over an icon. But it is really not there and as Verizon said, there is no way to access it on my phone.
    07-18-10 04:01 PM
    Don't mean to bump and spam this board (sorry guys) but it is apparently possible that the routing to the camera CAN be removed.

Maybe not manually, but somehow, while using the Bold in the only 5 days i've had it, the Camera routing had been deleted, and it is unable to be recovered even with a hard reboot or a reinstall of the os (the verizon tech manager even said he had no clue what was up)

So we may see more of this in the future with other 9650 devices, I don't know. Just saying it IS possible to be removed. Whether by accident or on purpose.

But I do appreciate you guys trying to help me. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the blackberry OS.
    07-19-10 09:18 PM
    Well the easiest way to fix it would have been to grab BBSAK and the OS install the OS on the computer and get the COD file for the camera and reload it VIA BBSAK.

net_rim_bb_camera.cod is the file
    07-20-10 07:31 AM
    Ok a little (ok beyond little) upset with Verizon. So they decided to send me a replacement phone....and it arrived in a very timely manner (just a few minutes ago)

IT DOESN'T HAVE A CAMERA ON IT. Now that's a cruel joke.

I have been without a solid working phone for a few weeks now. It's tough paying all the major data charges when i cannot use the phone. I am NEVER an angry customer, as I work in retail myself, but this is sad.

For the first time ever, i'm going to ask for some compensation for this. Just maybe a credit to the bill, or something minor like that. I don't expect a red carpet, just something minor to say the last 4-5 replacements we've sent you have been defective. (save the last one, the camera issue may have been my fault)
    07-20-10 11:22 AM
    I was moving around my apps on my blackberry playbook and I removed all apps out of the hot bar then move the ones in that I wanted then I was moving the camera app and the photo app and there they where gone the only way I can access those apps is throw the video app by sliding from the top and also I can't place any other app in the hot bar so it's blank and it looks weird and I don't want that I only got my blackberry playbook for Christmas 2012 and right off the start something is wrong. I can live with this for a bit but I want to fix it. Please can someone help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it from who ever helps just please someone help I am only 12 and I don't know much about it I want to fix this
    01-04-13 03:15 PM
    I am the same guy but I got it fixed now thx anyway
    01-06-13 01:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD