I'd be switching from a Storm 1 - I'm tired of the hourglass and tired of typing "too fast" for the device.... and memory limitations. I have to also buy the unit at full price to keep my existing Telus plan so I don't necessarily want to wait and see what is new (then I'll want what is new, but don't want to spend $700+ on it).

Thoughts and comments on the overall speed and performance of a 9700? I do a lot of "text" entry - be it emails, SMS, wordpress, or even just notes and todo's. I'd use docs to go as well - just can't install it on the storm 1 as I don't have enough memory left after my other apps I use regularly.
    07-18-10 10:10 AM
    Never had those issues. Price decisions are up to you but I will say I hate waiting as well for any computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 10:13 AM
    The Bold 9700 has the faster processor (624mhz vs 528mhz) so that will will be
    a boost in speed right out of the box.

Also, the bold 9700 has twice the app memory (256mb vs 128) giving you more room
    for apps and a somewhat smoother operating experience.

The rest is really user preference. There are some people who prefer physical
    keyboards as they find typing faster and easier to do one-handed. On the other
    end of the spectrum I know several Storm users that can smoke the best keyboard
    typists on their best day.

As a 9700 owner I personally find it the fastest and best of any BB I have owned.
    07-18-10 10:18 AM
    Had a S1 when they first came out and had a lot of well known issues with it...kept it and just sucked it up.

IMO the 9700 blows it out of the water! Faster, more memory, don't lock up, have had no issues in two 9700's...(Long story, but nothing was wrong with first one)

Also isn't as bulky, which is a plus for me. S2 is better than S1 though, will say that, but still prefer my 9700!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 11:55 AM
    9700 is the best overall phone. If you prefer the touch screen the upgrade to s2 is worth it. They fixed a lot of the issues with the s1 and in general is a much better quality phone.
    07-18-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD