I just came from an iPhone 4 to a 9700. Better email capabilities, better speakers, love the LED notification, and is an overall better device as a PHONE.
    07-17-10 04:56 PM
    Now your life is complete.
    07-17-10 05:08 PM
    Possibly the best choice you've taken in life.
    Hope you love your phone, it's much cooler and capable of things than silly led notifications! :P
    07-17-10 05:13 PM
    give it about two days, the led's will turn you into a crackberry abuser...
    07-17-10 05:24 PM
    Enjoy your 9700. It is a fantastic device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 05:38 PM
    Hey, me too! I came from Iphone 3G and Im enjoying my 9700 very much. I like the way it feels in my hand: solid, reliable and I like the notifications, simple, straight to the point, and more of a professional feeling.
    Now I do have to say that this browser is slower and less attractive, but to tell you the truth, I don't miss my safari browser at all.
    Also, one of the biggest upgrade is I don't worry about my battery life as much as I did. Great phone. IMO overall better than Iphone.
    07-17-10 05:38 PM
    I just came from an iPhone 4 to a 9700. Better email capabilities, better speakers, love the LED notification, and is an overall better device as a PHONE.
    I do love the LED notification too. What do you mean by better email capabilities? I do use the phone a lot for email.. I ordered a i4 and waiting on its shipment. How long did you have the i4?
    07-17-10 05:47 PM
    jip great device!
    07-17-10 05:50 PM
    The Bold 9700 is the greatest to date. It is by far the Best email/messaging device on the market. Yes, the LED is just the beginning of the addiction!

07-17-10 06:37 PM
    Wow, the user reception here is excellent. Thanks!

I had an i4 since release date but the email capabilities on the 9700 is excellent since push email on the bold is great. Push on the iPhone used data constantly since it always was always connected and battery drain was soo bad.

I'm using an otterbox commuter but does anyone here use a sena ultraslim? I'm looking to get one.
    07-17-10 07:13 PM
    Convert from iPhone 3G. Don't regret the move at all. Loving my 9700.
    07-17-10 07:17 PM
    Thinking about getting an iPhone 4 and selling the Bold 9700. Hrm.

07-17-10 07:34 PM
    I went from Iphone 3G to 9700 myself, like others have said, best move I've made.
    A lot quicker to get things done on it.

I haven't heard of a sena ultraslim case

I use an alumisnap case (chrome) by ventev. I HATED phone cases until this one.
    07-17-10 07:45 PM
    Does anyone here know where I can unlock my blackberry 9700?
    07-17-10 07:54 PM
    could try gsmliberty.com

i think there's even a forum in crackberry list of forums with more info.

but you can easily find unlock codes or have someone unlock it online for a few bucks. you could try calling ur carrier and telling them you're traveling overseas, i heard that works sometimes and they'll provide the unlock code and instructions.

multiple options
    07-17-10 08:07 PM
    Errmm. Hey guys? Gals? You don't suppose this might be a troll? Let's see:
    1. iPhone 4G released (aka shiny new toy)
    2. Buy shiny new toy.
    3. Bring shiny new toy home.
    4. Hate shiny new toy.
    5. Get rid of shiny new toy.
    6. Buy different brand of shiny new toy.
    7. Post glowing report of recent conversion on #1 site for different brand of shiny new toy

= Smells of male bovine fecal matter.

Da ya think?
    07-17-10 08:32 PM
    I'm using an I4 right now but I cant wait to get back to my BB 9700 in a week...I don't care what BS anyone trust to throw a you, the I4 battery is nowhere close to the 9700...I can't type for speed and accuracy on this thing to save my life and while itys verb nice looking, the BB 9700 is balanced and ergonomically perfect and you don get that win the iPhone.

Until I switched, I never realized how important I was to me to have my communications tool possess a first rate messaging and alerts system...BB totally OWNS iPhone here...this is my dealbreaker and this is what will pull me away from some incredible iPhone features and back to BB...I know BB has pursued webkit and Apple has hired an alerts an messaging guru...whoever catches the other first will probably win out big time

07-17-10 08:33 PM
    @webmaster...definitely a troll...lol

07-17-10 08:37 PM
    @webmaster...definitely a troll...lol

Yup. I'm just being cynical.
    Ok. On to the fanboy wagon with me. (clears throat). "Woohoo. Way to go RIM! How 'bout that Bold 9700!"

Better?
    07-17-10 08:41 PM
    Yay! I'm a troll!

Thanks for the kind welcome.
    Last edited by rockyroad55; 07-17-10 at 08:57 PM.
    07-17-10 08:50 PM
    I really was considering going to the iPhone. However, you can't beat the 9700's battery life, messaging capability (this is my biggest need!), and REAL keyboard (although the 9000's keyboard was better).

What I would like from RIM is a Blackberry version of MobileMe. Other than that, I love my Berrys! (All I have ever owned!)

07-17-10 08:57 PM
    I really was considering going to the iPhone. However, you can't beat the 9700's battery life, messaging capability (this is my biggest need!), and REAL keyboard (although the 9000's keyboard was better).

What I would like from RIM is a Blackberry version of MobileMe. Other than that, I love my Berrys! (All I have ever owned!)

I had the 9000 before going to the iPhone and the keyboard on that thing was amazing! Messaging is the dealbreaker for me when it came to email.
    07-17-10 08:59 PM

Yup. Solid messaging platform as many have said already. I consider the BlackBerry OS to be much like Unix. Not flashy but very stable. I run a BESx server on my own home network and use it to do wireless synchronization of PIM data for my wife, my daughter and myself. Works great and is tightly integrated. It's the whole architecture that I'm in love with and, as the OP points out, it's a great PHONE too!

Unlike at Apple, at RIM, quality is Jobs one!
    07-17-10 09:00 PM
    PHONE-wise, at least I don't need a case for my device to work properly, as also stated by RIM CEOs.
    07-17-10 09:25 PM
    I have a pick of almost any phone on my desk. My daily is always the latest BB which now happens to be the 9700. Every so often, an iphone calls to me cause it looks so slick and cool. I put my sim in it. I usually don't even make it an hour. Once I actually left the office with an iphone and didn't take my 9700 in my back pocket so as to not be able to switch back-- at least for the night. I was brutal my friends.

07-17-10 09:29 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD