Had a 9650 that was great but wouldn't hold a charge so i got it replaced before the 30 day window closed. The replacement phone had a defective keyboard. Took that into the store and the new phone is great, but seems to be missing a few options in the settings.

There�s not "wireless update" in the menu settings

There is only "hotspot" and "internet browser" options in the browser settings...no BlackBerry Browser.

Is this a problem?

There are a few others missing but these were the biggest two that i noticed.
    07-17-10 03:52 PM
    First, try a battery pull reboot. If that doesn't fix it, the phone may not be provisioned properly. You can try resending your service books and registering your HRT, as described here: How to Resend Service Books. If these steps don't solve the problem, then you've done all a user can do and you'll have to call Verizon Customer Service.
    07-17-10 04:02 PM
    The only options that I have in browser settings is 'hotspot" and "internet browser". Browser identification I have set to Blackberry.
    07-17-10 04:37 PM
    Did you resend the service books and reregister the HRT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:11 PM
    Sounds like you got a phone that someone ran shrink-A-OS on.

07-17-10 09:09 PM
    Did you resend the service books and reregister the HRT?

yes i did and it worked great, thank you

now i just can't visual voice mail to login.
    battery still sux too
    07-17-10 09:47 PM
    ditch the visual voicemail bill and sign up for google voice. It offers the same service for FREE!
    07-17-10 10:29 PM
    Or you mail for visual voice mail. Also free. I love it. About the battery I used to think it sucked too but leaving bluetooth and wifi on drains it. Also u might have other apps running without knowing it. I only turn them on when I am going to use it.

I get about a day on it with average phone use and heavy bbm and txt and browsing.

New phones across the board seem like with all the new features, and displays and no better battery technology our new phones won't last as long as our old ones. The only other option is getting an extended life battery like the sedio ones.

07-17-10 10:42 PM
    Sorry one more thing. If ur in an area with spotty 3g to 1x covetage the phone will eat battery power switching back and forth.

07-17-10 10:43 PM
    another thing noted for saving every ounce of battery. Changing the settings to 1xev, this is in options>mobile network

I assume you will be staying in the U.S. and staying on verizon thought...
    07-17-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD