So my battery discharge is roughly 2.6% to 7.7% per hour, depending on when I check it and how much use the phone gets. Doing nothing but a couple texts yields 2.6% discharge. I uninstalled Lookout and LinkedIn, both which run in the bg and no change. My apps are as follows:

*BBM
    *MSN Messenger
    *aim
    *myspace
    *facebook
    *quicklaunch
    *berryweather (not on auto-update)
    *meterberry
    *gtalk
    *google voice

I don't even log into my I'm, unless I'm bored. So they don't run in the background at all. I keep bluetooth and wifi turned off, and gps stays on. Any ideas would be fantastic! Jaydee and I have discussed over BBM, but nothing seems to be working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 12:31 PM
    1. Verizon signal in certain geographic areas (notably Atlanta, GA) is horrible. As discussed hundreds of times, signal strength is directly correlated to battery life (or inversely correlated to battery drain). Case in point - my Motorola RAZR MAXX ve lasted for 4 days in Albany, NY, whereas it was dead within a day in Atlanta, GA. For those who wonder about usage, I actually used it MORE on the road (Albany) since it was my primary phone. In Atlanta it gets far less usage.

2. BlackBerry Messenger is a piece of trash. I don't care if it's 4.x or 5.x, it's been a turd to deal with and I've uninstalled it on every revision of Tour and Bold BBOS which I've installed.

3. You've got a lot of crap on your phone.

4. You can't just do a battery analysis without call information (calls drain battery), GPS - while active in Google Maps, VZ Navigator, etc. the phone gets hot and battery drains, email activity, vibrate, and so on. There are so many variables.

5. Finally, you might have a bum battery. My older (original Tour) battery works better than my new Bold battery, but both lag behind a replacement I purchased in a Verizon NYC retail store.
    07-17-10 12:56 PM
    As an aside, there has been some talk in these forums that leaving WiFi on is beneficial to battery drain. Check the forums and you might find some other useful tips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 01:09 PM
    Actually, whether you are or are not running a bunch of crap, I've got more crap and some of it does run in the background - berryweather, the new BB-Twitter (although I only have a few sites I follow and nothing very active) - and my gps and wifi are ON.

It might be a signal problem as mentioned. And you did not mention how much you use the phone for calls.
    07-17-10 02:36 PM
    I would also suggest changing your mobile network settings from Global to 1XEV and updating your PRL. Dial *228 to update your PRL.
    07-17-10 02:51 PM
    I've got more details:

* Todays current discharge: 8.1% per hour

* Today I made 1 phone call to the VZW Customer Service and it was a 5 minute call.

* I've done some light texting and BBM, nothing compared to what I would do on my Tour

* GPS On

* Wifi & Bluetooth Off all day

* BerryWeather with manual updates, updated 3 times today manually

* Have kept the phone on charge a lot today and still has a high discharge

* Applications:
    BackupAssistant - Not running
    berryWeather
    com_plazmic_theme_BlackBerryPro_v5_BLACK by Natemz (current theme in use)
    CB Launcher
    Foursquare - Not running
    Google Maps - Not running
    Google Sync - Runs every hour
    Google Voice - In Background
    MeterBerry - Just installed and issues were happening before install
    MobileBanking - Haven't ran it once on the new bold
    Pandora - Not running
    Poynt - Not Running
    QuickLaunch
    Skype - Not Running
    MobiHand SuperStore - Not Running
    App World - Not Running
    Viigo - Not Running
    AOL IM - Not Running
    Blackberry App Center - Not Running
    Blackberry Maps - Not Running
    BBM 5.0
    Documents to Go - Not Running
    Facebook - In Background (v. 1.7.0.22)
    Google Talk - Not Running
    Myspace
    Twitter 1.0.0.45 - Not Running
    Windows Live Messenger - Not Running

* Cell signal is great. I've got full bars on 3G with no issues what so ever. I'm in the center of Downtown Dallas, TX with amazing service

* 2 E-Mails plus a BES E-Mail (I use BIS but have my Exchange coming to my phone)

As it stands VZW Customer Service is sending me a replacement battery, so that might help. However, a VZW rep implied that my charger may be the issues. I use PowerMat (Powermat USA | Wireless charging mats and receivers for your iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry and other devices) to charge up my phone. But I don't see the issue here because the back that you put on the phone which replaces the battery door just makes contact with the metal contacts and sends the charge up through that one. The only thing that stands is either (A) the Powermat is just bad for batter or (B) the phone adapter was actually the one used on my Tour but fit perfectly on my Bold.

I've tried to think of any other information that I might need to give, but nothing is coming to mind. Also, I don't see how a lot of crap could be hurting my phone that much. I've talked to a couple other people and it just doesn't seem likely that the handful of apps on my phone would seem to be causing that much of a battery drain. Especially since I don't have much of anything running in the background nor do I have anything updating on my phone (everything is manual update).

Thanks to everyone who has given feedback thus far both on here and over BBM. This is very frustrating, as you can imagine.
    07-17-10 02:57 PM
    I don't have half the stuff you have on your phone, and my battery is discharging at roughly 15% per hour. I'm considering hitting a Sprint store this afternoon to see about a replacement battery, because I'm thinking mine is bad.
    07-18-10 10:53 AM
    Someone might want to consolidate all these 9650 battery issue threads. It seems like there is a widespread problem.
    07-19-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD