I couldn't resist not to post this error from Globe and Mail article about the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

They quoted Steve regarding the drop in signal issue...

"But Jobs claims it's an issue common to smartphones in general, and said competitors have phones that suffer from the same problem.
    He cited Research In Motion's BlackBerry Bold 9800, Samsung's Omnia 2 and the HTC Droid Eris as examples.
    "

Apple offers cases, refunds for unhappy iPhone 4 owners - The Globe and Mail
    07-17-10 08:16 AM
    That one number makes a huge difference
    07-17-10 08:22 AM
    lol sorry people I am just really bored at work...
    07-17-10 09:01 AM
    Actually he was referencing the Bold 9700...

And he was wrong to compare them.

PG
    07-17-10 09:10 AM
    Yup I know... I can't believe he actually brought other companies into his mess. Furthermore, I can't believe that this inherent design flaw went under the radar. The flaw is obvious and it didn't take long before people started having issues....

I am glad that Mike and Jim made a statement to defend their product right away.

Shame on you Steve!!
    07-17-10 09:26 AM
    I have a BB 9000... I have squeezed it in all places and the signal has not dropped. Makes me wonder if they had a signal jammer in their test studies which they turned on while holding their competitors phone so it will show a loss as well.

I smell a conspiracy theory!
    07-17-10 03:37 PM
    i just did the same thing with my 9700... i held it in all positions, everyway i can think of, and I could not get it to drop the signal one but....Jobsy is trying to pull a fast one!!!
    07-17-10 03:58 PM
    Lol...Jobs doesn't have to try and pull a fast one. He already managed to market apple to the point where fisher price-like devices are considered hi tech

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 05:04 PM
    I put my phone on my chest and cover it with both hands for 15 seconds and it only dropped 1 bar. The nearest Wind (my provider) tower is about 3Km away!!

According to Boy Genius Report who is one of the biggest iPhone fanboys around has found a death grip mode on the 9650 running Verizon:

Can you make your current phone lose signal depending on how you hold it? � Boy Genius Report
    07-17-10 05:13 PM
    yea my phone doesnt do it no matter what i do to it big red rules our air around here i get full bars evrywhere even in my basement my hand doesnt change that
    07-17-10 05:30 PM
    It was probably a rigged 9700.
    To the conspiracy theory guys--try THIS out for a theory--- they had little magnets on their fingers. LOL

Either way-- blow JOBS had no business involving others in his crap product fiasco

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 05:39 AM
    I couldn't resist not to post this error from Globe and Mail article about the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

They quoted Steve regarding the drop in signal issue...

"But Jobs claims it's an issue common to smartphones in general, and said competitors have phones that suffer from the same problem.
    He cited Research In Motion's BlackBerry Bold 9800, Samsung's Omnia 2 and the HTC Droid Eris as examples.
    "

Apple offers cases, refunds for unhappy iPhone 4 owners - The Globe and Mail
    Too bad dude couldn't just "man up" and admit there's an issue. Instead....he takes the "juvenile" stance. Job's lost a bit of credibility in my opinion. (more like a S**T ton of credibility) But hey....thats just my opinion
    07-19-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD