I'm on a Tour 9630 and this problem just started happening last night. I opened up facebook to do whatever and then I went to close it using the back button and it wouldn't close. I mean, it took me to my home screen but the Facebook app was still running in the background, Facebook saps alot of resources on my phone so this obviously made my phone work a good deal slower. I brought the app back up and tried going using menu -> close, still no luck. It eventually closed, not sure if I did something or if it finally did it on its own, but it took 5-10 minutes of my phone working slow for it to happen. Woke up this morning and checked Facebook again and had the same problem. I just noticed while typing this that the app closed itself, sooo dunno what that means... Any ideas?
    07-17-10 08:02 AM
    Possible bad install. You should delete it, battery pull, then reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 08:13 AM
    I guess I'll give that a shot. Just seems weird as it hasn't been updated in quite a while (to my knowledge) and it's worked fine all this time.
    07-17-10 08:15 AM
    The same thing happens on my phone every now and again. It doesn't really slow my phone down, so I don't worry about it. But yeah that does suck if your phone is slowed down by it.

07-17-10 08:20 AM
    Facebook takes a little time to close out completely.

07-17-10 09:11 AM
    I have found that the only way to really get it to completely shutdown is to use the "log out" option...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't know, I don't really use the app the much.
    07-17-10 09:27 AM
    I use the app a lot. It takes a few minutes then it is fine. Logging out defeats the push purpose.

07-17-10 09:38 AM
    That is fixed on the new version that will be coming out of beta soon hopefully. It even closes when you press the back button now. it is pretty smooth.
    07-17-10 11:46 AM
    I must be crazy or something, but the FB app used to do that for me up until last night O.o Press the back button and it'd fully close the app instantly; wouldn't be lingering in the app menu or anything. Oh well...
    07-17-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD