For those of you who are sure the 9700 is addicting, here is proof. My son is only 13 months.
    07-17-10 02:15 AM
    My friends kids and nephews (4 - 5 yrs) pick my phone up and send text messages to people... true its all gibberish but still they pick the names out write texts and then send it all on my BB 9000.
    07-17-10 02:40 AM
    My Now 1yr old well almost, has been a Crackberry addict since near birth, I used to give him my Tour with a Movie playing and he'd hold it like he was reading an email.

I can see where Mike was coming from during the Annual meeting talking about RIM worked on making the perfect form factor and shape for natural holding of the device, because baby's seem to have no issues holding it properly and "using it" though with no understanding beyond, press the button the screen turns on.
    07-17-10 06:25 AM
    Cute kid! It's always good to improve their tech savvy at any age.
    07-17-10 07:21 AM
    LOL my b/f's 2 year old loves her 8330 bb.. I gave her my old one since she loved to play with mine.. She litterally spends hours with it and won't go anywhere with out it.. Gotta start them out young ;o)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 12:08 PM
    Creating the next generation of Crack addicts, one baby at a time! :-D
    07-18-10 09:14 PM
    my 10 year old has her own Tour
    08-09-10 01:05 PM
    OMG how cute

I feel like I should have kids just to turn them into berry addicts! jk. That's bad. lol
    08-09-10 01:11 PM
    if i had a young child. I'd give them a dummy phone. I wouldn't let them play with my smart phone.

Personally, im not a fan of kids getting phones... but there are always exceptions.

Cute pics though!
    08-11-10 03:18 AM
    my 10 year old has her own Tour
    I understand that the organizational features and games would be okay for a 10-year-old, but who does she talk to (besides you, I suppose, lol)?
    08-11-10 12:12 PM
    This is why I buy new phones. No chance of sticky, germy, slimy fingers all over my phone
    08-11-10 12:34 PM
    This is why I buy new phones. No chance of sticky, germy, slimy fingers all over my phone
    Except you're own?
    08-11-10 02:30 PM
    Except you're own?
    I don't get it.
    08-11-10 02:50 PM
    Lol, classic. I got it!!!!!

Mines 8 with a bb 8530. She loves it!!!!!! I was gonna get her an itouch, but thought she deserved better lol. I can't get her off the thing lol.

08-29-10 08:50 PM
    I would never let my young child have a BB. I don't understand it and I don't think they need it. High school age for school and college......but a young child of 8 yrs old? I don't think it is necessary. But this is my opinion.
    08-30-10 12:18 AM
    I didn't think it was either, but it turns out to be safer in the end, I will tell you why......

On most phones with verizon, yes you can get a phone that can only call 2 people, I wanted the whole family, so I payed $15 for an app to where she can only call and receive from the contact list, and there's a password lock to add more, so she can't add friends.

She loves the blackberry form and function when playing games, and naturally I got tired of her asking me for my bb for that lol.

Now, I can feel comfy knowing she is never board where she goes, and I can always contact her if I feel something is a rye.

Now if there was an app to restrict sites on the bb, I'd be even happier!!!!!!!!

08-30-10 09:36 PM
    I don't get it.
    i thin he meant your own stick fings getting all over your phone lol

back on topic i dont think there should be an age limit to getting a BB just an IQ test...i work tech support and you would not believe or even begin to imagin the amout of people who just have calling or just have calling and sms on their BBs or even have all features but dont use them and jsut got it because "i told the rep to sell me the newest phone" and have no clue how to do anything and when something breaks its so complicated and frustrating to talk theise people threw simple simple things i mean if you know atleast how to somewhat use it then by all means get one but if you cant navigate a simple menue then get a dumb phone i mean people who saw the first phone ever get invented dont need to buy a BB just to make and recieve phone calls its just a headach for both parties...just my rant cute kid BTW
    09-02-10 09:27 PM
    I would never let my young child have a BB. I don't understand it and I don't think they need it. High school age for school and college......but a young child of 8 yrs old? I don't think it is necessary. But this is my opinion.
    Necessary? Definitely not, but we give our kids a lot of things that aren't necessary. As a matter of fact, most kids have more of what they don't need than what they do need.

But, I digress. It really depends on the kid. I have a 16 year old with no job or ambition and terrible graded, but he wants the best of everything. While he has a cell phone, it will remain a dumb phone until he can pay for a smartphone himself. I'd be more inclined to get a BB for my 12 year old. She at least works hard and gets good grades.

09-02-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD