Hey all -

Still looking for a decent Verizon phone that does not require data. I see the Samsung Intensity is being discontinued so glad I didn't pick it up!

Do you have recommendations for websites? I've looked at eBay but IMO, $140 for a new Env2 seems a little steep as the phone is at least 3 years old. I'd be willing to buy used if I knew there was going to be some guarantee of quality. Where do you buy your phones online from?
    07-16-10 11:33 AM
    almost all verizon phones require some form of data plan now(at least $10). including the envy2. in order to have absolutely no data plan you have to buy one of the most generic phones, which can be found on Verizons website.
    07-16-10 11:35 AM
    The env2 does not require a data plan, its one of the most recent phones that doesn't.

Also, just because a phone has been discontinued doesn't mean its not worth getting. Verizon will always support it if they sell it to you.
    07-16-10 11:47 AM
    And its not even 3 years old.
    07-16-10 12:04 PM
    2005 is a good place to look.
    07-16-10 01:26 PM
    My girlfriend is getting a new phone and she had the same requirement, no data. We had to do some shopping to find it, BUT we did find a cool new phone the Samsung Convoy, which is one of Verizon's rugged outdoor type phones, BUT it's not too bad looking either. It has a fair camera (2.0 MP), and all the normal bells and whistles a dumb phone should have, and includes media controls, and it does NOT require the 10 a month data plan.

Enter your location
    07-16-10 02:35 PM
    Wow, the Pantech Jest looks really nice for a non-data phone. FINALLY they give us a competent phone that doesn't require a data plan!

Is this thing looking at Droid Inc like delays or should they be coming in a little more quickly?
    07-16-10 04:05 PM
    Wow, the Pantech Jest looks really nice for a non-data phone. FINALLY they give us a competent phone that doesn't require a data plan!

Is this thing looking at Droid Inc like delays or should they be coming in a little more quickly?
    That Jest is going to be in the same category as the Blitz if anyone remembers that...no one will want it.
    07-16-10 05:04 PM
    There is a Samsung Intensity II coming out. It looks so much better than the original.
    07-16-10 10:03 PM
    That Jest is going to be in the same category as the Blitz if anyone remembers that...no one will want it.
    Well, remember that the Blitz was out at a time where you had more choice at VZW (and therefore other similar phones that beat it out)...now you only have the choice between 2-3 keyboard phones unless you give in to the forced data fee. So this is a nice option
    07-17-10 09:54 PM
    LG Cosmos doesn't require data and it is very comparable to the Samsung Intensity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 10:11 PM
    Samsung Convoy, I'm telling you that bad boy ROCKS for a regular phone!
    07-17-10 11:28 PM
    Samsung Intensity, LG Cosmos and Pantech Jest are all qwerty keyboard phones that do not require a data plan.
    07-21-10 11:29 AM
    You could always just go into a VZW store or Best Buy to buy a phone.
    07-21-10 01:03 PM
    Used Treo 700W.
    Can be used with a data plan. You can ask for a data block. (They will give it. It predates mandatory data plans).
    Has keyboard. Windows Mobile but works well.
    No BT voice dialing.

My 12 year old uses one.
    07-21-10 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD