Hi everyone,

I bought a Tour from another person last month and activated on my account via a phone swap. My question is how does the warranty play out? Do I have the 1yr warranty effective when I activated the phone on my account?...or do I just get whatever months are left on the warranty?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 10:25 PM
    I'm not positive, but I do not believe the warranty changes hands with the device...
    07-15-10 10:41 PM
    So it would just continue? Just asking so that if something happens I know if it will be under warranty or an assurion claim.

07-15-10 10:52 PM
    So it would just continue? Just asking so that if something happens I know if it will be under warranty or an assurion claim.
    NO, I do not believe the warranty will continue. Again, I am not positive as I do not swap out devices with others, but I believe that the warranty is only for the original owner/purchaser of the device.
    07-15-10 10:54 PM
    The warranty applies to the ORIGINAL OWNER. The warranty in not transferable.
    07-16-10 06:39 AM
    The one year warenty is from original date of purchase, i would buy the protection plan from sprint.
    07-16-10 07:51 AM
    Are you limited in a time frame to get the protection plan.....?
    07-16-10 07:53 AM
    Are you limited in a time frame to get the protection plan.....?
    VZW is 30days from the date of the original purchase. Again, I don't have a clue with Sprint but I'm sure they would have a similar policy, no?
    07-16-10 10:04 AM
    VZW is 30days from the date of the original purchase. Again, I don't have a clue with Sprint but I'm sure they would have a similar policy, no?
    30 days from activation or upgrade. http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/pdfs...oFINAL0706.pdf

However, it does not specify if it allows a second activation. In other words, if the phone was originally activated by somebody else, it does not say if another person could activate it and take insurance.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-16-10 at 10:12 AM.
    07-16-10 10:10 AM
    Well I sure wouldn't expect them to give you a full year's warranty on a used device. If they even did honor it, I'd imagine it started when the original buyer activated it.

I'd think you would be really lucky if they covered a used device at all. Even though the original buyer purchased it from them, but I could be mistaken and it never hurts to ask them.

07-16-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I already have TEP in place on my account. Not having any problems with the device...just wondering really if the warranty continues over to me.

Last edited by Mojary; 07-16-10 at 04:37 PM.
    07-16-10 04:33 PM
    What is "TEP?"
    07-16-10 04:43 PM
    What is "TEP?"
    I believe it is Total Equipment Protection.
    07-16-10 05:29 PM
    IMO warrant transfers as long as you have the original owner papers, but it s 1 year from date of purchase. I don't know about insurance. why don't you call them?
    07-17-10 12:33 AM
    I got a year old Tour from a friend who just got the EVO. My TEP coverage has worked with it. I got a replacement Tour for having a faulty exterior speaker. I actually asked two different times at the Sprint store if my TEP would cover the used tour and it was never an issue.
    07-18-10 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD