Hello,

Landlines always show a name of a company or individual if the individual/company has chosen to make their name public (in the yellow pages, white pages, etc.).

However, with all cell phones, including Blackberries, only numbers are shown if they are unblocked, never a name... unless that name is programmed into the phone.

I enjoy the convenience that landline caller ID offers because I often notice a company will have numbers that vary slightly. For example, I just programmed a certain company's number into my Blackberry, but when they called, because the number they used didn't match the BB Address Book entry, no name was shown, just the number.

I'm wondering if there's any way that caller ID, like on US landlines can be shown on cell phones, at least a Blackberry. Is there some software that could route information somehow. I would definitely buy that software for my Blackberry!

Thanks.
    Last edited by adrienqa66; 07-15-10 at 06:15 PM. Reason: renamed thread
    07-15-10 06:14 PM
    There is a software solution out there that my company used to tell our clients about. I am not exactly sure on the name but I can look for it and update this post. Do a search on Google and I am sure something will come up. The solution is not cheap by any means though but it did work pretty well.
    07-15-10 06:40 PM
    My $0.02,
    If the Name/Number is in already in your address book, then that name will be on display. Too bad cell phone CID doesn't work like landline. Soon there will be more cell phones than landlines, if it hasn't happened already. Why aren't better services available?
    07-15-10 06:49 PM
    I know! I agree that cell phones should have better caller ID and not just show names that are saved in the address book.

If there's any software, no matter what the price, I'd love to hear about it. Let me know if you find anything wocampb!
    07-15-10 06:53 PM
    There is an app called Mr. Number. It used to be SkyDeck, but they are now focusing on Caller ID. I don't use it (don't really have a need for it), but it may be worth checking out.
    07-15-10 07:06 PM
    @MBBlackberryLover

Thanks for the Mr. Number app info. It seems like it could be very useful. Unfortunately, my Blackberry doesn't have WIFI so I can't get the caller-ID benefit (until after the call is made) since this is supported on Verizon Wireless (my carrier) only if one has WIFI. But for many people, it may be worth checking out.

Mr. Number is available on Blackberry App World. I'd post the link, but I need 10 posts before I can have links in my posts here.

I welcome any more application suggestions, etc.!
    07-15-10 07:13 PM
    When this becomes readily available prices are going to be outrageous to further try to push out land line use.
    07-16-10 09:44 AM
    Rogers shows Full Caller ID on mobile phones. At least mine does. Anything in my address book shows as it's entered. Anything not in my address book shows in CAPS, full name and number
    07-16-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD