I got a upgrade message today on Bolt. Didn't see a change log, but I did the update. I believe it went from 2.10 to 2.11?
    07-15-10 09:42 AM
    I got the same update but don't know what it did yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 10:38 AM
    I got a upgrade message today on Bolt. Didn't see a change log, but I did the update. I believe it went from 2.10 to 2.11?
    I got the same update but don't know what it did yet.

Here's two quotes about the the 2.11 update.

"The team over at Bitstream and let me know that they�ve released a minor update for their BOLT Browser BlackBerry application. While the version number only jumps from 2.10 to 2.11, Bitstream is asking everyone to update:"

"The 2.11 release includes important updates that address server response times which eliminates the problem on some websites that has caused BOLT to hang at 20 percent on the progress bar, as well as improves Twitter use. Although there are no new features in this release, Bitstream strongly recommends all users update to this new version for an improved mobile browsing experience."
    07-15-10 02:42 PM
    The response time is much better. A minor but welcome upgrade.
    07-15-10 03:34 PM
    I don't see a difference in response time.
    07-16-10 12:35 PM
    Wow! Much faster now! Also, there was a list in a table I couldn't access before but now I can!

07-16-10 12:38 PM
    I hope this fixes the "hanging" at 20% like it is supposed to! I downloaded the update this morning and installed but haven't messed with it much. I have always hated the 20% lag.
    07-16-10 12:47 PM
    It's a tad faster, but only a tad.
    07-16-10 12:55 PM
    My Bolt still hangs at 20% and i didn't notice a speed change.

07-16-10 01:04 PM
    I really wanted this to work. Lol. I'm going to give my update a go here in a couple of minutes...
    07-16-10 01:11 PM
    I just upgraded & it is very fast so far. I haven't got the hang up at 20% yet. Looking good for now.
    07-16-10 03:30 PM

Mine still stalled a few times at 20% after the upgrade. Not as much as before, but it's still happens.
    07-16-10 05:46 PM
    Mine still stalled a few times at 20% after the upgrade. Not as much as before, but it's still happens.

+1 here. I finally got around to restarting the device after installing the update. I am still getting the stalling/hanging around 20% but it does seem to be a bit better.
    07-16-10 05:53 PM
    I guess I'll wait until they get it right.
    07-16-10 06:02 PM
    I got the stalling a few times but my biggest problem on my 9520 is that is seems to hang often and my timer icon appears for a good 10 seconds.

Bolt is most probably the best web browse for the BB.

A shame it doesn't utilise the click screen on the storm. I get a bit annoyed with the double clicking.

Apart from that its awesome.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-16-10 06:33 PM
    Has anyone notices a Memory leak with this version of Bolt. I used to be able to go 2 to 3 days before my app memory would go below 10 mb (my max is around 25). Since I upgraded to the new Bolt my app memory drops below 10 mb after less than a day. Nothing else changed on my Bold (no new apps or themes).

07-16-10 07:49 PM
    Has anyone notices a Memory leak with this version of Bolt. I used to be able to go 2 to 3 days before my app memory would go below 10 mb (my max is around 25). Since I upgraded to the new Bolt my app memory drops below 10 mb after less than a day. Nothing else changed on my Bold (no new apps or themes).
    I have noticed a bit of an increase but not that radical of a spike! Eeek!
    07-16-10 09:30 PM

Did you battery pull after the upgrade ? might be a good idea...

I noticed a very very small increase in speed, but every little bit counts. I have the bolt launcher installed on my phone, so I can quickly open links off of twitter or emails. I have to give one thing to Bolt, it ain't a pretty browser, but it is EASILY the most capable browser available for the blackberry (by this I mean its ability to FULLY render the largest and most complicated webpages out there.)
    07-16-10 10:40 PM
    It isn't the prettiest I agree.

It has fonts but there only seems to be 1 and cannot seem to install properly.

The look could do with a revamp.

Ugly but effective, a but like me.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-17-10 08:24 AM
    Did you battery pull after the upgrade ? might be a good idea...

I noticed a very very small increase in speed, but every little bit counts. I have the bolt launcher installed on my phone, so I can quickly open links off of twitter or emails. I have to give one thing to Bolt, it ain't a pretty browser, but it is EASILY the most capable browser available for the blackberry (by this I mean its ability to FULLY render the largest and most complicated webpages out there.)
    Yes, plenty of battery pulls and it did not help. I hvae had it uninstalled for 12 hours now and my memory has only dropped 2 mb.

07-17-10 08:48 AM
    I need the link for the 2.10 version. Noticed when I upgraded and on facebook when I click share button it opens above comment bx for the post above what I'm sharing. Can someone plase let me know here to find the link ? And yes I got in touch with bolt and the link they sent was for 1.6 and they said it was 2.10 so it won't load on my 9700 bold. Thanks and yes I searched the forums and couldn't find it.

07-19-10 03:23 PM
    I need the link for the 2.10 version. Noticed when I upgraded and on facebook when I click share button it opens above comment bx for the post above what I'm sharing. Can someone plase let me know here to find the link ? And yes I got in touch with bolt and the link they sent was for 1.6 and they said it was 2.10 so it won't load on my 9700 bold. Thanks and yes I searched the forums and couldn't find it.
    I have an old BOLT .cod from a BBSAK backup. Do you have BBSAK or some other way of adding the .cod? PM me and I'll send it over.
    07-19-10 03:59 PM
    I hope it can be done ota like everything here on crackberry. I don't have a computer

07-19-10 04:35 PM
    I hope it can be done ota like everything here on crackberry. I don't have a computer.
    I only know how to move it over with BBSAK... Sorry mate, I don't know if there is an active JAD with that version still up or not.
    07-19-10 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD