sorry, dunno if this is ok or not but lyr has a new hybrid up....... .794
    07-14-10 08:17 PM
    07-14-10 10:41 PM
    Lyr. What websites do I need to be a member of to get all the goods out of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 10:56 PM
    Lyr. What websites do I need to be a member of to get all the goods out of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    None lol
    This is the one for everybody
    But I post at/co-own BBHybrids.net
    07-14-10 11:12 PM
    So what can we expect out of this one? I just got the .758 installed...

Scott
    07-14-10 11:58 PM
    i have been running it for a couple hours now and everything seems snappy. Someone will have to comment on the browser before i dont surf the web. Only problem is my memory drops like a son of a gun now and i think its probably one of the apps i have thats leaking.
    im running 22 apps, but none of them are up right now...so its kind of odd because it did the same on the 758v2 and it didnt before...im probably going to delete a few that i dont use so yeah. Other than that...i love...plus...WAY MORE 6.0 FILES
    07-15-10 01:15 AM
    Just loaded this one last night so no comment on memory or battery leak rates. The browser is much quicker, doesn't get stuck "requesting" like 758 did. Initial memory was 6mb higher than 758 but I only have a couple reboots done so far. Thanks Lyr for keeping my S1 going until I can (hopefully) get an S3!
    07-15-10 08:52 AM
    Is this for .419 or .591? Storm 1?

Loaded and shrunk it over .419

Time to light this candle.
    Last edited by bizhar; 07-15-10 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Duh!
    07-15-10 05:23 PM
    When trying to run the exe file, it wants to dump the files into a directory that has a 685 base...is this correct? Shouldn't it want to insert files into the 591 directory?
    I never installed the 685 hybrid.
    Please advise!

Thanks
    07-15-10 10:22 PM
    When trying to run the exe file, it wants to dump the files into a directory that has a 685 base...is this correct? Shouldn't it want to insert files into the 591 directory?
    I never installed the 685 hybrid.
    Please advise!

Thanks
    ..ive got the same issue and when i changed the directory to .591 then use apploader it says the files are older, that im basically downgrading.
    07-15-10 10:29 PM
    ..ive got the same issue and when i changed the directory to .591 then use apploader it says the files are older, that im basically downgrading.
    That's EXACTLY the same message I get. Now What?
    07-15-10 11:18 PM
    Its probably because you guys still have .685 in your shared loader files....c:->program files->common files->research in motion->shared and there you will see what os's you still have....delete the .685 and then reinstall .591. If it still comes up, just use the same way to navigate to the directory and you guys should be set
    07-16-10 12:50 AM
    Its probably because you guys still have .685 in your shared loader files....c:->program files->common files->research in motion->shared and there you will see what os's you still have....delete the .685 and then reinstall .591. If it still comes up, just use the same way to navigate to the directory and you guys should be set
    I never loaded .685 It is not showing up in the directory...only .591 shows up. Open to additional suggestions.
    07-16-10 01:07 AM
    I never loaded .685 It is not showing up in the directory...only .591 shows up. Open to additional suggestions.
    Same here I've never had .685 on this laptop. I'm still going to transfer everything and load it over .591. I wanted to see what it did so I let it create the directory for now.
    07-16-10 01:32 AM
    just use the above when prompted to install the hybrid onto the directory. you'll be able to find the 591 you installed the exact same way
    07-16-10 02:41 AM
    I've been running this for a week now and it's the best yet. Browser is quick and all apps are working as they should. Definitely recommend installing this. After reading the posts above make sure you go to control panel and remove any builds other than the OS you are installing .794 over.
    07-16-10 06:23 AM
    Just installed so not too many comments yet... the only one I have is about Facebook. Looks like it installed the Beta 1.8 and now it is asking me for a Key Code. How do we get around this?
    07-16-10 03:13 PM
    My 9530 Storm still does not record the sound loud enough when taking a video picture. I have to put my ear right next to the speaker to hear anything. This has happened ever since I first installed the official OS 5.0.0.328. Today, I did the .794 upgrade from the .428 hybrid I had on my phone for quite awhile. First I installed the .591 hybrid then the .794 files over it.

I was hoping the video camera sound would be corrected, but it was not. All other volume levels seem to be working okay. I know others have posted about the video record volume being very low. Has anyone found a fix fort this?

Everything else seems to be working okay other than my internet download speeds seem to slower today. But, that may just be the network(Verizon) in my area having troubles.
    Last edited by coolbikeman; 07-17-10 at 05:14 PM.
    07-16-10 05:20 PM
    Have you tried transferring the file to another device (PC maybe?) to see if the problem is in the file or in the device? I found I have to have my volume set to Loud (speaker icon in the upper left corner of the screen) and have to adjust the volume in the player to get it loud enough. I haven't had problems with playback on a PC.

Anyway, just a thought...

Scott
    07-16-10 11:34 PM
    Picked up 4MB after the first battery pull compared to 758v2. Boot time seems about the same at 4 minutes to get the the Verizon splash screen and another minute to get to the login. On the second battery pull I lost 1Mb.
    07-17-10 03:13 PM
    I tried your suggestions, but nothing helped my Storm. Not even when I played a video from my phone on my PC. Oh, well, my contract will be up in December. Unless there is a really impressive Blackberry Storm 3 or 4 about that time, I think I may not try Blackberry again. The Storm was my first one and I have pretty much given up on getting it to work as well as any of the other brands available. Thanks for your help.

Have you tried transferring the file to another device (PC maybe?) to see if the problem is in the file or in the device? I found I have to have my volume set to Loud (speaker icon in the upper left corner of the screen) and have to adjust the volume in the player to get it loud enough. I haven't had problems with playback on a PC.

Anyway, just a thought...

Scott
    07-17-10 05:20 PM
    I am not very technically advanced as far as cell phones go and computer programing, so, don't take this as an insult, because I know the people that try to improve the OS's must really know what they are doing to even mess with changing them. I just have not found anything that looks any different with this hybrid update compared to the 5.0.0.328 or 5.0.0.428 I was using previously. I do notice that the Quick pull included in the .794 hybrid works as it should unlike the previous version I had. Other than that I can't tell any difference. Just my observation though.
    07-18-10 12:19 PM
    Picked up 4MB after the first battery pull compared to 758v2. Boot time seems about the same at 4 minutes to get the the Verizon splash screen and another minute to get to the login. On the second battery pull I lost 1Mb.
    Good news- I gained about 8mg of memory. Everything is fast and smooth.

Bad news- I have to sign into message boards now each time, instead of my information being saved and recognized (I've seen other users with this problem as well). Anybody got any suggestions?
    07-18-10 11:03 PM
    Two days now and memory is +/- about 500Kb. Stable memory and battery looks like it will easily last 2+ days.
    07-19-10 10:59 AM
    I don't know if i got a different version but, this is the best battery life and stable memory started out pretty much the same as lyc hybrid .758 high thirty Mb but the strange thing happened after four days and some hours i have only drop in memory to 21.6 from 37.6 battery life has also improved. First full charge lasted a full twenty four hour with medium use 3-4 hour net, 40- 50 email work day, download some anime , and with that thanks for all those take the time for us forgotten S1 owners that keep the faith that rim will kick a** on the S3 0r S4 which comes out first LOL
    07-21-10 10:43 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD