Hi, cansomeone help me? I have the new relese of the 5.0 os installed on my computer but how do I load it on my blackbbery? I deleted the vendor.xml file but wheb I load the loader.exe in the apploader folder it tell me all the apps that I have on my phone! And I don't see any thing to add and replace the old os with the new one! Please help!
    07-14-10 05:13 PM
    I find that bricking the phone first is a lot cleaner. You can look for a program called Blackberry Swiss Army knife. It is great little program. Make sure you do a complete back of your Berry in BB Desktop Man before you brick your Berry.
    07-14-10 06:02 PM
    Personally, I back up with DM, and then do a reset to factory with JLCommander, found here on Crackberry.com. I then use apploader as you tried, and all works good! Upgraded my 9000 to .681 no problems and all works well.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-14-10 06:23 PM
    First go to the PC programs>common files>research in motion> shared > delete all the 'loader files' (these are the old OS on the computer)

Follow these instructions EXACTLY

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...mobile-471197/
    07-14-10 08:43 PM
    Ok I will try tht. By the way I uninstalled all balckberry sofeware on my computer and replaced it back again. I also installed the 5.0 os too. But I get the same stuff. I load the loader.exe from my hard drive and it gives me a list of apps but there isn't anywhere that says any thing about os. Any help would be appreiciated!
    07-15-10 04:24 PM
    there isn't anywhere that says any thing about os. Any help would be appreciated!
    Don't worry about that.
    The upgrade program will
    backup your files,
    do a wipe,
    install the OS,
    re-install the backup files.
    That's it!
    07-15-10 07:19 PM
    ok i am still confused cause thats not what i am getting, instead it gives me a list of apps and that it. I have i pic attached to this message> can some one plz help

is it better to just use the blackberry desktop manager?

btw i will list out steps taken.

1. install 5.0 and delete vendor.xml file
    2. connect bb and run loader.exe
    3.it scans me device and then tells me what apps i have
    4. the are all check marked from defult (but it doesnt say any where to install os. Do i just click next and then go to advance)

also you had told me to delete PC programs>common files>research in motion> shared > delete all the 'loader files' well i only have one which is the new one.

ahh blackberry should make this more easy!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-15-10 at 08:11 PM.
    07-15-10 08:02 PM
    >> Do i just click next

Yes, click 'next"
    07-15-10 09:51 PM
    I thinlk after lots of research tht my problem is tht at the moment I do not have a blackberry subscription. So this is why I guess tht I can't install os 5. So if I use jl-cmdr or what ever to COMPLETLY wipe my phone with no os or anything on it and then use the loader.exe will it FOR SURE work( someone told me tht it will have no choice but install the new os because there is none on it). I just want to make sure before I wipe it with the comdr program before I screw up my phone forever. Thanks for all the help

08-07-11 03:49 PM
    can anyone verify this?

08-07-11 05:30 PM
    Off course you have to wipe your bb before you install any os if you do not, never you can upgrade it.
    If you wait till tomorrow I will post a new delfteo v6.5 os here that works great.
    All steps are in the installer after you install my os BBSAK will popsup to let you wipe your bb and the installer will popsup to let you install my os so don't worry follow the steps and the install do the rest for you.

Enjoy DelftEo

ghce likes this.
    08-07-11 09:11 PM
    Thanks a lot for all the answers

08-08-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD