Something we all knew was coming,but telus makes it official.

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories
    07-14-10 05:08 PM
    I'm stoked!

Here's to hoping that it isn't locked down like the Moto Milestone. I've been thinking of the BB ship, but I'd need the right phone to do it. The HTC Desire is one of them!
    07-15-10 10:17 AM
    Tech radar picks the Desire as the best smartphone out right now......
    20 best mobile phones in the world today | News | TechRadar UK
    07-15-10 11:32 AM
    And it also seems that the Desire is going to ship with SLCD instead of the originally spec'd AMOLED display, due to manufacturing shortages and hogging by Samsung (according to Engadget):
    SLCD-equipped HTC Desire 'coming soon' to Telus -- Engadget
    07-15-10 06:21 PM
    Yes, the desire not shipping with the amoled could be a dealbreaker for some.
    Here is a good comparison link between amoled, super amoled and lcd.

Xperia X10’s LCD versus AMOLED and Super AMOLED in direct sunlight | Xperia X10 Blog
    07-15-10 07:30 PM
    This is possibly my next one...comes with android 2.1 I think ?
    07-23-10 01:33 PM
    Yes it comes with 2.1 and its getting 2.2 in the near future according to a Telus rep. Rumored release date is Aug 5th.
    07-23-10 03:31 PM
    Yes it comes with 2.1 and its getting 2.2 in the near future according to a Telus rep. Rumored release date is Aug 5th.
    Four days before my birthday!!

This can't be a co-incidence!

It's destiny!
    07-23-10 05:11 PM
    Here is a guy from telus talking about the desire.....it sure is a sweet looking phone.
    07-23-10 09:02 PM
    Yes, the desire not shipping with the amoled could be a dealbreaker for some.
    Here is a good comparison link between amoled, super amoled and lcd.

Xperia X10’s LCD versus AMOLED and Super AMOLED in direct sunlight | Xperia X10 Blog
    AMOLED is very cool technology and looks best in bright environments like sunlight, LCD is terrible in sunlight but looks to be just fine in the dark like the AMOLED one. That Sony one is pretty bad altogether (don't like Sony anyways).

I'm considering the Desire myself, in terms of phone selection outside of BlackBerry, Telus is pretty slim.
    07-26-10 10:51 AM
    I think there will be quite a few people jumping ship from rogers and bell over to telus for the Desire.I know i am ready to give the desire a try after owning a storm for almost 2 years.
    07-26-10 01:23 PM
    I think there will be quite a few people jumping ship from rogers and bell over to telus for the Desire.I know i am ready to give the desire a try after owning a storm for almost 2 years.
    I was thinking the same thing but i need my BB contacts! :P
    07-26-10 06:49 PM
    Is the loss of AMOLED a deal breaker? The one benefit of the SLCD is better battery life. Pros and cons...
    07-27-10 09:41 AM
    The loss of Amoled will not be a deal breaker for me and if the no contract price is true it won't be a deal breaker for too many others.
    Walmart shows TELUS HTC Desire no-contract priced right at $448.83 | MobileSyrup.com
    07-27-10 03:37 PM
    The loss of Amoled will not be a deal breaker for me and if the no contract price is true it won't be a deal breaker for too many others.
    Walmart shows TELUS HTC Desire no-contract priced right at $448.83 | MobileSyrup.com
    Yeah, I saw that earlier today. Very reasonable price for no-contract
    07-27-10 03:52 PM
    Wow, THAT I can actually afford, not sure how the upgrade will look when it comes up, hopefully I can still get the phone no contract that way.
    07-27-10 04:28 PM
    On Friday, people can line up for their $750 dollar iphone's and hopefully the following week the Desire will be out selling for $450.Would be nice to see telus drop a better smartphone plan to counter Bell's rumored 6 gig for $30 dollar iphone plan.
    Last edited by zeliig; 07-27-10 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-27-10 04:35 PM
    450$ only (without contract ?) for Desire, is it true ?
    07-28-10 08:09 AM
    Scroll up and click on the "walmart shows Telus htc" link and you will see the article about the desire being $450.....hopefully it is true.
    07-28-10 11:24 AM
    Just heard that Android 2.2 is available for the Milestone and the Milestone is very closely identical to the Desire in many ways except with a slightly slower CPU and less ram however watching some comparison videos the Desire falls behind in video playback.

This has me thinking, especially that the Milestone has a physical keyboard as well which comes in handy in some cases. This is going to be a tough decision, guess I'm going to have to force the Telus guys to give me a working model of each to play with for myself to see.
    07-28-10 12:30 PM
    I'm going with the desire, I really like that sense ui and I'm pretty sure the desire has the specs to run 3.0
    07-28-10 01:48 PM
    Any word on a solid release date?? Went into a Telus store today and they have no clue. Latest internet buzz say anywhere from Aug. 4-22. I've been waiting for this phone for months!! I need it ASAP...my s1 is just not cutting it anymore. 5-10 bat pulls required daily and 5min to boot-up! Argh!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 12:04 AM
    I have read anywhere from the 5th to the 18th for the release date,hopefully it will not be any later than the 18th.They need to get it out soon or people wll be jumping over to bell on aug 6th to get the samsung galaxy vibrant.
    08-04-10 05:31 AM
    I'm almost considering the galaxy S vibrant....since it was officially announced at $499 no contract. Played with a demo and it was quite impressive. Hopefully the Desire arrives later today.....fingers crossed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 12:24 AM
    Yes i also played with the galaxy vibrant yesterday and the super amoled display on it is Incredible.I think its going to be a tough decision for a lot of people deciding between the desire and galaxy vibrant.
    08-05-10 05:35 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD