Are you aware no longer 50 and 100 bucks on upgrade pricing
    My upgrade in March will only give 30.00 rebate towards phone
    They said new pricing was effective 6 months ago. I was never told
    First the ETF is increased and now this deduction on upgrade promotional pricing. What will be next ? I have always had 100 rebate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 11:38 PM
    It was actually made earlier in the year, last year, around February or March, but they allowed users who had a NE2 coming later that year to get the old plan. So that any phone you bought after a given date was subject to the new NE2.

As for the new discounts, they don't really motivate me to wait if I had a device I could move to today. If you use the "My Verizon" online account, you can get the annual upgrade option to upgrade your phone after 12 months for a $20 processing fee plus the promotional pricing of the phone. Unfortuantely, that's only through Verizon. No major discounted pricing like you find at online retailers.

The NE2 is a nice discount, but now it basically covers the accessories you need for the new phone. Unless you buy an older model at a sharp discount at an online retailer or even in the store. Then the discount may cover the upgrade.

Oh, and what's next? Good bye unlimited data plan!! I heard a Verizon salesman telling a prospective client that Verizon is going to the 2GB limit and incremental limit pricing that ATT has. I sure hope not, but he did mention Blackberries would get it too.
    07-14-10 03:45 AM
    It was actually made earlier in the year, last year, around February or March, but they allowed users who had a NE2 coming later that year to get the old plan. So that any phone you bought after a given date was subject to the new NE2.

As for the new discounts, they don't really motivate me to wait if I had a device I could move to today. If you use the "My Verizon" online account, you can get the annual upgrade option to upgrade your phone after 12 months for a $20 processing fee plus the promotional pricing of the phone. Unfortuantely, that's only through Verizon. No major discounted pricing like you find at online retailers.

The NE2 is a nice discount, but now it basically covers the accessories you need for the new phone. Unless you buy an older model at a sharp discount at an online retailer or even in the store. Then the discount may cover the upgrade.

Oh, and what's next? Good bye unlimited data plan!! I heard a Verizon salesman telling a prospective client that Verizon is going to the 2GB limit and incremental limit pricing that ATT has. I sure hope not, but he did mention Blackberries would get it too.
    I am pretty sure that even if that happens it would only apply to new customers. Old customers with the $29.99 Unlimited Plan would have that plan grandfathered over. I am pretty sure that that is what will happen.
    07-14-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD