Any opinions on BerryReader by Bellshare, is it worth the money?
    07-13-10 04:54 PM
    $9.99? No way. $4.99? Possibly. Worth subscribing to their Twitter feed to grab a free coupon? Most definitely.

Its so far the best Google reader client I've used. Its got a few little annoyances, but I'm sure it'll get better. But the thing about any paid RSS reader is that you're basically paying for better delivery and presentation of content that's freely available elsewhere.
    BerryReader so far does the best job and has the best presentation of any app I've used. But even at $4.99, I'd be happy with using the google reader site instead.
    But, IMHO its better than Unread, Arr!ss, or any other reader. Get the free trial and see for yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 05:34 PM
    Give it a couple revisions. It's going to end up being the best, but right now it's got some bugs.
    07-13-10 05:35 PM
    I won a copy of it, it's a darn good rss reader and they're working on updates and adding features as we speak. The $5 sale price is a little steep imo, but not too bad; I would probably buy it for $5, but not $10 once it goes off the sale it's on now. Bellshare really doesn't have a bad app, and their support is excellent.

07-13-10 05:38 PM
    i used the code "berryreader50", not sure if it's still valid
    07-13-10 08:43 PM
    I wish it would allow me to share my RSS feeds to Facebook and Twitter.
    I'm able to do this with Viigo, Snaptu, Google Reader account using my PC, and Google Reader account using the Bolt Browser in Dekstop mode.

I'm hoping that BerryReader will add this feature in future updates.
    07-15-10 04:41 PM
    They will probably add the other social network feeds to it soon. I really like it and I think it may be better than the Blackberry RSS that's previewed on OS6

07-15-10 04:49 PM
    I like it .. worth it to me .. !
    07-15-10 04:55 PM
    I wish it would allow me to share my RSS feeds to Facebook and Twitter.
    I'm able to do this with Viigo, Snaptu, Google Reader account using my PC, and Google Reader account using the Bolt Browser in Dekstop mode.

I'm hoping that BerryReader will add this feature in future updates.
    Twitter (and later Facebook) is definitely on our BerryReader feature list for the near future.
    07-15-10 04:56 PM
    Twitter (and later Facebook) is definitely on our BerryReader feature list for the near future.
    The ability to download more than 75 articles would be good too.

Great APP.
    07-15-10 09:01 PM
    I love the app. If you have a Storm and if you have seen the OS6 videos you will notice that in OS6 you can bring up a pop-up menu by holding your finger on an item. You can do this with BerryReader! But overall, it is awesome. Here is a screenshot of the pop-up contextual menu.

07-15-10 09:34 PM
    I would not pay for it...there are a lot of great free RSS readers out there!
    07-16-10 12:32 PM
    Well worth having! Bellshare knows how to do apps. If you want the best get BerryReader. There are free weather apps out there too, but we all know if you want the best weather app, you get BerryWeather from Bellshare! Now the same can be said for RSS feed reader.

EDIT: We should twist pfluger arm, and try to talk him in to reaching out to Adam, Bla1ze or Kevin about a front page contest and a bunch of free apps! (and maybe 50% off for a short while for the rest of us?????) Front page would generate a bunch of sales I bet.

EDIT2: Please disregard everything I just said! I WAS just blogged on 7/9 by Adam and it WAS on sale for 50% off. I'm always a day late and a dollar short!

BerryReader for BlackBerry now available - Google Reader client with loads of features - 50% off through Sunday! | CrackBerry.com

Sadly the sale ended this past Sunday, BUT try for those twitter coupons, the other guy mentioned. The program is WELL worth it, or even pay the 10 bucks you won't regret it. (Keep checking the CB deal of the day too, it might show up there one of these days)
    07-16-10 01:54 PM
    Dear all,
    For those that have been using Berryreader, Can you get it to show articles by folder like it advertised ?

I have bought the program, but for the life of me cannot get it to show folders view.
    all i got from the drop down was All Items, starred Items and Shared Items.

I am attaching both views here for comparison.
    Anyone can help will be much appreciated.
    09-14-10 01:28 AM
    Dear all,
    For those that have been using Berryreader, Can you get it to show articles by folder like it advertised ?

I have bought the program, but for the life of me cannot get it to show folders view.
    all i got from the drop down was All Items, starred Items and Shared Items.

I am attaching both views here for comparison.
    Anyone can help will be much appreciated.
    I've not encountered this problem. Mine shows feeds and folders just fine. I imagine you tried a battery pull and reinstall?

If it continues, drop a line to Bellshare support.
    09-14-10 02:40 PM
    If you are having a problem with the program not showing folders, you should try the following:

When you click the drop down thing to show all of your feeds, make sure you give it a few seconds to load your feeds and folders...

If you still have problems, there is a public beta (just released) that fixes some bugs at: www.bellshare.com • View topic - BerryReader 1.1 Public Beta
    09-14-10 02:55 PM
    Hello sf18443,
    already tried as you suggested, but no luck.
    any other suggestion is most welcome.
    09-15-10 04:59 AM
    Hello sf18443,
    already tried as you suggested, but no luck.
    any other suggestion is most welcome.
    Contact Bellshare.

09-15-10 06:59 AM
    already contact them. I'll keep you guys posted on what's the outcome.

Thanks all
    09-15-10 08:28 AM
    Got a response from Bellshare and they updated the beta to 1.1.09 and the folders are all visible now.

Latest beta can be found on their support form.
    09-16-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD