Well. This is S2 number 4 not to mention I went through 3 S1s. Frustrating. Thinking about paying the "ETF and call it a day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 01:59 AM
    what kinds of problems have you been having? I had my S2 replaced shortly after purchase because of a bad speaker, but the replacement I've had for almost 5 months has been fine. My wife's original S2 is still doing great.
    07-13-10 02:17 AM
    I just posted mines under the Curve 2 section. I'm also going on number 4 with my 8530 and I've about had it. I feel VZ should upgrade me to a Bold. I brought the device when it was one hundred and twenty nine bucks so I don't want to hear that it's now 29 bucks so I can pick something that's along that price range; WTF; the flip Pearl? I'm on an employee account and I do receive 50 percent off my service but still, I want the device to work as advertised. I'm so ticked I don't know what to do. Every device has had the same issue; it's good for a month or two or three then out of the blue, it starts to get ready hot and then within an hour, it's dead. Three devices, same problem? It's a defect. Is VZW going to try to make me happy? I don't think so.
    07-13-10 02:50 AM
    Do you have Asurion, or is this a warranty replacement?

I got a refurbished S1 that was defective and wouldn't retain anything -- apps, address book, calendar, email, theme settings, etc. -- after a battery pull. A soft reset with MeterBerry would preserve the settings, but anything I did after that would still be lost in a battery pull.

When I called about the defective refurb, I mentioned to the Asurion rep that I was holding onto the S1 in hopes there would be a new S3 in the next few months. The next day, the UPS driver brought a brand new S2, and they threw in a car charger & holster, too.
    07-13-10 06:00 PM
    I'm on number 19. Keeps getting finger prints all over it. What a POS.
    07-13-10 07:19 PM
    +1. People who are on 4 replacements should probably stop using their phone as a frisbie, and have reasonable expectations of what the phone does and its capabilites. or just go back to a nokia or get a Razr?
    07-13-10 07:40 PM
    Try pouring hot wax all over it, but DON'T get it in the cracks ... I had to send in my first 13 because of the wax issue, but my latest one took the wax perfectly!!

To OP, what is the issue? Lots of people were having the button issue, but after the "recall/rebatch/updated OS" there are almost no threads about that anymore (not saying your issue isn't legit, just curious)
    Last edited by spyderman09; 07-13-10 at 07:52 PM.
    07-13-10 07:48 PM
    Try pouring hot wax all over it, but DON'T get it in the cracks ... I had to send in my first 13 because of the wax issue, but my latest one took the wax perfectly!!

To OP, what is the issue? Lots of people were having the button issue, but after the "recall/rebatch/updated OS" there are almost no threads about that anymore (not saying your issue isn't legit, just curious)
    I have a friend that sent back 2 S1's because he "heard" there were all these problems with the S1 and his had some problems. When he got his 3rd he called me up swearing because this one DOES THE SAME THING! When I asked him what the problem was he said everytime a call came in, HIS MUSIC STOPPED PLAYING!

I made sure he now understands what a moron he is.

And BTW he cracked the glass on the last one and didn't have insurance so he's just been living with it. I was thrilled when I got my new 9550 Storm 2 and was bragging about the added memory, wifi etc. etc. Mentioned he should upgrade as soon as possible and he told me he did. I look down on the table, he has the same cracked screen S1 he always had, so I asked him if he didn't get it switched yet. He told me yes he switched it, just took his in and had it upgraded with the S2 innards! I thought I was going to die laughing.

sigh....I need a MUCH better class of friends.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 07-13-10 at 08:16 PM.
    07-13-10 08:07 PM
    looks like i am super lucky to still be on my 1st one and only storm2.
    07-14-10 03:01 AM
    Still on my first Storm 2 after 5 Storm 1's. Lovin' the Storm 2. Don't plan to upgrade until (if) a Storm 3 comes along....
    07-14-10 07:47 AM
    Why do you have to get so many replacement fones? I've never needed a replacement for any fone.
    07-14-10 09:08 AM
    Why do you have to get so many replacement fones? I've never needed a replacement for any fone.
    That's kind of the point of some of the sarcasm out here. Most of the issues for people going through that many are "user" related/caused, or from someone who just doesn't completely understand the device.
    07-14-10 09:55 AM
    I'm a double naught spy so fingerprints are no issue for me.
    07-14-10 10:26 AM
    My sister, who has an Android phone on Verizon (it doesn't really matter which one), was complaining to me about a month or so ago that her phone was "messed up", and asked me if I thought she should try to take it to the store and try for a replacement.

Me: "What's wrong with it?"
    Her: "It keeps locking up and I have to reboot it!"
    Me: "how often does this happen?"
    Her: "Once or twice a month!!!" (I was expecting her to say "once or twice a day").

I told her not to waste her time, and that having to reboot a complex device such as her smart phone once or twice a month really wasn't that big of a deal (or out of the ordinary), especially since it always worked just fine after a reset. In her defense, her previous phone was just a standard LG dumbphone, so she wasn't used to having to do this, but still... (FYI, she's just fine with it now, I think she was just worried she got a "lemon").
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 07-14-10 at 12:47 PM.
    07-14-10 12:12 PM
    Lock up and must reboot once or twice a month? My storm2 will ONLY reboot if I press the reboot button, else it can forget about rebooting, not forget that it never get lock up.

I thought that's a latest tech phone than storm2. If can change make replacement better do it now b4 she got to reboot daily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-14-10 at 12:48 PM.
    07-14-10 12:44 PM
    sounds like you have a fingerprint app running in the background that's causing your issues. I don't think you know how to configure your device
    07-14-10 12:58 PM
    sounds like you have a fingerprint app running in the background that's causing your issues. I don't think you know how to configure your device

10 chars
    07-14-10 01:10 PM
    I had to replace my S2 8 times! So many issues with this phone. No, I DIDN'T use it as a Frisbee. It just saw the normal day to day wear that any phone is going to see. I have had multiple problems, ranging from the speaker not working, the head phone jack not working, dust getting underneath the screen, the bottom keys locking up (even after the OS updates!), the phone RANDOMLY REBOOTING itself, and a host of other issues.

But the S2 is only the 2nd worst phone that RIM has ever made. The original Storm retains the title of the biggest FRACKUP from RIM.
    07-14-10 01:51 PM
    WOW! I've had my S2 for 7 months and I've had NO issues..........and I've dropped it on concrete TWICE......and there is NO replacements from Verizon for me as I bought this unlocked on AT&Ts network.
    07-14-10 02:44 PM
    I had to replace my S2 8 times! So many issues with this phone. No, I DIDN'T use it as a Frisbee. It just saw the normal day to day wear that any phone is going to see. I have had multiple problems, ranging from the speaker not working, the head phone jack not working, dust getting underneath the screen, the bottom keys locking up (even after the OS updates!), the phone RANDOMLY REBOOTING itself, and a host of other issues.

But the S2 is only the 2nd worst phone that RIM has ever made. The original Storm retains the title of the biggest ****** from RIM.
    Easy on the language there, Scooter

I've had both S1 and S2, zero replacements
    07-14-10 03:02 PM
    Easy on the language there, Scooter

I've had both S1 and S2, zero replacements
    You must be content with mediocrity, I guess. I am NOT.
    07-14-10 03:23 PM
    The speaker went on my brand new S2 two months after owning one. Replacement one seems fine and my wife's S2 has had no problems
    07-14-10 03:26 PM
    I had to replace my S2 8 times!
    Noted!

S1 = Countless times.
    S2 = 8 times.
    Droid incredible = 0

Post edited due mistaken droid lord "xxx1" for another droid lord "xxx1".
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-15-10 at 12:04 AM.
    07-14-10 03:37 PM
    Noted!

S1 = Countless times.
    S2 = 8 times.
    Droid incredible = 1 time.
    First of all, your English sucks. Second of all, I am on my first Droid. So where did you get that I needed to replace my Droid Incredible?

Learn to read, you illiterate ####head.
    07-14-10 03:41 PM
    You must be content with mediocrity, I guess. I am NOT.
    More like I didn't have to it return because I couldn't figure it out
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-14-10 at 04:24 PM.
    07-14-10 04:16 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD