So i talked to VZW today and got fact about the Droid X.....

1) The supervisor does not think the droid x will be available online @ 12:00:01 EST on Thursday morning...the servers will have to catch up and it be later in the morning...
    2) INVENTORY SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE ON DAY ONE of the sale.....i know for a fact that the Knoxville warehouse has AT LEAST 100,000 X's in stock (as of 7/12)
    3) I also found out a wonderful thing called an alternate upgrade?...i can use my moms upgrade and get $100 off!!! So it will be on sale on VZW website for 199 and i will be able to use her upgrade to get it for $99! yay!!!

I CANT FREAKING WAIT TILL FRIDAY WHEN I GET MY X!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-12-10 06:44 PM
    Good, facts!!!
    07-12-10 07:04 PM
    Rep at store told me they will get phones again on the 19th. Of course he sells the phones....so it's probably a case of tell me what I want to hear. Will order online to get the instant rebate.
    07-12-10 07:15 PM
    yes. i do believe VZW is doing everything possible to make sure they dont run out like the htc...we shall see what happens...
    07-12-10 07:37 PM
    you mom what? what are u trying to ask? lol
    07-12-10 08:42 PM
    Awesome news to hear, at least for those of you upgrading. I know this is a little ot, but what is this alternate upgrade? Is it pretty much moving the NE2 from your mom's line over to yours?
    07-12-10 11:30 PM
    haha. i BELIEVE the answer is no...moms line is the primary and u cant change the primary line...i will always be sec. i THINK i will order the phone under her number, when it get here i will have to activate it under her number, de-activate it, re activate her old fone, and then activated the X under my line....but for 5 mins of *228 is well worth the $100 off! lol
    07-13-10 06:12 AM
    Local Verizon store X inventory on Thursday: 30

Not very many, huh?
    07-13-10 07:03 PM
    Ordering mines Thursday morning at 8
    07-13-10 07:07 PM
    haha. yea. most corp. stores will NOT have a lot...and EVERY SINGLE ONE I have spoken with have a list...if ur on the list, u get one...and if not they will place your order that day in the store if u want...
    07-13-10 07:11 PM
    and you have proof of this how....

cause i talked to VZW minutes ago and they already shipped me a droid x and should be here on the 18th they said...
    07-14-10 09:58 AM
    If they already shipped it why aren't you getting it until the 18th?

I'm going to order mine online tonight at midnight EST (I'm mountain time so that's like 10PM here) or I will order it when I get up tomorrow morning and have it delivered Friday. It is worth not messing with the rebate - the trade off is wait one more day. I'd rather not deal with the guys at the store anyhow.

Hopefully they open it up for online orders today, I will be checking throughout the day. That would be ideal...
    07-14-10 10:23 AM
    what the crap do i need proof for h? what am i trying to prove? and do u have proof that ur droid has shipped? Why will it come on the 18th? all my info came from vzw?
    07-14-10 11:21 AM
    Yep, alot of X's in stock at most premium verizon retailers. The one closest to me will have around 100 droid x's on Thur. They did say that I could order one and they would ship it to me the next day guaranteed. So one could receive a X on fri. if they didnt wnat to mess with going to the store.
    I went ahead and scheduled an appointment at 8 AM when the store opens so I can be the first in line and get a little hands on time as I am still a little hesitate about the overall size. Kinda silly since my unconscious mind knows it will be bought regardless!! Still have 30 days right!!??
    07-14-10 11:38 AM
    what the crap do i need proof for h? what am i trying to prove? and do u have proof that ur droid has shipped? Why will it come on the 18th? all my info came from vzw?
    on a Sunday?? They deliver on Sundays
    07-14-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD