Ok, whenever I send the text message I get the check right away, but the D for delivered doesn't usually pop up until 30 secs to a minute later. Why does it take so long? I'm texting another blackberry, is that it? We would be using BBM but we're in a fight right now, so my girl deleted me from her list, but regardless, why does it take so long for it to be delivered? Does it have to do with her signal?
    07-12-10 05:32 PM
    Could be several different things, the signal on your end, the signal on her end, are either of you in a "roaming" spot?, Is the network itself experiencing latency issues?, etc.

Normally, two people that are on the same network in the same area will get pretty much instantaneous messaging, but that's not always the case. I wouldn't worry too much about 30-60 seconds either, that's not really that much time.

Of course, if she deleted you from her BBM list, you may want to give it a rest for a while...you could use the opportunity to try to meet people who don't remove you from their phones.
    07-12-10 05:53 PM
    Haha, well she does silly things in the heat of the moment. People aren't perfect
    07-13-10 04:41 AM
    Your message has to go out to the "network," then the network has to send it to her phone, then it received confirmation she got it, and then it sends it back to your phone. All of this over limes of airway; and 30-60 seconds is too long? My we are spoiled!
    07-13-10 07:15 AM
    just a question. If your TEXTING a bb, how are you getting the "D" for delivered, I thought the "D" and "R" were only displayed on BBM (which you said she deleted you off of, right) are you using a 3rd party app or something that displays that? I know on mine I'll get a check mark saying it's sent, but nothing for delivered.
    07-13-10 07:50 AM
    just a question. If your TEXTING a bb, how are you getting the "D" for delivered, I thought the "D" and "R" were only displayed on BBM (which you said she deleted you off of, right) are you using a 3rd party app or something that displays that? I know on mine I'll get a check mark saying it's sent, but nothing for delivered.
    I get the 'D' if the person I am texting is on VZW as well, so it may be a small perk of VZW-VZW texting. Same may be true on other networks but I haven't had the opportunity to test it.
    07-13-10 07:59 AM
    ahhh ok, don't see that on sprint, just a check mark, interesting.. checked my sprint to sprint as well, no D, must be a Vzn thing..
    07-13-10 08:31 AM
    I get the D also and I'm on t-mobile but not the R.
    For me when I have that problem I just resend it and it goes thru.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 01:27 PM
    Jeez people, it has to go to SPACE and back. Give it a minute will ya?
    07-13-10 01:34 PM
    We would be using BBM but we're in a fight right now, so my girl deleted me from her list,
    whatever happened between you two, just remember, it's always the guy's fault, so apologize. That might get you back on her BBM list.
    07-13-10 03:27 PM
    Haha well I don't usually have a problem with it taking 30-60 seconds however when you're arguing I would like to answer her texts ASAP if you can understand. Regardless I'll told her to **** off and I can go find someone else to ram. I'm a guy, I don't make mistakes haha.

07-13-10 04:06 PM
    Jeez people, it has to go to SPACE and back. Give it a minute will ya?
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't go to SPACE...it goes from your phone to a cell tower to another cell tower (assuming they both aren't using the same tower) to the other persons phone.

07-14-10 12:40 AM
    well.. i don't know what texting refer to but seem like our bbm, sms, email all have the D and R features. At least a D...

You mentioned 30sec to 1 minute later...the D came in.

Have you tried texting another bb next to you?

Press enter and message is send.
    To reach the other phone, it will take at least 5-10seconds
    When the other phone received your message beepbeep, it return a delivered status to you. "D" at least 5-10seconds.
    Depend on the network routing status, another 5-10seconds
    So total est. 30seconds!!!

Some time server is busy due high traffic, waiting 1 minute seem fine.

I ever text someone, the message went through but the D simply don't come in even after the other end did received it. Why?????

I realised, i text too fast!!! one text after another text. Some how the packet that was use to ident the message was lost?

Anyway, this is a lot networking thing.

Give your girl some space and time. By pressing her too much you are making her angry and hate you more. But please don't sit there do nothing. Show some sincerity. If she is your girl, I believe you should know where she stay. Buy her some flowers or write her some letters to apologize dude. Some time simple things at the right time do helps.
    07-14-10 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD