Before there was a forum for like everything I would always be happy with my purchase. Not a "ton" of research just goto the store BS with a sales guy, try and see through some nonsense and make my purchase. Not really thinking much from there on how much better product A or B is.

I have been looking into a new phone, droid X so I have been keeping up with all the BB info and android currents. Checking my phone computer a few times a day.

I'm also doing research on a new mountain bike, pretty much the same thing between brands/models etc.

Almost seems that when it comes to comparing something on the internet to someone else if it's not the best in it's class your an ***** for purchasing it

Please, not a android vs BB thread. Thats not the kind of responses I'm looking for.
    07-11-10 06:23 PM
    I think you're doing it right, but looking at it the wrong way.

See, I have a 8520. I could have bought a 9000 (but it was too big and memory was too small), the 8900 (was too expensive and I don't really take pics and watch videos on it).

Would I know that if I had not done some research 1st hand? It's not about getting the lastest and the "bestest", it's all about getting what suits your needs (and really, the 8520 failed to disapoint me, since I need a device to get things done and not something to kill time with).

Use the tools you have at hand, don't let them tell you what to do.

I'm sure people will disagree about what I just said thou...
    07-11-10 06:52 PM
    The amount of credence you give to Forums may be the problem. Forums such
    as this are, by and large, fan sites so objectivity is often in short order.

A better approach would be to avoid, as much as warranted, advice given on
    Forums and look at some of the more objective sites that simply review or
    discuss products. I rarely take into account anything posted on a Forum into
    my purchasing decisions.

I'm sure people will disagree about what I just said thou...
    Won't be me. You're spot on.
    07-11-10 07:54 PM
    Use the tools you have at hand, don't let them tell you what to do.
    In a word...amen!

The forums should be a supplement, if that makes any sense
    07-11-10 07:58 PM
    I couldn't agree more with AG and diegonei. Never use a forum as a be all end all reference to a product. I will check in to see what people say, but will make my decision by reviews by people who have no interest or investment in the outcome. Also make your decision on your needs as they may differ than others.
    07-11-10 08:04 PM
    Ignorance is bliss as they say.

On the other hand, electronic communications is still a young medium that seems to trip up people. I think we are better off overall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 08:11 PM
    Factless opinions should be avoided like the plague. However techniques, specifications and other peoples experiences are always good for learning. Another persons opinion should never effect what we decide for ourselves.

07-11-10 08:49 PM
    Factless opinions should be avoided like the plague. However techniques, specifications and other peoples experiences are always good for learning. Another persons opinion should never effect what we decide for ourselves.

"Just the facts ma'am"
    I agree with albee.
    Although you have to make sure not to confuse facts with statistics or specifications. Both of which can be misleading.
    07-12-10 01:29 AM
    It's hard to sort through the facts vs what's just speculation or opinion. But it's not just forums that can steer you wrong. I just returned a phone after using it for a few weeks because I listened to the reps in the store instead of using my own head. They weren't happy when I said I was returning it because it didn't suit my needs. Then again half the people that worked there were using the phone I returned.
    07-12-10 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD