So Verizon replaced my 3 week old 9650 because 9 out of 10 times that I went to launch the camera, the device would go into a soft reboot! Guess what - my 3-day old replacement 9650 is doing the same thing!! WTF?? And yes, I'm just using the new 2GB SD card that it came with. There's nothing on it, so that can't be the culprit.

I can't be the only one experiencing this...can I??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 11:39 AM
    Have you installed any 3rd party applications? Maybe one of those is the culprit?
    07-11-10 01:16 PM
    This was happening to me. I set my right side key to open the camera under options/screen and the phone would reboot whenever I clicked the right side key. I also have Quicklaunch on my phone, I had to set the right click button on my phone to 'camera' in quick launch and then it worked fine. Maybe you have a similar situation with a third party app.
    07-11-10 01:21 PM
    This was happening to me. I set my right side key to open the camera under options/screen and the phone would reboot whenever I clicked the right side key. I also have Quicklaunch on my phone, I had to set the right click button on my phone to 'camera' in quick launch and then it worked fine. Maybe you have a similar situation with a third party app.
    I'm afraid not. Just clicking on the camera icon on the desktop and BAM - reboot! Sooo annoying. Only 3rd party apps I have are facebook, twitter, Viigo, LeaveItOn, BerryBuzz, and Slydial.

I'm thissss close to returning and going to the Storm 2. Someone talk me out of it please!

07-11-10 03:10 PM
    Oh and I Just installed Berry Tunes. Hmmm wonder if that's the culprit!

07-11-10 03:21 PM
    I'm having the same problems.
    07-11-10 03:38 PM
    Take out the media card. Try that.

07-11-10 03:46 PM
    Had that issue. Wiped and reloaded OS no problems since it was doing it for camera and video......
    07-11-10 05:03 PM
    Well, I've taken the media card out, let's see if this does the trick. My BB arrived with build .732 (1242) already loaded. I can't imagine needing to do a wipe and reload of the OS...

I'm happy (sorta) that other people are having the same problem. I would just be happier if there was a definite fix!
    07-11-10 06:03 PM
    You do understand that they mass flash the os and anything can happen. Reloading the OS could and should deal with any glitches.

07-11-10 07:23 PM
    You do understand that they mass flash the os and anything can happen. Reloading the OS could and should deal with any glitches.

OK. I guess that's what I'll do then! Wish me luck, thanks for the advice.
    07-11-10 08:10 PM
    Worst that can happen is it does it again.

07-11-10 08:11 PM
    Please post back and let us know how it goes. I'm having the same issue.
    07-12-10 10:11 AM
    Had that issue. Wiped and reloaded OS no problems since it was doing it for camera and video......
    Would you recommend I do a COMPLETE "Security Wipe", or just re-install the OS?
    07-12-10 10:19 AM
    I used BBSAK backed up. Backed up all my apps. Wiped the device with BBSAK and reloaded OS.\

If you are not comfortable with wiping your device and reloading the OS check out this forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    Last edited by spaciorek; 07-12-10 at 10:33 AM.
    07-12-10 10:30 AM
    I'm having same issue on both mine and my GF's 9650. Updated/ reloaded OS on both, formatted/ tried different media cards. Thought maybe it was the Smart wifi app since we both have that- so we deleted that. So far no issues but it seems to be random after about a day.

What i know so far.
    * Camera works fine after the reset for about a day. Then it will randomly reset phone after about 24 hours of being on.
    * It isn't "quicklaunch", media card ( I have brand new media cards plus tried saving to internal), not tied to GPS geotagging on pictures.
    * Seems to affect both camera and video functions.
    * Still testing after "Smart Wifi" removal.
    * OS updates/ reloads had no effect.
    * I believe this is tied to software glitch- if it was hardware it would do it every time or immediately after the reset when tried again.
    ** Oddly- after reading all the posts on forums everywhere, one common factor is Berrybuzz. Almost everyone having this issue has Berrybuzz.
    07-12-10 01:41 PM
    Also, i don't think it matters if camera is launched from button or icon on homescreen as it does it both ways.

After all the Tour issues- I feel RIM does not put these phones through "real world" testing. Just fanboy's get these prerelease, and it's all " ohh shiny" and then back to thier Iphone or droid after the blog hits rack up...

Tour had media player problems, constant trackball issues, ringtone issues..

Bold 9650 has Ringtone volume issues, trackpad, paint, and camera reset issues..
    Really- how do you miss this in beta testing? These are the core functions of the phone. Someone could say it's 3rd party app conflicts- but these phones exhibit some of these issues right from the box.
    Last edited by Evermore707; 07-12-10 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    07-12-10 01:49 PM
    I've also had my camera to reboot the phone a few times as well. There are also times where the camera would freeze. I would have to do a battery pull to get everything back up and running. It has only done this a few times. I'm not sure if it's a glitch, SDcard error, or conflict with a 3rd party app.
    07-12-10 02:09 PM
    ** Oddly- after reading all the posts on forums everywhere, one common factor is Berrybuzz. Almost everyone having this issue has Berrybuzz.
    I've been having it since upgrading to .732 OS. I don't run Berrybuzz, so that's not the deal. I reformatted, and even replaced the SD card and it still happens. I have not re-installed .732, that's my next step.
    07-12-10 02:35 PM
    I have only experienced it once. I hadn't rebooted the phone in about 10 days, I had several BerryBuzz notifications going off and I clicked on the cam app accidentally and it rebooted. Hasn't happened again so I can't yet figure out what triggered it.
    07-12-10 02:39 PM
    My phone just started the camera-reboot phenomena after having it for three weeks. I use the camera regularly and this is rather annoying. I'm running the same apps that people have posted previously but can't figure out what is wrong. It's a pita to have to wait for the phone to reboot when you want to take a picture.
    07-13-10 04:25 PM
    Its inexcusable. And BB tech support told me they're unaware of and have no known issues regarding this.

07-13-10 04:27 PM
    I've experienced it a handful of times, both when using the camera and when not
    07-13-10 04:30 PM
    Its inexcusable. And BB tech support told me they're unaware of and have no known issues regarding this.

I was told the same thing on Friday
    I was told to return the my Bold to the local VZW
    they of course knew nothing about this problem etc.
    07-13-10 05:01 PM
    Yea...they don't know.
    EVDO
    EVDO Forum
    BBaddictz
    Plus numerous threads on this board. People were complainong in May.
    And I was lucky enough to have it happen to me today. Day 8.
    07-13-10 07:04 PM
219 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD