sometimes when i'm texting back and forth with someone, my bb wont let me read the texts of the person im texting..... i can open old texts from other people, but cannot open the new text from the person im chatting with. its happened a few times and sometime even a battery pull doesnt fix the problem. anyone else have this problem??? Its actually worked fine lately, but was doing that almost daily
    07-11-10 02:45 AM
    What OS version are you running on your device??? Options > About... look at the 3rd line... v5.0.0.xxx ... what is the .xxx ?

You might need to upgrade your OS... if you do consider, please read and use the "Upgrade using Loader.exe" in my signature below... it's one of the Blackberry 101 lessons here on CB.
    07-11-10 08:39 AM
    Used to happen to me too. Not sure if it'll happen again. Just updated the OS.

But here's a fix.

In the messages area. Go click the menu button. Pick compose new sms. Then type in the persons name and press okay.

It'll take you to the one you couldn't click on. After that, it'll let you click.
    07-11-10 08:57 PM
    Hey, thanks! This just happened to me the other day. I'll be sure to try the 'compose new SMS' trick next time.
    07-11-10 10:11 PM
    This happens to me on a daily basis. Has been for months. Ever OS release, I update hoping that the problem will be fixed, but it hasn't been. The only way I can ever successfully SMS when it happens is to delete the conversation, pull the battery, and start over.
    07-11-10 10:55 PM
    This happens to me on a daily basis. Has been for months. Ever OS release, I update hoping that the problem will be fixed, but it hasn't been. The only way I can ever successfully SMS when it happens is to delete the conversation, pull the battery, and start over.
    Did you try using a program like BBSAK to WIPE your device and then load a new OS??? Then do NOT reload your data, test it out and see if the problem is still there... then if it's gone, just reload the necessary databases you NEED such as Address Book, Password Keeper, etc... but not anything to do with Messages.
    07-12-10 06:01 AM
    I find this also happens to me often too.. but only when I'm sending SMS's and putting my BB in and out of the holster... anyone have this problem triggered from their holster?
    07-14-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD