Right. I have had a curve 8310 , very good . Now I have storm 2 which I really like but don't love . Now I want a bold 9700a but I not sure bout the keyboard size cos some say its kinda small on the 9700.

If RIM brought out a new sexy bold the same size as the old bold 9000 but in the style of the 9700 now . Remember too all the new stuff coming out before the year is out like blackberry 6 etc ..

So my question is simple ...

Would you think it was it was too big or the perfect BB ? ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 07-10-10 at 10:06 PM.
    07-10-10 09:37 PM
    Yet another thread in praise of the mighty 9000. When will people listen to what's going on here? Were all hoping for this phone. Keep your fingers crossed OP

07-10-10 10:32 PM
    I also cross my toes for that
    07-10-10 11:53 PM
    I always envied the Bold 9000. It seemed to scream "I'm a BlackBerry. Look at me."
    I always wanted one, and was somewhat disappointed when they scraped it. I never got a chance to have one of my very own.

07-11-10 01:44 AM
    I think they should bring it back with a trackpad, more memory, faster processor, ect. I never had one but I hear people say that it was the best blackberry keyboard ever.
    07-11-10 01:49 AM
    The Bold 9000 has without a doubt the absolute best keyboard of any BlackBerry
    device. It also has the single worst form factor. IMO, good riddance (and yes, I
    actually had one)
    07-11-10 01:57 AM
    I gave up my 9000 for the 9700 last week. The 9000 keyboard was totally awesome - I could type fast and sure on that thing - whole documents actually. The 9700 is sexier - love the trackpad, but would definitely prefer a future BB with a 9000-like keyboard.

07-11-10 02:02 AM
    Never had the privilege of using one but played around with one my friend had, definitely a sweet device

07-11-10 05:08 AM
    RIM still has to re-release a white version of all the current phones coming out, so that buys them another 6-8mons to do nothing. And there maybe a storm 3 so i'm thinking maybe if at all 2012-13 RIM will have time to make this phone.
    07-11-10 05:17 AM
    Just imagine it had storm 3 like specs on it with 8 gigs on board. I even have perfect name for it .

The Big Boy.

This kinda of device would sell like hot apple pie with lashings of cream . Put it in all sort of colours too . I say bring on the Big Boy . Who is with me !!!

07-11-10 07:29 AM
    I personally love the form factor of my 9700...IMO perfect size for a phone. 9000 was nice to type on, but a little too big overall.

I type as fast on a 9700 as I did on a 9000...

Last edited by BoldtotheMax; 07-11-10 at 09:00 AM.
    07-11-10 08:58 AM
    Opps, DP, lol!
    07-11-10 08:59 AM
    I always envied the Bold 9000. It seemed to scream "I'm a BlackBerry. Look at me."
    I always wanted one, and was somewhat disappointed when they scraped it. I never got a chance to have one of my very own.

Isn't the Bold still in production? I know I could've bought one yesterday, at least with my carrier...
    07-11-10 10:16 AM
    Isn't the Bold still in production? I know I could've bought one yesterday, at least with my carrier...
    Yes, you can still buy it on my carrier's website (AT&T).
    07-11-10 10:23 AM
    I know you can still get the old bold still but we need a new more powerful that's capable for all the new stuff . Like bb 6 , webkit and whatever else is coming . Come on Rim I know you watch this site all time or you wouldn't be doing a stress test in the beta zone if it wasn't for CB. Please please please bring on the Big Boy before the storm 3 and people will love the storm 3 more cos of it . Some people want a bigger screen and a web, gaming tool . The Big Boy will get people all excited for it .

It could be out for Christmas easily .

For the post above , I'm in Ireland so ATT is no good to me near and they don't sell the old bold here anymore .

Come on Rim bring on the Big Boy.

07-11-10 10:40 AM
    The Big Boy? No matter what you pack into the device, that ridiculous name alone
    will make the device a low seller. We are talking BlackBerry here, not Fisher Price.
    07-11-10 10:47 AM
    Ok that's what I will call it so lol . Don't kill the dream man . Come on Rim . Bring on the new xxx xxx bold asap pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

07-11-10 11:24 AM
    Now that I'm thinking has ANYONE any news on a new type bold . Eh rim employees . Anything .

07-11-10 11:29 AM
    The Bold 9000 has without a doubt the absolute best keyboard of any BlackBerry
    device. It also has the single worst form factor. IMO, good riddance (and yes, I
    actually had one)
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL.
    Love everything about the 9000. Could be a bit faster at times but really can't complain. Will wait to see the 9800 in person before I jump ship.
    07-11-10 02:31 PM
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL.
    Love everything about the 9000. Could be a bit faster at times but really can't complain. Will wait to see the 9800 in person before I jump ship.
    If you're waiting to see if the 9800 comes even close to the 9000's comfort factor....allow me this bubble to burst...it won't. Same cramped up, aggravating, eensy weensy, itsy bitsy, teeny weeny keyboard as the 9700. And you'll be hitting the $ key after every time you hit the return key just like on the 9700. So your messages look like this$
    I don't even know where my 9700 is right now, I think its lost somewhere in my kids playroom. I'll never do that again, buy a device I knew was too small only because I saw everyone saying "ehh u get used to it" yeah, I said it myself to try and convince myself it was true. It just isn't. And I never got used to it. It was always a huge PITA to slam out emails or IM's. I haul a$$ with a blackberry, I'm a great typist but not on a Curve, 9700, Tour and forget the storm.
    I liked that T-shirt guys were wearing in the gyms back in the late 80's. It said:
    Die Big.... Anabolic Steroids

07-11-10 06:56 PM
    If you're waiting to see if the 9800 comes even close to the 9000's comfort factor....allow me this bubble to burst...it won't. Same cramped up, aggravating, eensy weensy, itsy bitsy, teeny weeny keyboard as the 9700. And you'll be hitting the $ key after every time you hit the return key just like on the 9700. So your messages look like this$
    I don't even know where my 9700 is right now, I think its lost somewhere in my kids playroom. I'll never do that again, buy a device I knew was too small only because I saw everyone saying "ehh u get used to it" yeah, I said it myself to try and convince myself it was true. It just isn't. And I never got used to it. It was always a huge PITA to slam out emails or IM's. I haul a$$ with a blackberry, I'm a great typist but not on a Curve, 9700, Tour and forget the storm.
    I liked that T-shirt guys were wearing in the gyms back in the late 80's. It said:
    Die Big.... Anabolic Steroids

I agree, the problem is where do we go from here? (Had a 9700 for a week and returned it) Our 9000's aren't going to last forever.
    07-11-10 08:06 PM
    Rather than something as big as the 9000, I'd be happy if they would just put the keypad from the 8900 on the 9700. Whoever designed the keypad for the 9700 needs a good old fashioned whoopin before getting fired.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-11-10 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Rude comment
    07-11-10 10:13 PM
    Here's a weird thought: Why doesn't some tech genius try shoehorning the 9700's guts into an old 9000. (Just a thought!) LOL
    07-11-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD