Has anyone bought an LCD/Digitizer combo off of ebay? There are 2 different sellers that come up most often. The price is $65, while other sites have them for $120. It seems legit, but was curious if anyone has bought from ebay. One seller is Gadget Fix California, and the other is phonepartsrus. Thanks!
    07-10-10 06:32 PM
    i can get oem for 100$ i have feed back
    07-10-10 06:35 PM
    Has anyone bought an LCD/Digitizer combo off of ebay? There are 2 different sellers that come up most often. The price is $65, while other sites have them for $120. It seems legit, but was curious if anyone has bought from ebay. One seller is Gadget Fix California, and the other is phonepartsrus. Thanks!
    I bought the one for $65 and installed it a few days ago. Pone works great, will be going back to that Storm and selling the one I bought on CL that I used for 1 week.
    07-10-10 07:19 PM
    65uk pound....2nd hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 08:15 PM
    Hi pp,

I have received some pm's from fellow stormers on fixing or replacing the storm2 LCD or Digitizer.

Item you need to open up the phone will be plastic tools or phone opener. Using the plastic opener will not scratch or damage your phone. How to split apart your phone? Watch the youtube video. Follow the video till you get the LCD out. How to assemble back? Reverse it! Do it slowly with lots of patience.

The most fastest, easiest way is really to buy a full combi LCD+digitizer. Why? Because you don't have to crack your brain on hooking the cable for the digitizer to LCD. Don't have to worry your call/menu/back/end buttons not responsive. Don't have to try find those sticky tapes for sticking digitizer to LCD. Replacing a full combin screen can be done in just 15mins!!! ok how about 30mins? Result is instantly good and happy. But when you buy the replacement screen, make sure you check the correct model/version for your phone. I believe there is at least 2 version out there.

For fixing the digitizer alone, its really a headache issue. Why? To be frank, sticking the digitizer to LCD is not first priority. Its getting the bottom buttons to work smoothly that gives a lot problems. Those of you who purchased the digitizer will notice there's some gel like sticky below the call/menu/back/end buttons directly cover the cable. PLEASE DONT' TOUCH THOSE GEL OR DAMAGE THOSE GEL STICKY. To release the digitizer cable from the original LCD back panel, you just need to lift up the locking clip. Now try to imagine your car hood being open up. Yes, the cable is simply just right below the car hood. You will then notice there is a metal plate preventing you from removing the cable of the digitizer at the LCD backing. To remove that plate. simply use the plastic tool by unlocking all the corners with a gentle twist. Click and you will need some gentle force to pull that thin plate from the back of the LCD apart. They use some sticky agent thin like double side tape on the plate. Once you got the plate out, please remember which side is suppose to be the sticky side. Then you will notice there is another plate on the bottom of the LCD to be remove before the digitizer cable can be fully free. What I use is a needle to pick or dig out that metal plate. Once that is out, the digitizer can be break away from the LCD.

How you remove the digitizer is how you put it back. I strong suggest you to check and take a good look at the original digitizer especially the bottom buttons portion on how it is stick onto the LCD plate.

Don't think I ever will have a chance to remove my LCD to make a video since i now have an otterbox and my phone is in a perfect condition.

If you can get the buttons works well. To make things real simple, use the needle, dip it with super glue and apply to the edge of the LCD and digitizer. This will stick pretty well. But every step you do, just make sure the bottom buttons are well in place to the LCD plate. As mentioned above, the gel like sticky on the buttons cable is important.

hope above helps.

I seriously urge you guys to buy the full combi. Fixing the digitizer is not an easy task and will take hours.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-11-10 at 12:01 AM.
    07-10-10 11:58 PM
    +1 in the above comment. Replacing the screen is fairly easy and high highly recommend buying the digi and lcd combo to avoid all the extra work.

07-11-10 03:52 PM
    I ordered the combo, hoping it gets here tomorrow or Wednesday. Do you have to glue anything if you use the combo? Will the speaker cover and bottom trim piece stay back on?
    07-12-10 09:49 PM
    I ordered the combo, hoping it gets here tomorrow or Wednesday. Do you have to glue anything if you use the combo? Will the speaker cover and bottom trim piece stay back on?
    If you got the combo, no need to glue or anything since it should come in 1 piece.

Please go watch the youtube video on storm2 removing parts. do it slowly and use proper tools. How you remove is how you put back.

RIM is using really good double side tape. So everything stick back real good.
    07-12-10 10:49 PM
    I've watched the video and understand it's all one piece. I already have the phone apart. I'm asking if the little plastic piece that covers the ear piece on the front and the bottom plastic piece that covers the area below the buttons will stay once the phone is put back together, but upon closer examination I just noticed they have little pieces that should hold them in. I would hope that these are enough the keep them on when you put the phone back together.
    07-13-10 12:47 AM
    Just be gentle. That's why recommend open using a phone plastic tool. I open up mine for at least 5times to explore the phone and its still good n new.

07-13-10 12:53 AM
    I bought a replacement lcd digitizer combo from gadget fix and the screen looks brilliant. Unfortunately I can not get it to respond to my touch, even the bottom 4 buttons. Any advice on what I should try to troubleshoot?
    03-30-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD