Leak shows new BlackBerry Thunder media UI

New reported images of the BlackBerry Thunder have been released today by BlackBerrySYNC that show an apparently reworked media player for Research in Motion's first touchscreen device. The images reveal an interface that is heavily based on the current BlackBerry software but includes an iPhone-like category picker for music, video, recording, and similar features but also has a more visual album browser and a full-screen video player.

The Thunder will also reportedly have access to a carrier-supplied music store that will help the new BlackBerry compete against the iPhone, although the nature of the store is unknown; Verizon is rumored to be the exclusive provider for the Thunder and would use its V CAST music store in such a case.

No further information has been supplied regarding the phone, though multiple past rumors have pointed to a launch in summer as well as the inclusion of 3G data for both CDMA providers (through Verizon) and GSM (through Vodafone); it may include the same iTunes Sync feature as the BlackBerry Bold to let users transfer unprotected music from a computer without having to reimport or convert music for a separate program.

Article:Electronista | Leak shows new BlackBerry Thunder media UI
    07-07-08 04:12 PM
    Yeah that music interface looks so sexy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 01:15 AM
    Later reports say that those images are merely mock ups of what could be the UI.
    07-08-08 01:32 AM
    Really? now I'm all depressed. where is the rum?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 01:39 AM
    What's bad about those pics is if you look close it looks like a bad overlay/screen protector on the front of the thing. The picture of the phone doesn't even look "real". Definitely photochoped a bit. But it looks good, I want one.
    07-08-08 08:08 AM
    This thing looks sexy, I agree.

But really, this cosmetic stuff isn't that important. I hope they're spending their time making sure the ******** touch screen and localized haptic work to perfection. It can look as sexy as ever but if the touchscreen isn't A+ than product = fail.
    07-16-08 04:39 PM
    Yeah.. lookk... good..
    07-19-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD