I have a Storm 2 9550 with Telus. I am in Alaska right now and there is no CDMA coverage where I am. The signal indicator just shows an x, for no service. I was playing around with my phone and under network options selected 2G and 3G. After selecting that, under network provider it showed BTW and the signal strength indicator went to SOS. Does anyone know what this means? If i had a sim card, would I be able to get cell reception.I tried searching BTW but was unable to find anything. Thanks in advance for any info.
    07-09-10 08:06 PM
    Storm 9530 will work on Rogers/Fido Edge network. You would have to unlock your device and use a Rogers SIM card.

The reason why it says SOS is because its able to make emergency calls only using their network with a Telus device.
    07-11-10 01:53 AM
    Storm 9530 will work on Rogers/Fido Edge network. Edge is 2G. You would have to unlock your device and use a Rogers SIM card.

The reason why it says SOS is because its able to make emergency calls only using their network with a Telus device.

Now, one more thing to keep in mind is that your device does not support the 3G signals in Canada or the US, so you will be stuck with 2G speeds. The Storm 9530 will only operate on 3G HSPA overseas.
    07-11-10 01:56 AM
    The reason you don't have signal is because Verizon obviously doesn't have cell towers where you're currently located. If you need to, you can unlock the device and use a local SIM card, but be aware that you will only get voice unless you also add a BlackBerry plan.
    07-12-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD