I have a BB Tour on the Sprint Network. In my regular contact list (not in my BBM). I have created a group contact of about 35 members. So my question is this. When I SMS the group I get and message that reads, �One or more of the contacts in this group are not able to receive SMS Text Messages.� This message pops up twice, than the screen that allows you to send a message opens up, and I can type in and send a message. (as a side note I do not know if all members of the group receive this message) However if I individually send each member a personal SMS message I believe they get it, as I do not get the red X, that happens when a message is not sent for some reason. Can anyone tell me why it is that I get this pop up message?
    07-09-10 11:47 AM
    I have a BB Tour on the Sprint Network. In my regular contact list (not in my BBM). I have created a group contact of about 35 members. So my question is this. When I SMS the group I get and message that reads, �One or more of the contacts in this group are not able to receive SMS Text Messages.� This message pops up twice, than the screen that allows you to send a message opens up, and I can type in and send a message. (as a side note I do not know if all members of the group receive this message) However if I individually send each member a personal SMS message I believe they get it, as I do not get the red X, that happens when a message is not sent for some reason. Can anyone tell me why it is that I get this pop up message?
    So try this: send one to the group saying "please reply if you got this, I want to see if this is working properly", and see how many folks reply. Track them down and hit them with a trout if they don't reply.
    10-22-10 08:07 AM
    you have to make sure you select the correct phone number (or email) from the contact when adding that contact to the group list. sounds to me like the group list wasnt set-up correctly and some of the phone numbers are not mobile numbers able to receive text messages.
    10-22-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD