I've had this phone almost a year. I exchanged my black housing for a white one & it looks great. Unfortunatley, my signal strength has been reduced by half & I've gone through 1.5 batteries today. That's about 4x as quickly as I used to go through them. Any ideas on what I've done wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 11:41 AM
    Hopefully you did not use an iPhone4 housing!
    There a few things that could go wrong in a housing exchange, but first need to eliminate everything else before taking it apart again.
    07-08-10 11:57 AM
    If your signal is now bad it can cause the phone to constantly search for a signal leading to the battery issue. So you might have messed up the antenna connection in dis-re-assembling the phone. But as suggested,check other things before reopening the case.
    07-08-10 01:22 PM
    After looking closley at the old housing & the new housing, there are some differences in the back peice. Not the battery door, but the peice the battery door sits on. For one thing, the new one didn't have the silver contacts to each side of the battery door latch. Not visibly a big deal, but it won't charge in the cradle at night, and since I use it as a bedside alarm clock, that wasn't working for me. I wonder if there aren't other things that particular peice does that I'm not aware of. I bet the "searching for signal" was what wore out the battery so fast! I have 3 batteries, but still, that was crazy. Anyway, I switched that peice out & things are better. It's charging now, so I don't know about the battery drain, but the signal is WAY better. Perhaps I accidentally fixed whatever I accidentally broke. I have 2 tours that I can pillage for parts and at this point, I can take them appart & reassemble in no time haha.
    07-08-10 02:02 PM
    I think the antenna is under that piece that the battery door sits on? If so, you prolly fixed the problem by accident.
    07-08-10 05:09 PM
    i had the same issue. I switch back to the original back unit (with the cradle connectors) and it was resolved.
    07-26-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD