Hi,

First i really really love my BlackBerry Bold 9700. For a long time i had both (iPhone 3G and 9700) now i'm only run with the BB. I still follow what happen in both world... But i'm so sad that RIM doesn't know anything about communication.. I remember the twitter client was announced beginning of september 2009 and he hits the appworld six months after at least !! And not a word from RIM...

It's the same for 6.0, we don't know it can come tomorrow or at christmas or next year.. We don't even know if it will run on the 9700 ..They really need to communicate the only things we see is video made by a guy we don't know who (with crappy nails) who got a leak blackberry we don't know how...

I'm bored of coming on CrackBerry and find nothing new and i don't know what to expect ! They really need to do something !
    07-08-10 03:07 AM
    If that's the way you feel then I guess it's goodbye and have a nice life.
    07-08-10 03:21 AM
    If that's the way you feel then I guess it's goodbye and have a nice life.
    Judging by how slowly things have been going for RIM, it seems like they are taking that exact same stance when dealing with their customer base.
    07-08-10 03:43 AM
    Judging by how slowly things have been going for RIM, it seems like they are taking that exact same stance when dealing with their customer base.
    I do not believe that that is the case at all.

I believe that RIM are being very careful about what they release these days. They had a major debacle with the original Storm and have seen Apple have a serious design error with the antenna on the iPhone 4 and so they ar making sure that their next products are designed and built right. This would apply to both hardware and software.

With OS 6, and a new browser, more testing is required than with any other OS. The memory requirements have gone from 48Mb in the 8100 for OS 4.2 up to 256Mb in the 9700 for OS 5 and now we are seeing 512Mb in the latest devices. Thois points to a very complex OS with lots of new options so whilst I am anxiously waiting, I would rather the new products came out with as few bugs as possible.

If others are seduced by shiny new toys then let them go - like the OP. RIM is on the verge of a massive announcement with OS 6 and I, for one, wish to be a BlackBerry user at that time and to see what new and amazing things lie in store.

If I don't like what I see then I shall make an informed decision.

I base my choices on knowledge rather than simply repeating phrases that I have heard and do not understand through lack of available facts.
    07-08-10 04:19 AM
    Hi,

First i really really love my BlackBerry Bold 9700. For a long time i had both (iPhone 3G and 9700) now i'm only run with the BB. I still follow what happen in both world... But i'm so sad that RIM doesn't know anything about communication.. I remember the twitter client was announced beginning of september 2009 and he hits the appworld six months after at least !! And not a word from RIM...

It's the same for 6.0, we don't know it can come tomorrow or at christmas or next year.. We don't even know if it will run on the 9700 ..They really need to communicate the only things we see is video made by a guy we don't know who (with crappy nails) who got a leak blackberry we don't know how...

I'm bored of coming on CrackBerry and find nothing new and i don't know what to expect ! They really need to do something !
    You are dead right i love my 9700 but rim is way behind with everything apps way to expensive browser not to bad media player is stuck in 2005 and as for a phone that can not play youtube videos properly is just a joke.Come on rim get your act togehter you could have the best phone in the world if you would just get your finger out
    07-08-10 05:58 AM
    I do not believe that that is the case at all.

I believe that RIM are being very careful about what they release these days. They had a major debacle with the original Storm and have seen Apple have a serious design error with the antenna on the iPhone 4 and so they ar making sure that their next products are designed and built right. This would apply to both hardware and software.

With OS 6, and a new browser, more testing is required than with any other OS. The memory requirements have gone from 48Mb in the 8100 for OS 4.2 up to 256Mb in the 9700 for OS 5 and now we are seeing 512Mb in the latest devices. Thois points to a very complex OS with lots of new options so whilst I am anxiously waiting, I would rather the new products came out with as few bugs as possible.

If others are seduced by shiny new toys then let them go - like the OP. RIM is on the verge of a massive announcement with OS 6 and I, for one, wish to be a BlackBerry user at that time and to see what new and amazing things lie in store.

If I don't like what I see then I shall make an informed decision.

I base my choices on knowledge rather than simply repeating phrases that I have heard and do not understand through lack of available facts.
    All that is said, i personally dont see RIM being able to take over iPhone for there OS's. Dont get me wrong RIM does do good phones i.e for business. But for personal use its very very bad.

May be different in the US as the UK as not alot of people have BB's so the only personal use for a BB is BBM, thats out of the window lol.

Jus saying.
    07-08-10 06:09 AM
    Boring? I guess everyone needs something to excite them every minute of the day now and if they actually have to see and talk to people face to face they wouldn't know what to say or how to act.

I have a life and don't need my phone or any other device to excite me. My friends, family and girlfriend do that! Heck even going for a hike.
    07-08-10 06:41 AM
    Would you rather them rush flashy phones out the door that people drop big $$ on and can't use if they hold with their left hand, or reports 2 more bars of signal than they really have??

RIM has always been SLOW AND STEADY.... and that means STABLE.
    07-08-10 07:01 AM
    Slow and Steady leads the way. If people get bored of doing stuff, do something else.

I won't complain about anything, I'll ask for help if I can't find it or after turning up nothing in search.

If you think RIM is boring, there's allot more boring things about other phone companies and businesses. Computer companies often come out with half-baked products, only good buys are 10 years from now, forget next month's newest model, or the one coming up in 3 years. Save your money, your current phone's gonna last for 5-15 years if taken care of properly, your computer, give it up to 20.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 07:20 AM
    Yes, pnr2020 has right, a smartphone in 2010 have to play poperly a youtube video... But don'y get me wrong i love RIM this is a suggestion because their phone could be even more better, i don't think they take a lot of risk like apple do, apple really try to invent new thing ( for some it just gadget and crap but me i think nobody tells you to buy it...) And with the latest phone i don't think RIM took a lot of risk ( a few more RAM, better proc and thats ALL !)

When you think about it apple takes risk and try to reinvent the antenna on phone, they fail but we can't blame them because they try... They listen their customer and implement multi tasking etc... RIM is not listening and not communicating that's all i say...

07-08-10 09:47 AM
    I feel you man, blackberry app world.......just sucks lol.

half the apps are completely useless and you have to pay for them...
    07-08-10 10:48 AM
    Who says you have to use BlackBerry App World lol
    07-08-10 10:53 AM
    All that is said, i personally dont see RIM being able to take over iPhone for there OS's. Dont get me wrong RIM does do good phones i.e for business. But for personal use its very very bad.

May be different in the US as the UK as not alot of people have BB's so the only personal use for a BB is BBM, thats out of the window lol.

Jus saying.
    I'm actually in the UK but I travel to the US quite a bit for extended periods.

Funnily enough I don;t even have BBM on my phone and I actually don;t much like the BlackBerry email system. I wish that I could set it so that I could pull my emails at times. I am retired and don't always want push email these days.

The stuff I like about the BlackBerry are:
    - keyboard
    - decent screen
    - all the apps I need (yes, really, I have about 35 on my phone with 105Mb free)
    - reliability
    - regular software updates
    - CrackBerry and its SuperStore
    - Fairy robust construction
    - I can customise the cr^p out of the thing
    - numerous models to choose from and they all work the same

My list could go on but you would fall asleep.

I do not mind paying for my apps as then I get decent support.

I think that BlackBerry App world is truly horrible since they lost all my paid-for apps and I had to re-buy some of them but not via App World, oh no.
    07-08-10 10:58 AM
    Would you rather them rush flashy phones out the door that people drop big $$ on
    Oh wait...

But they do...
    07-08-10 11:03 AM
    Yeah I guess I am bored to death without that fart app. My bad. And I do get your point, yes in 2010 a smart phone should be able to play a youtube video, I think mine will.

If I had an iphone (which I never would for my own reasons) I wouldn't have any more on it than I do my bb and all I have on it are quicklaunch and berrybuzz.
    07-08-10 11:04 AM
    At the end of the day i have got bold 9700 and in my opinion its a great phone But if we could get the blackberrys to do simple things like play videos properly browse web properly and make apps a little cheaper then blackberrys would be the best phones out.And make apps that work in uk and not just usa and canada then rim would be laughing all the way to the bank
    07-08-10 11:07 AM

One thing I like about RIM and BB is they have stable softwares and very robust way for dealing with defects.
    New development takes time....some time lot more than expected....
    Plus point is current software is stable and doing its job...
    So just wait and watch..
    There's a tendency, if something works perfect for long time, it bores people..themes are one way to feel little change.

07-08-10 11:09 AM
    development does take time but a phone that cant play videos properly come on phones were playing videos properly 3 years ago.And the uk waiting nearly a year to get ebay app that is just not on.Rim semm to be at least a year behind all other makes when they could be ahead of the game if they tried
    07-08-10 11:13 AM
    development does take time but a phone that cant play videos properly come on phones were playing videos properly 3 years ago.And the uk waiting nearly a year to get ebay app that is just not on.Rim semm to be at least a year behind all other makes when they could be ahead of the game if they tried

RIM has very poor SDK support,: they can fix it, if they want.
    Confusing API's for programmer,: they can fix it, if they want.
    different rules of different wireless carriers,: can't comment on this
    Overdose of security make simple things very complex,: can't comment on this
    Development cost is higher as compared to other platform:
    I think RIM is working on all these small factors.

07-08-10 11:27 AM

RIM has very poor SDK support,: they can fix it, if they want.
    Confusing API's for programmer,: they can fix it, if they want.
    different rules of different wireless carriers,: can't comment on this
    Overdose of security make simple things very complex,: can't comment on this
    Development cost is higher as compared to other platform:
    I think RIM is working on all these small factors.

They proberly are working on these factors but need to be faster.They will tell you your getting something great and bam 6 months later you still not got it.And when you do get it another phone will have something better.They say the new browser will be just as good as iphone but i bet iphone will bring something even better out and we will be waiting another year to catch up"SORRY TO COMPARE TO IPHONE JUST FORCE OF HABBIT"
    07-08-10 11:33 AM
    A message to rim you make the best phones in the world there solid- fast- look fantastic easy to use but please get a move on this is 2010 not 2007 wake up
    07-08-10 11:41 AM
    Would you rather them rush flashy phones out the door that people drop big $$ on and can't use if they hold with their left hand, or reports 2 more bars of signal than they really have??

RIM has always been SLOW AND STEADY.... and that means STABLE.
    Rim likes it slow and rooomaaannnttticccc

07-08-10 11:46 AM

Lol so apple like it quick and hard

07-08-10 02:34 PM

Lol so apple like it quick and hard

07-08-10 04:17 PM
    ...I believe that RIM are being very careful about what they release these days. They had a major debacle with the original Storm and have seen Apple have a serious design error with the antenna on the iPhone 4 and so they ar making sure that their next products are designed and built right....
    How do you know this? BB has never had a problem with their antenna. So I don't think they are making sure their design is built right. It's ALWAYS been built right--it's just not innovative enough.

I agree w/ the OP. RIM is just extremely slow to market with all their designs. And, they saturate the market too much with very similar phones. eg. Curve 8900, Tour, Bold 9700. All basically same form factor. Yes, one is 2g, and one is 3g, and maybe with or without trackpad. But they are all basically the same phone.

The product line is way too big. They need to scale down and develop less quantity and more quality.
    07-08-10 04:31 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD