I have verizon and have my gmail pushed to my phone. But I'd like to start a small business and have a more professional looking email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 02:41 PM
    Verizon should provide you with one "@verizon.blackberry.com" address. Log in to your BIS page or your email settings from your BB and it should allow you to create one.

07-07-10 02:44 PM
    That is correct. Easy as pie. Although I believe the newer emails end in "vzw.blackberry.net" now.....if you have BIS, you can also set it up online at

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    07-07-10 02:46 PM
    Can I have more than one? Or change it later?

Also what is bis and how do I get it or know if I have it

07-07-10 02:58 PM
    Also could I make my owe? Like @whateveriwant.com

07-07-10 03:06 PM
    Buy your own domain on godaddy or whatever for $10 or less, then use Google Apps For Your Domain to essentially set up gmail on your new domain. It's a lot more credible than a Blackberry.com email address; you get a 7GB inbox that's searchable and reachable from any computer; and it's cheap and easy.
    07-07-10 03:09 PM
    $10 one tine is all? Does that give me an email or a webpage?

07-07-10 03:16 PM
    Well, GoDaddy charges $10.69/year for a domain. Once you have a domain, you can register for free for Google Apps which will provide you with up to 50 email addresses, each of which have a 7GB inbox, plus shared calendars and some other things it sounds like you don't need.

One "gotcha" is that GoDaddy will sign you up for auto-renewal using the credit card you use to purchase your initial domain. If you change credit cards - either cancel the card or get a new number - GoDaddy will still try to use the old number unless you log in and provide a new number. It's not a bad thing, but it's something to remember.
    07-07-10 03:23 PM
    Oops. I should also point out that Google provides domains for $10/year through this link. I'm guessing using Google for a domain means Google Apps comes with it ready to go - no additional signups.
    07-07-10 03:27 PM
    Ill have to look up the google one when I'm home. Is google apps for webpages? At first I thought it was a phone application

07-07-10 03:33 PM
    Oops. I should also point out that Google provides domains for $10/year through this link. I'm guessing using Google for a domain means Google Apps comes with it ready to go - no additional signups.
    learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing.
    07-07-10 04:34 PM
    Ill have to look up the google one when I'm home. Is google apps for webpages? At first I thought it was a phone application

Google Apps is the branded version of the Google suite like Gmail, Calendar, Docs, etc. You can use it for webpages with Google Sites but it's very... Ehh.

You'll have all the functionality of a Gmail account (including that Gmail plugin, push, and contact sync) along with an @yourdomain.com email address.

When you do end up buying your domain name, I'd highly recommend buying the Private Registration so that your personal information (name, address, phone number) isn't tied to the account so you won't get additional spam and/or crazy people knocking on your door. The Google route of registering it has it already built in.
    07-07-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD