Okay, here is some background on the situation.

I have been with Verizon for a very long time and they by far have the best coverage here in Western Pa so I'm not jumping carriers anytime soon. I have had a Palm Treo (hated it), a Samsung i760 (wasn't bad), a BlackBerry Storm (was nice) and now the 9630. Well, my new every 2 is coming up on Verizon and like most tech nerds, I've been eyeing the Driod Incredible. My question to all your Driod users is what are your thoughts. Obvisously, Driod based devices are really pushing the envelope with what they can do and the OS seems stable but I want to know everyone thinks since my only time with the devices are with Demo models. I'm really interested to hear from those out there that were on a BlackBerry and went to a Driod based device. What do you miss (if anything)? Why made you decide to make the move? Any added informaiton will be great.
    07-07-10 01:03 PM
    I went from a BB Pearl -> BB Storm -> BB Tour -> Moto Droid -> HTC Incredible. I dont want you to take what I say as gospel its just my opinion, with that said I will list what I liked about both phones.

BB OS:
    1. BBM
    2. Email
    3. Tour had a sweet keyboard
    4. Had a good facebook app

Android OS:
    1. Open Source
    2. Thousands of FREE apps
    3. Incredibly customizable
    4. Widgets!!!
    5. Browser
    6. SWYPE
    7. Speech to Text keyboard
    8. Free GPS in Google Maps
    9. Very fast and very smooth

With all that said I would not go back to a BB. In fact I dont even know if I would choose an iPhone over my Incredible. Its that good. Once you learn the ins and outs you will love it.
    07-07-10 01:43 PM
    You can see my phone history in my signature. The switch to Android was the best move I've made in a long time. I did like my Tour, but I LOVE my Incredible. BBM would be the only thing I miss about BB, but with GTalk it is no big deal. BB is just so limited and with Android you have endless options...

DO IT.
    07-07-10 03:03 PM
    Had a Pearl 8130, then a Curve 8330. Bought a Tour on release day, but returned it after 2.5 weeks (didn't like the keyboard, pretty much same old same old OS, higher resolution screen, but same small size).

Bought the Moto Droid on release day. No regrets whatsoever.

I'm rooted, overclocked and running froyo 2.2 before Verizon has decided to release it to the masses. What could be better?
    07-07-10 03:07 PM
    I went from a BB Pearl -> BB Storm -> BB Tour -> Moto Droid -> HTC Incredible. I dont want you to take what I say as gospel its just my opinion, with that said I will list what I liked about both phones.

BB OS:
    1. BBM
    2. Email
    3. Tour had a sweet keyboard
    4. Had a good facebook app

Android OS:
    1. Open Source
    2. Thousands of FREE apps
    3. Incredibly customizable
    4. Widgets!!!
    5. Browser
    6. SWYPE
    7. Speech to Text keyboard
    8. Free GPS in Google Maps
    9. Very fast and very smooth

With all that said I would not go back to a BB. In fact I dont even know if I would choose an iPhone over my Incredible. Its that good. Once you learn the ins and outs you will love it.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the droid facebook app the same as the iphone one? therefore making 1000X better than the BB one?
    07-07-10 08:16 PM
    well i call verizon and found out that i can upgrade my one line that i don't use right now and still hold on to the upgrade i have coming to me on another line in 10 months so I decided to do it. I'm jumping to the Droid. But i'm going to wait until the 15th and pick up the X instead of the Incredible for a few reasons. First, I will get the X no later then the 19th of this month instead of the 3rd or 4th of August and secondly the X seems to packed with a lot of features. I'm really looking forward to it and i have 30 days to make my mind up. so we'll see how things go...i'm sure i'll be asking for more input next week :-D
    07-07-10 09:18 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the droid facebook app the same as the iphone one? therefore making 1000X better than the BB one?
    You are wrong ;p

The Facebook app for Android is the worst of the 3 by far. touch.facebook.com is more useful than the app on Android. The BB app is actually pretty nice, but the iPhones is far superior. Facebook just hasn't updated their app hardly at all since they initially released that half-assed program.
    07-07-10 09:28 PM
    Facebook doesn't really care about mobile devices. It would be nice if I could do simple things like viewing pictures within the application. Or have notifications work.

At least the Facebook client on Android doesn't take a minute or more to refresh the news feed, even on Wi-Fi. That's the one thing that drove me to use SocialScope all the time.
    07-07-10 09:52 PM
    You are wrong ;p

The Facebook app for Android is the worst of the 3 by far. touch.facebook.com is more useful than the app on Android. The BB app is actually pretty nice, but the iPhones is far superior. Facebook just hasn't updated their app hardly at all since they initially released that half-assed program.
    ^ This... I use Bloo and it was good, but there has been no developer support of it as of late.
    07-08-10 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD