I am definitely running away from Blackberry was seriously leaning towards an iPhone 3GS but I don't want to make a rash decision. Or uneducated one. I honestly don't know much about androids. So I was hoping you all could answer some questions for me.

1. Is android compare able to iPhone speed wise?

2. How do you handle media on android (itunes) sd card

3. What are the best android phones out there.

Also what are the best things about android phones

I know I sound stupid but frankly there are way too many options out there right now. Lol...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:47 PM
    I don't think you could go wrong with an iphone, droid incredible/X on verizon, or the evo on sprint. I'm not sure what droid phones att has.

These are probably the top phones available now (or the x in a week)

I'll let one of the techie guys spew the good stuff
    07-05-10 07:51 PM
    1. Android is definitely as fast as the iPhone these days. The second-gen hardware has made leaps and bounds in improvements. If you've heard about Android being slow, that isn't the case anymore.

2. iTunes Agent should be able to take care of you on the Windows side. DoubleTwist is for Mac users as a middleman. DoubleTwist works by making a playlist in iTunes, DoubleTwist picks it up then syncs to the device.

3. Depends all on your carrier. The Motorola Milestone on Telus is a good option, and the best in Canada right now. On Bell, you can get the HTC Legend. The Legend is a solid mid-range device. Bell is getting the Samsung Galaxy S soon, which looks to be a great phone but Samsung has a bad track record with supporting phones. So keep that in mind.

Android compared to the Storm is amazing. You can use an Android phone without wanting to throw it against the wall. There's apps and they aren't overpriced. There's an actual browser too. Lastly, the Google integration can't be beat.

Compared to the iPhone, I think I'd still take Android. You can do a lot more with stock Android than you can on an iPhone. For example, you have to jailbreak your iPhone which voids your warranty just to be able to reply to texts in any app. This can be done for free and without voiding your warranty on Android (SMS Popup.)
    07-05-10 08:50 PM
    Hey thanks for noticing I am from Canada and I am with Bell. The htc legend is what I was looking at.

I know one thing I would miss switching from BB to say the iPhone is the ability to just drag and drop my media. No syncing ..... And the sd card makes if very easy to show clients my past work right on their PC. Is this something android phones can do?

07-06-10 08:33 AM
    Hey thanks for noticing I am from Canada and I am with Bell. The htc legend is what I was looking at.

I know one thing I would miss switching from BB to say the iPhone is the ability to just drag and drop my media. No syncing ..... And the sd card makes if very easy to show clients my past work right on their PC. Is this something android phones can do?

Yes, you can use your Android phone as a standard disk drive like you do with your Storm.
    07-06-10 08:40 AM
    his may help:
    07-06-10 11:53 AM
    So what device would you guys recommend keep in mind I am with Bell Canada so it has to work with their HSPA Network.... As they are not gsm

07-06-10 01:33 PM
    Get the legend now or wait for the galaxy.

07-06-10 01:43 PM
    I'd suggest waiting for the Galaxy. Just try to bear it with your storm for a little longer!
    07-06-10 03:33 PM
    So what device would you guys recommend keep in mind I am with Bell Canada so it has to work with their HSPA Network.... As they are not gsm

Well, the Nexus One is the best available option but it's costly at $529. It is unsubsidized, meaning you don't sign a contract but it sure is a fair bit of money.
    07-06-10 04:22 PM
    buy a high end phone with good specs
    this would make your experience with android much better

android is only good if your specs are good
    otherwise it is very slow
    07-06-10 07:05 PM
    buy a high end phone with good specs
    this would make your experience with android much better

android is only good if your specs are good
    otherwise it is very slow
    +1

I will not buy a low end smartphone from this day forward. Specs account into OS updates. Just look at all the BBs that won't be able to run OS6, let alone OS5 because of limited RAM.
    07-06-10 07:39 PM
    So I should be looking for a 1ghz right? Hey so what is the deal with sence UI or froyo..... What is the difference.

Can the nexus one work on Bell mobility ..... I couldn't even get a storm 2 until a couple mths ago.... Bell is a joke with the limited selection of phones.

07-07-10 01:02 PM
    So I should be looking for a 1ghz right? Hey so what is the deal with sence UI or froyo..... What is the difference.

Can the nexus one work on Bell mobility ..... I couldn't even get a storm 2 until a couple mths ago.... Bell is a joke with the limited selection of phones.

Froyo is Android 2.2. It's faster than 2.1, and has a lot of nice little touches. Plus you get Wi-Fi or USB tethering out of the box.

Sense UI is different. It's a skin for HTC phones from HTC that goes deep into the OS. Sense UI isn't really needed these days, and you will wait longer for Android updates like Froyo if you get a phone with Sense UI.

The Nexus One will work on Bell. Buy the version that works on AT&T, as Bell uses the same bands for their network. Then when you get the phone, or before you get it, go to Bell and ask for a SIM card.
    07-07-10 10:00 PM
    Leafsfan i'm on Telus and bought an unlocked HTC desire (it was expensive but worth every penny). This is like a nexus one but with HTC sense on it. It's basically the HSPA version of the droid incredible. Make sure you get the australian 'telstra' version it uses the same HSPA bands as telus/rogers and bell.
    07-09-10 01:01 AM
    Can someone be a little more specific regarding the nexus one
    Which version should I b looking for? To work with Bell HSPA

ALSO if unlocked is it like the iPhone unlock. Can't let the phone die?

07-12-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD