Seems like Apple is pushing forward ..
    Android is moving forward...

Rim is still pending that darn 6.0 like it's going to be something GAME CHANGING..

still isn't released... the train is passing bye!
    The Smart Phone train is full of Apple and Droid users..

Rim is still at the train station.. with no tickets available!

*looks at tour*

07-05-10 03:03 PM
    The release of OS6 may or may not be a game changer, but the recent acquisition of QNX is definitely a game changer.
    07-05-10 03:09 PM
    rim was never meant to compete with gaudy iphones and 5 inch screen droids...

just saying..
    this has been debated many times here.

why waste the space?
    07-05-10 03:21 PM
    The release of OS6 may or may not be a game changer, but the recent acquisition of QNX is definitely a game changer.
    I will wait to see the release (QNX OS) before I call it a game changer. Android might have another update (Gingerbread) before OS 6 is even released.
    07-05-10 03:22 PM

just saying..

why waste the space?
    This is what happens in a forum. I'd get use to it.
    07-05-10 03:22 PM
    Apple is pushing forward

OS 6 will only be 'late' if it's not out by the end of 2010/Q3.
    07-05-10 03:24 PM
    I will wait to see the release (QNX OS) before I call it a game changer. Android might have another update (Gingerbread) before OS 6 is even released.
    The QNX OS is a true microkernal operating system, it allow's developer's to run thread's & process's EXACTLY where they want. The QNX OS is extremely reliable & super fast.
    07-05-10 03:26 PM
    The QNX OS is a true microkernal operating system, it allow's developer's to run thread's & process's EXACTLY where they want. The QNX OS is extremely reliable & super fast.
    And I will still wait to see it on a device before I make a judgement.
    07-05-10 03:32 PM
    to each his own.

i LOVE the new iphone, the camera and video cam in HD blows my mind how clear it is.

but i still wont let this 9700 slip away, my 9700 is a potent power house willing to do what i need it to do, it lasts a couple days before i need to charge it, its easy to throw a sms or pin msg out there in a matter of seconds..

thats why i love my berry, its stable, potent, plus i can put on any os, app, hybrid i want, whenever i want.
    07-05-10 03:40 PM
    to each his own.

i LOVE the new iphone, the camera and video cam in HD blows my mind how clear it is.

but i still wont let this 9700 slip away, my 9700 is a potent power house willing to do what i need it to do, it lasts a couple days before i need to charge it, its easy to throw a sms or pin msg out there in a matter of seconds..

thats why i love my berry, its stable, potent, plus i can put on any os, app, hybrid i want, whenever i want.
    Any OS? I think you mean any 9700 OS on it.

Other OS ports have only been done on Android, iPhone, WinMo and Nokia devices I believe.
    07-05-10 03:44 PM
    Another RIM has no innovation thread, guess it will never end. I think its a waste of space also but I blame myself for opening and reading it. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 03:48 PM
    Any OS? I think you mean any 9700 OS on it.

Other OS ports have only been done on Android, iPhone, WinMo and Nokia devices I believe.
    lol

i meant like any OS version, like .743 or whatever, i could switch to what i think is best, try any new version, or hybrid with a mix of files to whatever i think works best.

RIM is still up their in the rankings, read the wiki.

On 18 August 2009, Fortune Magazine named RIM as the fastest growing company in the world with a growth of 84% in profits over three years despite the recession.

Research In Motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-05-10 03:55 PM
    lol

i meant like any OS version, like .743 or whatever, i could switch to what i think is best, try any new version, or hybrid with a mix of files to whatever i think works best.
    Ok, yea that's what I thought you meant.

RIM is still up their in the rankings, read the wiki.

On 18 August 2009, Fortune Magazine named RIM as the fastest growing company in the world with a growth of 84% in profits over three years despite the recession.

Research In Motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who said they were down?
    07-05-10 04:00 PM
    I think the "cool apps" that android and iphone are touted for are not cool, the "fun stuff" is not fun, and the games are a waste of time. I think people who buy phones (or computers) because they think those things "look cool" are foolish. I hope BlcakBerry never becomes a toy like iphone or android.
    07-05-10 04:02 PM
    As its been said, RIM isn't trying to keep up with the EVOs, Droids and iPhones out there...

They are what they are, either take it or leave it. Funny thing is, they still continue to sell extremely well(posting better numbers each quarter).

I think their purpose is to have a Smart *messaging* phone. Not so much a super smart *media* phone. If that makes sense...
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 07-05-10 at 04:08 PM.
    07-05-10 04:06 PM
    RIMS phones compared to Android phones are well, a year behind schedule. This so-called Storm 3 coming around Nov/Dec, STILL doesn't compare to the 1st Moto Droid. So until RIM comes out with something freakishly amazing, I will be switching to Android.

What gets better then a 2ghz Dual Core Snap Dragon Proc, with 8mp Cam, and full HD video, and HDMI output?

RIMS got there hands full.....
    07-05-10 04:08 PM
    RIMS phones compared to Android phones are well, a year behind schedule. This so-called Storm 3 coming around Nov/Dec, STILL doesn't compare to the 1st Moto Droid. So until RIM comes out with something freakishly amazing, I will be switching to Android.

What gets better then a 2ghz Dual Core Snap Dragon Proc, with 8mp Cam, and full HD video, and HDMI output?

RIMS got there hands full.....
    gooodbye
    07-05-10 04:17 PM
    I think the "cool apps" that android and iphone are touted for are not cool, the "fun stuff" is not fun, and the games are a waste of time. I think people who buy phones (or computers) because they think those things "look cool" are foolish. I hope BlcakBerry never becomes a toy like iphone or android.
    Cool apps? I download apps to get things done and to benefit me in the end. If it happens to be cool, that's a plus.

Fun stuff? There are some fun apps. I usually delete them though because I would rather have fun by interacting with people. My xbox360 works well too.

Of course the games are a waste of time. You play them when you have time to waste. But, it sounds like you are another CEO on this forum so I guess you never have time to waste.

A lot of people buy BBs because they think they are cool and think it will make them look cooler and more important. Sorry to burst your bubble but BBs are already toys. Some users use them that way. BBs are no exception.

iPhone and Android are not toys. The USER turns them into toys. Same goes for BB. I don't see anything about a stock iPhone or Android devices that screams "PLAY ME!" when you first turn it on. BBs are the ones that come with games pre-installed (for business use of course).
    07-05-10 04:18 PM
    What does it matter why anyone buys anything? Is it foolish to buy a Cadillac when you can get by in a 1976 Ford Pinto?

As a school teacher that has 6th-12th graders, I see just as many middle and high school students walking around with Blackberries as I do iPhones and Droids. Blackberries are not the uber ultra elite status phones some of y'all make them out to be. I would actually say that far more middle and high school kids have Blackberries than iPhones and Droids due to you can go and get BBs for under a hundred and half the time, you buy 1 and get 4 free.

And, by the way, I don't need a 9800 that's coming out. I'm getting it because it looks cool.
    07-05-10 04:52 PM

just saying..

why waste the space?
    HAHAHA BULL SHIZZLE. what is the Storm then? its funny how people seem to forget about the Storm and Storm 2 which was / are RIM's answer to the iphone a pathetic one but it was an attempt and they failed. So BB users over look the storm and just look at all the keyboard models and say RIM does not compete with the iphone when they actually have tried.
    07-05-10 05:05 PM
    Apple is pushing forward

OS 6 will only be 'late' if it's not out by the end of 2010/Q3.
    Apple and HTC changed the entire mobile phone market over night. Its just that some companies i.e. motorola, rim, and a few others thought no one would care about a touch screen device or maybe they didn't see a reason to add new features into a phone. whatever the case was, the change happened fast. RIM/BB chose to push into the consumer market when they weren't ready. They should of stayed a business phone only with the option for consumers to purchase if they want. But to say and market to the consumers devices that are laughable compared to anything other there is funny.
    07-05-10 05:12 PM
    I still don't get it. If you want a Blackberry that looks and performs like an iPhone..why not just buy an iPhone?
    07-05-10 05:22 PM
    As its been said, RIM isn't trying to keep up with the EVOs, Droids and iPhones out there...

They are what they are, either take it or leave it. Funny thing is, they still continue to sell extremely well(posting better numbers each quarter).

I think their purpose is to have a Smart *messaging* phone. Not so much a super smart *media* phone. If that makes sense...
    I really think the Market has changed and the Term Smart phone needs to die, Media Phone / Messaging phone would be 2 better terms, Truly the Android and iPhone are awesome mediaphones, the Blackberry, and a few double flip style phones are messaging phones.

I still don't get it. If you want a Blackberry that looks and performs like an iPhone..why not just buy an iPhone?
    Well I say buy an Android because I hate itunes, but ya, don't get a Blackberry.

I don't really see Apple Moving forward much more than Blackberry is, just apple Started much further ahead in the game for the consumer.

RIM does not understand the consumer yet, I think they are just starting to get it, but they have a long history they have to over come that Apple and Android did not have to deal with, Just like Microsoft with Windows 7, RIM will catch up, and they might slip a little in the market, but they will come back they are to entrenched and hopefully have learned from Palm.
    07-05-10 06:13 PM
    The QNX acquisition may be what the NeXT acquisition was to Apple. But it's going to be another year at minimum before we see results, and that's a while in the mobile space.

For now, RIM is a sitting duck. Their products are in the position to keep the existing users, but not to attract new ones. I doubt anyone will be jumping ship back from an iPhone or an Android device to the 9800. When the only thing keeping a lot of users on your platform is a proprietary technology (BBM), you're in **** creek without a paddle.
    07-05-10 06:16 PM
    The QNX acquisition may be what the NeXT acquisition was to Apple. But it's going to be another year at minimum before we see results, and that's a while in the mobile space.

For now, RIM is a sitting duck. Their products are in the position to keep the existing users, but not to attract new ones. I doubt anyone will be jumping ship back from an iPhone or an Android device to the 9800. When the only thing keeping a lot of users on your platform is a proprietary technology (BBM), you're in **** creek without a paddle.
    I think there are plenty of new users out there who will see the new RIM offerings and jump on board.

there is a huge Slider market, will the 9800 capture it don't know
    there is also a fan base for Flip phones, RIM could capture that.

Then you have people who get Blackberries as their first smartphone because they want the perceived durability of a smaller screen over a full screen.

Many people are coming back from iPhones/Androids NOW with more options and a smoother OS, they will still come back maybe more.

OH! and QNX was open source before RIM purchased it so they could already have 6 months of development before making the purchase, so it wont exactly be like NeXt but we can hope that it does something for the platform and make RIM a consumer contender.
    Last edited by deRusett; 07-05-10 at 06:23 PM.
    07-05-10 06:20 PM
210 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD