Does anyone have a commuter? I was looking to see if anyone has tried it out before i buy it. just a quick question, does it feel like any of you users have to reach over the case to type on the keyboard? or does it feel like the case isnt even there?
    07-04-10 11:29 PM
    I have this case, and I think it's Great! I really like it. Now to answer your last question, (to me at least) it doesn't feel like the case is there much at all...so no reaching over the case is needed when typing.
    Last edited by Dodgesrtx; 07-05-10 at 01:16 AM.
    07-05-10 12:25 AM
    Love my commuter. Doesn't feel like it's there at all and gives the phone a cool look. Definitely recommend!
    07-05-10 12:27 AM
    This is a great case. I have it and have been using it for about 3 weeks. It does not interfere with my typing. I recommend this case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 12:30 AM
    Got it two days back and I must say it feels sturdy, yet inconspicuous. However, like some other Commuter users, mine suffers from an ill-fitting charging port cover as well.

07-05-10 12:43 AM
    I hate to be the dissenting vote, but I was disappointed in the case. I think it adds too much bulk, but my biggest complaint is that the hard shiny backing cover (to me at least) makes it very slippery when I picked the phone up. I felt as though I was more prone to dropping the phone when using it. Currently using the phone "naked" and remembering how good the phone feels that way.
    07-05-10 07:07 AM
    I love the commuter have had it a week and no problems at all. I was worried about it interfering with typing but it doesn't at all . Stops about a millimeter from the keyboard and slides in and out of the pocket easily

07-05-10 07:33 AM
    I have a Commuter case for my 9650 and my daughter has a Commuter for her 8530. We both love them. It is not very bulky at all. For protection, you need to have some thickness. The fit is perfect. We also get a lot of compliments. Hers is the pink/white one, mine black. Never had a better case! Shop around for a good price.
    07-05-10 07:39 AM
    Does Otterbox not make a holster for the Commuter case?
    07-05-10 07:51 AM
    I heard that the Seidio innocase holster will work with the 9650 Commuter. Saw it somewhere in CB forums.
    07-05-10 07:59 AM
    I love my commuter. If it feels a little slippery you can use some high grit sandpaper or emery cloth and buff that high polish finish off. Gives it just the right amount of feel t o it...

-db
    07-05-10 08:29 AM
    Ive had the commuter for a few weeks now and i too was very worried it was gonna add too much bulk, but i am very impressed with it. It adds maximum protection with surprisingly very little bulk, i would def recommend it!
    07-05-10 09:02 AM
    thanks to everyone's comments. After reading them im probably gonna purchase it right now! hope I like it!

Edit: The cheapest one i came across was 21.99 at newegg. If anyone is interested here's the link

Newegg.com - Otter Box RBB4-9650S-20-C5OTR Black Commuter Series Case For BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Last edited by BrianM23; 07-05-10 at 09:21 AM.
    07-05-10 09:11 AM
    I have the Otterbox Defender but having moved from the Tour to the Bold, I had both phones out of their wrappings and was surprised at how small they were. That got me tempted to keep the new Bold Defender free but I do need something to protect the Bold. I hike and bike and cross-country ski and the phone goes in a variety of packs and can get bumped and bruised and I fear for the screen if not the rest of the unit. I purchased a case from Verizon that has a plastic, rigid holster shell that protects the screen. But I am not sure that the case component protects the BB well as it has not cushioning. It is pretty thin and just wraps around the edges and does not really protect the top edge. The Commuter seems to be better general protection but the screen remains uncovered (thin, clear protectors don't protect from objects in packs) and there is no holster/shell to protect the screen.

I would like to see the Commuter in person - any brick/mortar sell it?

Here's the one I got from Verizon (I removed the spring belt clip as I don't use it that way and it makes it slimmer - did the same with the Otterbox Defender)
    Last edited by F2; 07-05-10 at 12:54 PM.
    07-05-10 09:31 AM
    Will the Seidio holster used with Innocases accomodiate the Otterbox Commuter case?
    07-05-10 12:01 PM
    I have the Defender, but wish I had gone with the commuter, the Defender is overkill for me.
    07-05-10 12:08 PM
    I have never been one for cases--but after purchasing the commuter I love it and I'm shocked that I'm still wearing it on my Bold after going naked for a long time and trying other cases. I feel that the commuter gives my Bold a real BlackBerry appearance (mho) and I feel protected! A little weight to the feel but easy to grip and hold without worrying about dropping it all the time.

07-05-10 01:23 PM
    This was the first case I bought and I really don't like it. I thought it wouldn't add much bulk at all but it still adds bulk, albeit less than the Defender, but it's still bulk. I have since taken it off and now carry my phone naked.
    07-05-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD