Call me crazy, but I'm sticking with this OS...

685 is easily the fastest, smoothest OS to ever run on my 9530. My screen transitions, time jumping between apps, and typing (even in SMS) has never been so fast. The battery life and memory stability on this OS are excellent (I run very minimal apps, no 3rd party theme, and I'm running this full version, no hybrid). SO FAR, my reception has been excellent, I haven't dropped a single call (and my basement is a total bunker) and on three occasions my data connection has dropped down to 1X while roaming my bunker. I am having a very hard time dealing with the 'call muting' problem (quickly switching between speakerphone and handset does the trick, but its a pain in the a$$) and my camera is fairly consistent with the convenience button, but still occasionally hangs up in low light conditions.

So its almost a certainty that another leaked OS will come our way, and I'm pretty excited. I'm sticking with this OS, till a better leak comes along, and I'm crossing my fingers that the next one will be the best one yet... but we'll see. Anyone else sticking with this OS ?
    07-03-10 06:10 PM
    I am using Lyricidal's latest hybrid built on the 591, and unless he builds another based on this, I am going to stick with this build until I get rid of my Storm. I was surprised to see this leak come out, and I do NOT expect to see another because 6 is coming and the Storm is not supported by Verizon, or anyone else that I know of for that matter.
    07-03-10 06:36 PM
    I am using Lyricidal's latest hybrid built on the 591, and unless he builds another based on this, I am going to stick with this build until I get rid of my Storm. I was surprised to see this leak come out, and I do NOT expect to see another because 6 is coming and the Storm is not supported by Verizon, or anyone else that I know of for that matter.

The Storm 9530 is for going for sale by China Telecom in two weeks -->

How to open shop in TaobaoちBlackBerry into the Chinese market models for sale in China, high price of how suddenly the old … | Apparel brand clothing Shopping Service

I expect at LEAST six months of software to come out of China as they sell the 9530. Now, whether or not this is the same as our North American model remains to be seen...
    07-03-10 07:51 PM
    Last night I rolled back to Lyr's .591/.753 hybrid. The last draw for me was starting to see a lot of keyboard lag. I just didn't see any significant dif between .685 and the latest .591 hybrids to make the risk of missed phone calls and keyboard lag worth it.

That is the first time I ever rolled back.

I do hope we see .7xx soon....
    07-04-10 07:54 AM
    I can't for the life of me see why anyone would stick with.685. It's by far the worst OS that's ever been released. .75 was better and it sucked! I rolled back to .591/.748 right after the first " Hello, Hello, HELLOOO"!!! At least now my device works like it's supposed to. Well, as good as an S1 can!
    07-04-10 08:14 AM
    I can't for the life of me see why anyone would stick with.685. It's by far the worst OS that's ever been released. .75 was better and it sucked! I rolled back to .591/.748 right after the first " Hello, Hello, HELLOOO"!!! At least now my device works like it's supposed to. Well, as good as an S1 can!
    I'm sticking with 685 I put the 758 browser with it n runs fine. I've read people having problems with the camera (lyricidal posted a fix), media player n phone app but I havnt had a single problem. This is running better than lyrs 758/591 hybrid I was using, just waiting on him to make a hybrid for this build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 09:31 AM
    I'm sticking with 685 I put the 758 browser with it n runs fine. I've read people having problems with the camera (lyricidal posted a fix), media player n phone app but I havnt had a single problem. This is running better than lyrs 758/591 hybrid I was using, just waiting on him to make a hybrid for this build.

Yeah I loaded the fix you speak of but it didn't remedy the problem. there was just too many issues for me to spend any more time with it..591/.758 worked fine for me so I had to go back. I wonder why some S1s have no problems and others do.
    07-04-10 11:27 AM
    I went back to 591 plus Lyricals 758v2. I was having problems with the screen dimming after 7 seconds and the phone freezing when using 685 and the same hybrid.
    07-04-10 04:29 PM
    had too many problems with .685. my phone would reset, the camera issue (even with the fix, it wasn't perfect), the incoming call issues, etc. it just wasn't too stable of an OS. i went back to .419/758.
    07-04-10 06:50 PM
    So... just for $hit$ and giggles, I slapped the official 9520 5.0.0.741 Java on top of 685 last night... The first thing I noticed is that the browser is STUPID fast, in fact all data seems to be really really fast. The battery life seems pretty terrible so far, but the memory is stable, and my phone finally did the 'no sound' thing with no ringer, no speaker, ect.

I'm going back to straight 685 and sitting tight for a couple of weeks... according to chinese websites, the 9530 goes on sale in TWO weeks, and there's no way it will be released with 685 (at least I REALLY hope not), so hopefully we'll see a solid OS then.
    07-04-10 07:01 PM
    Hello....Hellooooooooo, Hello
    07-05-10 07:02 PM
    I went back to .591, I couldn't tollerate the muted calls. Hopefully a new one will be released soon.
    07-05-10 08:20 PM
    I gave up too... I actually had the phone do a 'complete mute' with no ring tones, no speaker, no noise, had to pull battery.

Its really unfortunate as I LOVE the speed of this OS. I've gone back to Sasktel's .419 for now, and everything works as it should (yeah yeah except bubble SMS) but damn is it SLOW. Yes the battery life is great, and the radio is pretty good, but its really disappointing to see that little clock show up in the middle of my screen sooooooo often.

Where is the complete OS that this phone is capable of running RIM? Where is the perfect Storm?
    07-07-10 11:28 PM
    I need to find my god damn cable so I can upgrade
    07-07-10 11:53 PM
    I actually had the phone do a 'complete mute' with no ring tones, no speaker, no noise, had to pull battery.
    VZW MR2 for 9550 (.713) does the same thing...
    07-08-10 02:01 AM
    RIM should never have let .685 out of their test labs...

.591 has some problems of it's own, but I love the strength of it RADIO. Even if a better OS comes out, if they go back to the weak RADIO files then I may be stuck with .591... at least until I am able to upgrade to a new phone.
    07-08-10 10:36 AM
    I am struggling to keep it, so far minus the call issue, I like, but one out of 5 or 6 calls I call hear anything, and I have to restart with quick pull!
    07-08-10 10:49 AM
    After 5 days of use, I went back to .591. If I wanted my phone to be anything but a phone, I would've gotten an iPod Touch or similar. I liked the memory stability but can't stand not making/taking calls.

So what's the next .7xx build we may expect to see? I know there's a simulator for .724 but that probably won't drop. I think we're looking at something higher?
    07-08-10 05:04 PM
    Dunno guys I just put the 794 hybrid over 685 and by far is the best Os I've had on this phone sense I bought it. No problems with calls for me.

07-09-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD