hey CB i currently have the storm1 and i am going to upgrade. But the question is should i get the storm2, bold 9700 or wait for the S3??

all comments and advice appreciated
    07-03-10 01:55 PM
    We don't know WHEN the S3 will hit and how much of an improvement it will be over the S2, so how do you expect anyone to intelligently answer your question??
    07-03-10 01:57 PM
    We don't know WHEN the S3 will hit and how much of an improvement it will be over the S2, so how do you expect anyone to intelligently answer your question??
    I know that no one will be able to tell me anything that i dont already know about the S3 as there isn't any concrete information/evidence of it. but i was hoping people will be able to help me decide what to choose by giving me their thoughts on the storm 2 and whether their gut instinct is to wait for the S3 or go for the S2

thanks anyway
    07-03-10 02:10 PM
    I think he's just looking for opinions. Here's mine fwiw...
    I would buy a used S2 (off ebay etc) enjoy it until S3 comes out.
    You can re-sell S2 when you get S3 to recover some of your initial purchase price.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 07-03-10 at 02:14 PM.
    07-03-10 02:11 PM
    Opinions, opinions, everyone has an opinion. When it comes down to making a decision, that's for the person about to write the check or slide the credit card through the machine.

My opinion? I like my S2. If I KNEW exactly what the S3 was all about and what date it was going to be released, I could then make an intelligent decision about buying now or buying later. Without that info, all the OPINION in the world is worth nada.
    07-03-10 02:15 PM
    im pretty sure i will get the storm 2 just not to sure if it is a whole lot better than the storm 1
    07-03-10 02:21 PM
    im pretty sure i will get the storm 2 just not to sure if it is a whole lot better than the storm 1
    YES! It is far better than the S1. The screen is remarkable--a big improvement over the S1 which I had for 8 miserable days, back in early 2009. The OS is MUCH improved (the last 3 iterations). No more wobbly, single-button screen. The 4 corner actuators work remarkably well.
    07-03-10 02:26 PM
    Yes. It's worth it for the memory alone (twice that of the S1)
    The other big change is wifi on the S2 (not available on S1)
    07-03-10 02:37 PM
    x 10 grab yourself the s2 you wont be sorry you did
    07-03-10 03:43 PM
    Just bought my S2 from the CB marketplace used to use for the rest of the summer/year so I don't have to renew my contract and sets up my options for the S3 or iphone on the new network
    07-03-10 04:46 PM
    I wouldn't burn an NE2 on an S2 this late in the game.... but that's just me.
    07-03-10 05:17 PM
    I would not get the storm 2 now. it is a great phone no complaints but storm 3 is around the corner and it will be lte i hear which will be great ..wait for that phone ..trust me u will be glad u did...unless u have a ton of money and can buy it outright when its available
    07-03-10 05:25 PM
    I would not get the storm 2 now. it is a great phone no complaints but storm 3 is around the corner and it will be lte i hear which will be great ..wait for that phone ..trust me u will be glad u did...unless u have a ton of money and can buy it outright when its available
    it's just rumor at this point. You don't KNOW it will have LTE, now DO you?
    07-03-10 05:28 PM
    I would hold out to see what RIM releases this winter if it looks good go for a new berry but if RIM continues to launch and disappoint people then I would jump ship go android!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 05:42 PM
    it's just rumor at this point. You don't KNOW it will have LTE, now DO you?
    off topic but i been wondering what LTE means?
    thanks
    07-03-10 05:57 PM
    I would hold out to see what RIM releases this winter if it looks good go for a new berry but if RIM continues to launch and disappoint people then I would jump ship go android!

^^^what he said...I would definitely wait to see what's coming out.

07-03-10 06:40 PM
    Opinions, opinions, everyone has an opinion. When it comes down to making a decision, that's for the person about to write the check or slide the credit card through the machine.
    My uncle always said.. Opinions are like an as*hol*,everyone has one lol. I agree w ur analysis. I got my s2 half a month ago. Personally I think rim is being stupid by takin so long to release s3 or slider. N I dun think s3 will b out anytime in 2010. Slider,yes. But not s3.

Last edited by nashstruck; 07-03-10 at 06:54 PM.
    07-03-10 06:43 PM
    dont use ur NE2 for the S2...i just got an S2 from the marketplace to hold me over. to be honest...i liked my S1 better.

im up for my NE2 in another month anyway...will most likely wait until at least nov/dec to truly upgrade.

think im going android anyway
    07-03-10 06:56 PM
    3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia no sorry i don't know for a fact its going to be LTE but i have been following storm 3 on google and i have read here on CB that it should have LTE and plus storm 2 is almost a year old and storm 3 is only what 4 months away? it only makes sense to wait and save ur upgrade...i guess buy a storm2 on ebay if u have to have it...but technology flies fast and i would wait for next gen. phone of storm series .imho
    07-03-10 07:46 PM
    i just bought my storm brand new about a month ago...i was in the same boat as you were while makeing this decision...but i LOVE it its the best phone ive ever used in my life i love everything about it
    07-03-10 08:51 PM
    3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia no sorry i don't know for a fact its going to be LTE but i have been following storm 3 on google and i have read here on CB that it should have LTE and plus storm 2 is almost a year old and storm 3 is only what 4 months away? it only makes sense to wait and save ur upgrade...i guess buy a storm2 on ebay if u have to have it...but technology flies fast and i would wait for next gen. phone of storm series .imho
    Not to be an echo, but this is NOT confirmed. It's only speculated that the S3 will be released when Verizon deploys LTE, but then again the existence of the S3 hasn't been confirmed yet. If there's no device, then there's no release date.

To the OP: I heard about rumors of the S2 coming since February of '09, and I waited almost an entire year to get mine so I could use my NE2. IMHO, it all depends on how long you're willing to wait to get something you'll be happy with. I waited, checked out the competition, and when it came time I got my S2 and am thoroughly pleased with my decision.
    07-03-10 10:17 PM
    I agree, don't use your NE2. Get it second hand. In my area the S2 is going for $200 with accessories. I've been thinking about getting a Pre Plus as a back up once I see one cheap enough on Craigslist.
    07-04-10 12:12 AM
    i hope they give you a pre/post/holidday discount!!!
    07-04-10 01:59 AM
    Thanks to everyone who has left a comment so far. At the moment this is what i am planning to do.
    1. get the storm2 on a contract
    2. OS 6 will be released, get it on my phone.
    3. by the time im due an upgrade the storm4 should be about to be released

a good plan?
    07-04-10 09:03 AM
    a good plan?
    a very reasonable plan--yes.
    07-04-10 10:53 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD