1) if you get a phone replaced under an ins. claim is it typically new or a refurbished?

2) I just got a LG EN v touch replaced under manufacture warranty, the "order" for the FRU device was placed @ a local store on Friday 7/2 around 3:30. The receipt says FEDEX 2DAY...when should i expect this device? And do i have to sign for it?

Thanks
    07-03-10 11:37 AM
    An insurance phone can be either new or refurbished. You're never promised either one. And if you ordered the phone 7/2with 2 day shipping you can expect it Tuesday. Because its 2 business day shipping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 11:42 AM
    If you get a phone replaced under an ins. claim is it typically new or a refurbished?
    If you got your phone via Asurion, then it will be more than likely a referb phone. Heck Asurion does not even guarantee that it will be the same phone model that they send you. However I have always got the same phone from them, I have heard others who have not.

I just got a LG EN v touch replaced under manufacture warranty, the "order" for the FRU device was placed @ a local store on Friday 7/2 around 3:30. The receipt says FEDEX 2DAY...when should i expect this device? And do i have to sign for it?

Thanks
    Like above 2 business days. If the phone is coming from VZW then yes you will need to sign for it ( I have always had to and never given the option not to sign) If the phone is coming from Asurion, then when you placed your claim you should have picked the sign or don't sign option.
    07-03-10 11:55 AM
    ok. ill expect the en on tues
    and i might cancel my ins...i pay 6 bucks a month on my Bold...if i pay for a yr thats $72 + $89 for a advanced device claim..thats $161..ill prob be better of using the certified pre-owned program...the only issue with that is that they are NOT guarenteed to have a BOLD...but i do have the option to switch to whatever device they have...recentely the most expensive device that had on the list was only $199 and the was a Tour (i believe)..WHAT WOULD U DO?
    07-03-10 12:11 PM
    The most expensive on the CPO list is Moto Droid @ $289.99. The Bold isn't on the list but the tour is.
    07-03-10 10:59 PM
    ok. ill expect the en on tues
    and i might cancel my ins...i pay 6 bucks a month on my Bold...if i pay for a yr thats $72 + $89 for a advanced device claim..thats $161..ill prob be better of using the certified pre-owned program...the only issue with that is that they are NOT guarenteed to have a BOLD...but i do have the option to switch to whatever device they have...recentely the most expensive device that had on the list was only $199 and the was a Tour (i believe)..WHAT WOULD U DO?
    I'd keep that insurance. Yea it's annoying, but unless you want to get stuck with a sub-par device (the tour, over the bold??? i'd hate that with its trackball that gets dirty and non-responsive so fast), if you break your phone.

Granted, pay attention to your own habits and how you treat your device. I never got insurance with my non-smartphones of the past and never broke a phone... but I decided if I am going to get a $500+ smartphone (subsidized of course) , I ought to spend a whopping $6/month so that in the event that I break it, I will get another for only $90 instead of $200-300 for CPO (IF they even have a model I want) or worse of 300-400 used on ebay/craigslist and even more if I buy it new from vzw.
    07-04-10 05:20 AM
    True. I will keep ins for now. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 10:19 AM
    I thought that the insurance costs were more than $6/month? (grandfathered price?)
    07-04-10 11:39 AM
    TEC is $7.99 a month and that includes the extended warrant. $6.00 a month if you don't want the extended warranty.

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage
    07-04-10 02:38 PM
    If you had insurance you are grandfathered in at the lower rate.
    Even if you change devices you are good.
    07-05-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD