How many flip owners would like to purchase the new 9670 clamshell when it gets released I want one for sure. I don't like the size of all these new android devices that are being released and I hope RIM releases this device soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 08:42 AM
    For someone that doesn't like the size of the new android phones you probably won't like the 9670.. Its a monster! Its as big as an 8900 closed and twice that size open, that's just plain silly.

07-03-10 09:39 AM
    There is zero chance that this flip user will switch. It doesn't have the suretype keyboard, it is CDMA, and just flat out ugly. This user would likely switch to the Pearl 3G if BB was my only choice, but I have no plans to upgrade to any future BB model. Unless a future BB model has a touchscreen keyboard input that rivals the HTC stable of phones, I won't be upgrading to any BB model, period. RIM needs to wake up and smell their bottoms burning by Apple and HTC. The Incredible and Evo models are downright awesome. And no one needs to talk about the iPhone.
    07-03-10 10:02 AM
    Admittedly it is lacking in the aesthetics department, but I'd switch to it if there was a GSM version. Took 'em long enough to make a flip smartphone with a full keyboard. >:/
    07-03-10 08:52 PM
    How many flip owners would like to purchase the new 9670 clamshell when it gets released I want one for sure. I don't like the size of all these new android devices that are being released and I hope RIM releases this device soon.

That is one huge clamshell...the DROID Incredible and Nexus One are a nice size, definitely smaller than that device, and I bet it receives limited support the the Pearl Flip series did, you know, they never got OS 5.
    07-05-10 09:37 AM
    YES. It is exactly what I've always wanted in a phone: complete smart phone capabilities, clamshell design, huge screen, full qwerty keyboard (admittedly I've never been a big fan of the sure type layout of the original flip). I am uber stoked on the idea of a flip upgrade, just hope they have it on my carrier if/when it's released!
    07-07-10 02:43 AM
    I thought about it, Im not a huge fan of the design but Id have to put my hands on it before Id make a decision.
    07-07-10 02:50 AM
    I might need to try it before I say anything.

07-08-10 01:15 AM
    It's WAY too big for me. That's what I love about the Pearl Flip... the size. I've had the Curve, Tour and Storm and so far the Pearl is actually my favorite. Go figure... If I changed to anything, it might be the Pearl 3G. I LOVE SureType.
    07-09-10 10:23 AM
    it's too big/heavy for my taste, but i would compare it to the slider first before anything else (if it ever comes through in a GSM version)...
    07-26-10 09:27 PM
    I am probably done with BB. I like my flip, and I got it primarily for the size. It seems pretty clear there will be no OS upgrades for this device, and app support is pitiful. If I am going to have to change to a larger phone to get some of the speed and features I want, I will be switching to an iPhone or Android (likely HTC). Bye Bye BB.
    07-30-10 01:06 PM
    Personally, I think the device is terribly ugly. I'm very excited for the 9800, and I'll probably wind up getting it next year when I have an upgrade.
    07-31-10 06:09 PM
    Yes yes yes yes!! Can I have it NOW!!?? LOL.

08-10-10 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD