My Storm has been running absolutely TERRIBLE lately rebooting with only 11MB memory. I haven't been on this site in some time and saw someone suggested backing up your contacts and doing a security wipe.

What exactly does this do? Just erase your contacts, emails, and messages? I have my contacts backed up by the backup assistant and google sync (google sync scares me tho cuz it has erased every contact of mine before) Would I be safe running the wipe right now without backing up on DM. My home laptop is busted and dont really have access to DM anywhere. Thanks.

Also my phone is running on v5.0.0.328
    apps are backup assistant, beweather, blink, bolt, goog maps, goog mobile, goog sync, goog voice, gmail, youtube, opera mini, quickpull, slacker, and smrtguard
    07-02-10 12:03 PM
    Eff it im just gonna wipe

*crosses fingers*
    07-02-10 01:13 PM
    When you can get to a PC, wipe the OS with BBSAK and reload 5.0.0.419; it fixes a number of bugs in 328. And it adds pop-up keys so you can see what you're typing.
    07-02-10 01:15 PM
    I would but like I said my laptop is busted and I am on my work comp so I cant hook up to DM or BBSAK. Right now I'm just trying to salvage some kind of memory so my BB is usable again. 11MB after bat pull is not cutting it AT ALL (down to 4MB after a bat pull 2 hours ago!!!).
    07-02-10 01:25 PM
    It worked and was able to get my contacts back too. Def a pain to set everything back up again but atleast im rebooting with 30MB. Hopefully it can stay functional until October when I get my new phone
    07-02-10 02:56 PM
    I SWEAR these phones are programmed to fail, coinciding with the release of the Droid X.

My phone has NEVER had any problems at all. Recently all sorts of crap has happened to it.
    07-02-10 04:10 PM
    I SWEAR these phones are programmed to fail, coinciding with the release of the Droid X.

My phone has NEVER had any problems at all. Recently all sorts of crap has happened to it.
    This phone will self-destruct in 13 days........
    07-02-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD